Striker Issues

2 hours ago, Bannofan said:

We don't need another striker, no point having a squad if we go shopping just because one is out for a few months. 

Windass, Sow and Patterson can fill in if Gregory and Smith are unavailable. That's how football works, in my opinion.

While I agree ,none of them are what you call an out and out no 9. 

Due to our injury record Patterson will probably be needed elsewhere soon enough . Sow I's a natural winger and not sure DM rates him to highly 

Windass I really rate ,but his injury record here is a worry.

If I was Moore I'd maybe look into a short term loan in ,a six month one like we were doing with Brennan and Hunt the other way. Either that or were going to have to give some of the young lads a chance .

1 hour ago, mr owl said:

Just rumours circulating. Heard anywhere between 6 weeks an 3 months. Fingers crossed he's back sooner than later though!

I was speaking to a Rotherham player last night who lives on our estate

He asked if I went to matches, told him I was a season ticket holder and I went to MK

We spoke about the game, I said we struggled a bit without Gregory and Smith

He just said Smith won't be out long, he said he's never usually injured

He also said he had a toe complaint towards the end of last season that required injections, but other than that he's a fit lad

I think he will be out weeks rather than months

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

5 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I was speaking to a Rotherham player last night who lives on our estate

He asked if I went to matches, told him I was a season ticket holder and I went to MK

We spoke about the game, I said we struggled a bit without Gregory and Smith

He just said Smith won't be out long, he said he's never usually injured

He also said he had a toe complaint towards the end of last season that required injections, but other than that he's a fit lad

I think he will be out weeks rather than months

Depends. Is he a toe poker?

5 hours ago, RighthOwlon said:

Great scoring record, but German strikers just don’t seem to live up to expectations when they move to English football..  

Yes Klinsmann and Rosler were useless.

The best German signing we could have made was Collin Quaner before he signed for Huddersfield and roasted Pudil to set up their equaliser in the play off semi    lol

7 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

Windass, Paterson and Sow have plenty of goals in them to cover, proper footballers/strikers or not.

Windass will miss more than he plays due to injury. Patterson is not good enough. Neither is Sow (who’s leaving anyway).

I do, however, agree that striker is not the first priority. That’s a centre half.

Just now, Ever the pessimist said:

Windass will miss more than he plays due to injury. Patterson is not good enough. Neither is Sow (who’s leaving anyway).

I do, however, agree that striker is not the first priority. That’s a centre half.

It makes me laugh though.

We're searching high and low for a quick forward who can turn a defence and leave Sow on the bench.

I'd love to know what Sow said to DM last year to make him hate him this much.