Byers Reaction!

23 minutes ago, shandypants said:

It looks like a storm in a teacup; not even “handbags at dawn”. I’m sure that it’ll get resolved by a handshake and a bit of banter on the training pitch. 

Yeah and a good laugh how 3 points were chucked away and not forgetting the 3500 + who had to witness the pile of shiite dished up after Byers substitution. They will be laughing and patting one another on the back after that last night. 

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Had Paterson done that he’d have got dogs abuse on here this morning. And he gets subbed more than anyone. 

Comparing Patterson with Byers.  Jesus wept. 

1 minute ago, Brad_owl said:

he is older and wiser than the players, he should have been clever enough to put an arm around Byers and explain things rather than running after him for a feet. 

He should have let Byers calm down and explain at halftime...it was a " Who's in charge here fuckwitmoment "

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Nick1498 said:

Google Byres swfc kicking off it’s on Sky Sports page 

Thanks, I've just watched that and Byers did absoloutley nothing wrong. the midget physio wanted nutting. What's his name ?

2 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Disgusting reaction, distracted for the task that had just been made more difficult. 
No one has ever questioned Byers commitment, we know he’s committed he gives a 100% every game without fail. 

chucking your shin pads about and wrestling with your coach who is obviously trying to calm you down is ridiculous and childish.

it doesn’t matter if he agrees with the decision or not. It’s not his decision to make and he has to accept it.

By all means knock on Darrens Moore’s door in the morning and have it out with him but don’t kick off like a 6 year old having a tantrum. 

if I was the manager Byers would be training with the kids until he apologised and had proven you can act like an adult. 

‘Disgusting’ is a bit of a reach don’t you think 

We need to sort this asap 

our midfield last season with Byers Bannan Luongo was as good as anything in the league 

for me Byers starts and last night should have stayed on 

the worry for me is all the tinkering 

we have yet to put in a performance Sunderland aside 

please sort Darren 

Wawaw 

1 minute ago, Sweet Sheri said:

our midfield last season with Byers Bannan Luongo was as good as anything in the league 

please sort Darren 

Wawaw 

Trouble is I don't think he knows what his best team is and when he gets close he changes it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sambo89 said:

Not really, in my mind anyway. 

Byers showed he was frustrated and didn't want to come off. Smith's reaction was the more unprofessional. 

Smith let's Byers go and sit down, Byers has time to calm down, no more reaction (in public anyway). 

Smith challenges Byers, tries to grab him, makes a bigger issue out of it. And in public in front of the cameras. Made the situation worse.

I love to see players not wanting to come off, showing a bit of passion and frustration, and shows that he felt he had more to give to the game last night.

I don't like to see coaches etc going after our/their own players for showing it. 

And to be fair, it was an aggressive high 5 that made Smith go after him. 

If everyone kicked off every time their manager did / said something they didn’t agree with like Byers did the queues in the job centres would be Full Montyesque 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sweet Sheri said:

please sort Darren 

Wawaw 

That’s the problem right there

Its Darren and he hasn’t got a clue

• Like 2

It seems Byers was frustrated because he realised losing someone capable of keeping the ball when you were down to 10 men, and replacing him with someone who regularly gives the ball away, was not a great decision.

I can see Byers making a good coach.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It was unprofessional and not something that needed to happen on the pitch. As others have said, if Smith wasn't happy with his reaction then wait until half time to have it out with Byers.

Both to blame but just think Smith should have read the situation better. Let Byers have his strop and once he's calmed down go and explain the decision. And of course Byers needs to show more respect to the coaching staff.

A heat of the moment reaction, hopefully Byers and Smith learn from it and move on and forget about it.

• Like 2

Guest DoesJackHunt
4 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

‘Disgusting’ is a bit of a reach don’t you think 

Not really, if you kicked off like that at work because your director had made a decision you didn’t like and you started wrestling with your team leader and chucking your stapler on the floor you would get sacked mate. 

1 hour ago, The coach said:

It totally changed the momentum ..but all the fuss about the reaction has took the heat of Moore for what was a pi55 poor decision

it was indeed.

Johnson or Patterson could have shored up the defence for the remainder of the half to allow us to regroup at half time and make a sensible decision.

It certainly changed the game!!