Striker Issues

Need to bring in a new striker and should look no further than Simon Terodde at schalke.

Unbelievable goalscoring record in bundesliga 2 and will be surplus to requirements this season at schalke. Someone give big daz a nudge in his direction.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mr owl said:

Need to bring in a new striker and should look no further than Simon Terodde at schalke.

Unbelievable goalscoring record in bundesliga 2 and will be surplus to requirements this season at schalke. Someone give big daz a nudge in his direction.

That fella off Masterchef?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

19 minutes ago, mr owl said:

Is there a fee involved 

9 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Is there a fee involved 

In last year of his contract and can't see him commanding too much of a fee.

Think the below speaks for itself. (Goals in brackets)

2014–2016VfL Bochum 66(41)

2016–2017VfB Stuttgart 47(27)

2018–20201. FC Köln 71(37)

2020–2021Hamburger SV 33(24)

2021–Schalke 04 30(30)

We're turning into the league one equivalent of CL team fans.

"We have 5 strikers who all played at a higher level and scored 45 goals last season, but we still need a couple of 20+ goal a season players from a higher league for the bench just in case."

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Tewkesbury said:

We're turning into the league one equivalent of CL team fans.

"We have 5 strikers who all played at a higher level and scored 45 goals last season, but we still need a couple of 20+ goal a season players from a higher league for the bench just in case."

If smith is out long term as expected we've got 2 out and out strikers because paterson never has or never will be a striker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I don’t count Windass as an out and out striker either. Leaving just Gregory.

Does anyone else find it ridiculous that we have the 8th top scorer as backup for the 7th top scorer (even considering that 4 of the ones above them are playing in a higher league this season) and people still think we don't have enough?

Windass, Paterson and Sow have plenty of goals in them to cover, proper footballers/strikers or not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Quite surprised we didn't offer Berahino anything to be fair, i know hindsight is a wonderful thing and we didn't know Gregory would get sent off and we didn't know Smith would pull up in pre season, but he's a low risk, and i'm assuming low financial lay out? I know he was more cold than hot last season but times like this he's ideal to have on the bench for something different in the last 20 minutes. 

20 minutes ago, mr owl said:

In last year of his contract and can't see him commanding too much of a fee.

Think the below speaks for itself. (Goals in brackets)

2014–2016VfL Bochum 66(41)

2016–2017VfB Stuttgart 47(27)

2018–20201. FC Köln 71(37)

2020–2021Hamburger SV 33(24)

2021–Schalke 04 30(30)

Based on those stats, I don't think he fits our profile with his injury record... Far too available.

• Haha 2