Elephant in the room is ..........

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Wednesday win
Wednesday fans look to scapegoat Bannan

Amazing

Silly answer,no scapegoat,we won,scapegoat doesn't even enter the equation,an observation and opinion that it's time to move on and the new midfield guys in my opinion are shining through,hope Bazza keeps going and has some good games for us,but you have to admit,we are looking better at the moment when he doesn't play.

17 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

You mean when he started scoring every other game? Yeah definitely didn’t work did it. 

Other than a one off worldy against MK Dons he hasn’t scored since March. Take away that MK Dons game he’s got 1 assist & and no goals since March, that’s nearly 15 games. Put it back in it’s only 3 assists and 1 goal. Working brilliantly isn’t it?

If people genuinely think the best use of our most creative player is having him effectively playing wide in a front 3 when we’ve got the ball then they’re deluded, including Darren Moore. He barely saw the ball today, he was so easy to mark out of the game.

1 hour ago, Baytan Blue said:

Bazza.

Love the guy but it might be time for him to play more of a supporting role in my opinion,help bring the other young talent along,I thought him and Hunty struggled today,credit to Palmer and Windass,ran there goolies off.

I think we will have enough to go up though.Not playing well but winning is something we've not seen for a long long time .

What do you mean ‘bring the other young talent along’? Had a slow start to season but the best player in this division by a country mile. Also, I’m pretty sure that he picked byers out to put a cross in for Bakinson to finish. 

Would be ludicrous to right him off now. 

Anyway, it is far too earlier to be writing Bannan off. 

I'd agree he's made a slightly slow start, but then I don't think he's been helped by the makeup of the midfields he's playing in. We all know he thrives when he's got a good defensive midfielder in there. 

The midfield in the first half just wasn't right. Vaulks seems to be getting up to speed, Fizz/FDB/Bash was all over the shop and wasteful. 

Bannan notably improved when Byers and Bakinson came on, plus Gregory. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

What do you mean ‘bring the other young talent along’? Had a slow start to season but the best player in this division by a country mile. Also, I’m pretty sure that he picked byers out to put a cross in for Bakinson to finish. 

Would be ludicrous to right him off now. 

Writing him off ,eh ????

48 minutes ago, markg said:

After  everything bannan has done, he isn’t allowed an off game. We are weird as a fan base aren’t we 

To be fair think he's been a bit off it all three games so far, but as saying goes form is temporary class is permanent.

Funny one today they put so much into pressing us in first half and we couldn't get midfield on the ball, 2nd half bannan looked knackered in the heat, just as their players started to wilt.  Byers and bakinson made huge impacts but did come on against a Charlton side who had ran these into the ground for 60 mins.  

Like few others will still be building up match fitness/sharpness.