Elephant in the room is ..........

Barry's 32 hes going to start slowing down, 3 games into the season is a little bit early to write him off though. 

I would think that by next season we would be making more tactical use of him rather than first name on the teamsheet. 

• Like 1

This experiment Moore started towards the end of last season of pushing Bannan closer to the front two clearly hasn’t worked. Get him back playing deeper and we’ll see him back to his best. There was a glimpse of it today when he dropped back for 5 minutes and we kept the ball for the entirety of it. 

Edited by NeonLeon

He’s our captain and best player but he’s not started the season well, this and the fact we’ve got an abundance talent in midfield means he’s not undroppable  . I’d probably leave him out Tuesday then let him tear Bolton apart . Or Maybe married life doesn’t suit him 

35 minutes ago, Baytan Blue said:

Bazza.

Love the guy but it might be time for him to play more of a supporting role in my opinion,help bring the other young talent along,I thought him and Hunty struggled today,credit to Palmer and Windass,ran there goolies off.

I think we will have enough to go up though.Not playing well but winning is something we've not seen for a long long time .

Careful. Might get a ban for this. 

• Like 1

hampered by the players around him in my opinion..

I mean what on earth was that starting 11 about?

Gregory makes runs up front. Patto just sorta went clattering into people

There was only windass making anything like decent runs first half

Bannan needs options..sure it wasn't his best game.

First half the distribution from the back was abject...time after time it was chipped out wide to Johnson, at above waist height, with a man closing him down, cue a bloody punt to nowhere

Stockdale couldn't go long cos Patto couldn't win a header

When gregory came on..You could put it long, cos he can control the bloody thing on his chest, bring it down and play it it off..to a midfielder

I'm not particularly defending Bannan, the whole midfield suffered from it first half

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DaveClark said:

Noted this to my lad today.

Then I noted something else - we were better after the change in formation second half, much better - suddenly the midfield had co-hesion.

I agree Bannan is starting slow this season, but I think if I cast my mind back he always does?  But we definitely looked better when we changed it at the back today - an awful lot better.

He needs help can't do everything himself in midfield

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

hampered by the players around him in my opinion..

I mean what on earth was that starting 11 about?

Gregory makes runs up front. Patto just sorta went clattering into people

There was only windass making anything like decent runs first half

Bannan needs options..sure it wasn't his best game.

First half the distribution from the back was abject...time after time it was chipped out wide to Johnson, at above waist height, with a man closing him down, cue a bloody punt to nowhere

Stockdale couldn't go long cos Patto couldn't win a header

When gregory came on..You could put it long, cos he can control the bloody thing on his chest, bring it down and play it it off..to a midfielder

I'm not particularly defending Bannan, the whole midfield suffered from it first half

Better without bannan though weren't we ?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Too soon to write him off, he has carried us on many occasions and he is one of the best players in this league.

However its good to have people challenging for his place in the starting 11.  no one is undroppable and i cant remember when we had such competition for places... especially with all the injuries this past few years.

amazing to think that Hunt is 7th choice (he would probably get in a good few league 1 midfields)

for me, right now on form i would like to see a 3 of Byers, FDB and Denis the Menace. but you could make a case for any of the others apart from Vaulks maybe 

I'm not saying drop him completely ,but Bazza is not Mr.SWFC, he has served us fairly well,he is not the best player in the division though,lots of players can do defence splitting passes,tackle,head and shoot,can't knock his loyalty and enthusiasm , but time catches up  with us all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

Barry's 32 hes going to start slowing down, 3 games into the season is a little bit early to write him off though. 

I would think that by next season we would be making more tactical use of him rather than first name on the teamsheet. 

I reckon he will still be playing good quality at 37, some players are just like that.

Doesn't mean he doesn't need to change his game to what is happening around him at Hillsborough, he has different type of players playing along side him and he needs to adapt slightly.

1 minute ago, Baytan Blue said:

I'm not saying drop him completely ,but Bazza is not Mr.SWFC, he has served us fairly well,he is not the best player in the division though,lots of players can do defence splitting passes,tackle,head and shoot,can't knock his loyalty and enthusiasm , but time catches up  with us all.

Wow. Do you want a Lifetime ban?

Denis fizz and bash are the way forward