Byers Reaction!

Guest DoesJackHunt

Disgusting reaction, distracted for the task that had just been made more difficult. 
No one has ever questioned Byers commitment, we know he’s committed he gives a 100% every game without fail. 

chucking your shin pads about and wrestling with your coach who is obviously trying to calm you down is ridiculous and childish.

it doesn’t matter if he agrees with the decision or not. It’s not his decision to make and he has to accept it.

By all means knock on Darrens Moore’s door in the morning and have it out with him but don’t kick off like a 6 year old having a tantrum. 

if I was the manager Byers would be training with the kids until he apologised and had proven you can act like an adult. 

Edited by DoesJackHunt

6 minutes ago, Beast of Boulogne said:

Even poorer and more unprofessional from Byers 

Not really, in my mind anyway. 

Byers showed he was frustrated and didn't want to come off. Smith's reaction was the more unprofessional. 

Smith let's Byers go and sit down, Byers has time to calm down, no more reaction (in public anyway). 

Smith challenges Byers, tries to grab him, makes a bigger issue out of it. And in public in front of the cameras. Made the situation worse.

I love to see players not wanting to come off, showing a bit of passion and frustration, and shows that he felt he had more to give to the game last night.

I don't like to see coaches etc going after our/their own players for showing it. 

And to be fair, it was an aggressive high 5 that made Smith go after him. 

Edited by Sambo89
  • Like 4

No problem with it.

Byers must have been livid. He thinks he should be a regular, he has only started twice, he transformed us Saturday, earns the start, then gets subbed and sees Paterson go to CM….🤷‍♂️

Spur of the moment frustration. It’ll all be sorted today and it’ll also bring our currently rotating CM issue to the fore (thread to follow).

• Like 5

Having watched it back I do think Smith comes off a little worse. 

Smith takes offence to how Byers frustratingly touches his hand as coming off the pitch. Byers doesn’t appear to say anything towards the management and he does acknowledge Smith. 

Smith doesn’t need to chase him, grabbing his shirt and dragging him back. 

• Like 9

I just get this weird sense that Moore doesn't rate George as highly as most do on here and that the likes of Vaulks were brought in to start ahead of him.

Could be wrong, but didn't his run of games last season come around due to injuries i.e we were down to just him Bannan and Mass? 

I still don't get that change last night. He's the best midfielder on the pitch, we are down to ten men and need to have someone who can control the game in the middle of the pitch. It wasn't even like he gave it 10 to 15 minutes to see how things were going - at most, it was 5 mins after the red card.

All in all, a horror show from all involved. Not good.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

give over!!! He's human being and passionate about his job...the assistant was just as bad, he deserved a clip!!! He was the one who reacted not Byers

Incorrect. Take your medicine and sit down. Came across as petulant and disrespectful. It’s a team game. 

• Like 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
25 minutes ago, Sambo89 said:

Not really, in my mind anyway. 

Byers showed he was frustrated and didn't want to come off. Smith's reaction was the more unprofessional. 

Smith let's Byers go and sit down, Byers has time to calm down, no more reaction (in public anyway). 

Smith challenges Byers, tries to grab him, makes a bigger issue out of it. And in public in front of the cameras. Made the situation worse.

I love to see players not wanting to come off, showing a bit of passion and frustration, and shows that he felt he had more to give to the game last night.

I don't like to see coaches etc going after our/their own players for showing it. 

And to be fair, it was an aggressive high 5 that made Smith go after him. 

Ridiculous. Byers 100% at fault 

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

Incorrect. Take your medicine and sit down. Came across as petulant and disrespectful. It’s a team game. 

No he didn't...grow a pair of balls and speak the truth.

Byers was quite clearly frustrated and rightly so!! I don't think there was a fan who agreed with the sub and again, rightly so it was poor...Byers hit the hand of Smith, which he put out for him to make contact with. Smith then chased after him, grab his shirt and start waving his finger in his face....these are facts that's are clearly on TV,  you can't even argue with it you clown!!! Smith was the one who reacted badly.

I personally want players in that team who want to be on the pitch and Byers clearly did!!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

No he didn't...grow a pair of balls and speak the truth.

Byers was quite clearly frustrated and rightly so!! I don't think there was a fan who agreed with the sub and again, rightly so it was poor...Byers hit the hand of Smith, which he put out for him to make contact with. Smith then chased after him, grab his shirt and start waving his finger in his face....these are facts that's are clearly on TV,  you can't even argue with it you clown!!! Smith was the one who reacted badly.

I personally want players in that team who want to be on the pitch and Byers clearly did!!

You weren’t there. You don’t know what was said. What we saw was a player clearly upset at getting subbed. And he reacted poorly. His job when getting subbed is to get off the pitch asap and support the team from that point on. 

Smith shouldn’t have reacted either. 

Peterborough will have laughed their balls off at such small time behaviour. 

These lads are professional footballers for a reason. The key word is professional. 

Whether it was the right or wrong decision to bring him off is irrelevant. Slippery slope to let players behave in such a way.

Byers is a very good player, and seems a decent character, so no major issue. 

• Like 2