Football Heaven Tonight

I wonder what Michael  the bias blade has to say for himself tonight , don't  get me wrong it was a fantastic  result for them last night, but he could mention us you never no , after saying get down to down town .... Bramall Lane , oh and and don't forget to mention  Bev the darling 

15 minutes ago, Tommy Tinman said:

I wonder what Michael  the bias blade has to say for himself tonight , don't  get me wrong it was a fantastic  result for them last night, but he could mention us you never no , after saying get down to down town .... Bramall Lane , oh and and don't forget to mention  Bev the darling 

Did he not send you a Valentine’s card? He sent me one.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Definitely, you only have to look at Plymouth & Bolton since they got to the tinpot cup final. 

Eh?

And what of Burnley? Pigs back 7 clear? Wrexham had the extra game, kept winning after.

You can make the same argument forever and be proven right and wrong.

Plymouth and Bolton have lost 1 game. Plymouth still in control, Bolton were never involved.

I personally think it’s a lazy thing to say. Teams have big squads now, we made 10 changes and should have won against a side below us who made 6.

I was disappointed to go out and didn’t celebrate it like some have. Promotion is the aim yes but would a game yesterday have hammered Saturday really that much? Ifs and buts with assumptions of the worst and glad the worst didn’t happen

• Like 2

On 02/03/2023 at 16:13, lukeyswfc said:

And what of Burnley? Pigs back 7 clear? Wrexham had the extra game, kept winning after.

You can make the same argument forever and be proven right and wrong.

So definitely not a myth then?

11 minutes ago, lukeyswfc said:

Yes it is.

The myth is if you go deep into cups you throw the league. Whereas many many clubs have proven that wrong.

So, yes. Myth

You said it couldn't be proved either way.

Not a myth then.

48 minutes ago, markowl said:

You said it couldn't be proved either way.

Not a myth then.

Yeeeessss, which means it’s a myth that if you go deep into a cup comp you ruin your league form… That’s how that works. It wouldn’t be a myth if every single team flopped.

I don't believe there is any correlation between league success and cup progression. For every Wednesday 1991 and double winning team there is a Wigan or Portsmouth to counter it.

I'm sure if you're a bit poo and think you can only pull out a performance once a month and you're in the 5th round you'll focus on that, if you bring you can win every game...well you'll give that a go too.

There is some merit in squad sizes plus depth of quality etc which wasn't so much an issue 30 years ago. Overall though, quality wins out for the majority of the time