Championship 2022/2023

SiJ

5 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

That's their speciality it seems. I swear they once lost and went up a place cos the team above em lost by more. They seem to stand still when they lose and go up when they win. We seem to stand still when we win and go down when  we lose. I'm assuming it's all down to confirmation bias and all that but it's annoying. 

My son told me that they'd lost just after full time in our game and honestly neither of us cared. I guarantee a pig last night will have said 'at least Wednesday lost as well'. Absolutely nailed on. 

At the minute I just don't want them pulling clear and running away, which it has looked like they might. Norwich are level and Burnley aren't a million miles behind despite both taking a while to click into gear - I think those are two teams they might find it hard to get back infront of if they let them in.

Lets face it as well, QPR at home on a Tuesday night they'll all have had down as an absolute banker. Might just pump the brakes a bit if they don't win at Stoke on Saturday.

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Bruce to be sacked if they lose tonight surely. 1 win in 12. Wonder if they will go for Wilder who I believe they wanted before Bruce if he is sacked. 

We won’t - the absolute chancer of an owner raised his head out the gutter and vetoed the appointment. 

He then pinched £5m out the club on a paltry interest rate to prop up his failing business in China before weeing back off to the gutter.

On 05/10/2022 at 07:27, latemodelchild said:

That's their speciality it seems. I swear they once lost and went up a place cos the team above em lost by more. They seem to stand still when they lose and go up when they win. We seem to stand still when we win and go down when  we lose. I'm assuming it's all down to confirmation bias and all that but it's annoying. 

My son told me that they'd lost just after full time in our game and honestly neither of us cared. I guarantee a pig last night will have said 'at least Wednesday lost as well'. Absolutely nailed on. 

It's astonishing isn't it.  1 point from 2 home games and stay top. Watford lost at home, Burnley drew, both failing to take advantage.   

I don't get why managers like Bruce just don't call it a day. He's a multi millionaire with all the payoffs he's received over the years. He was hounded out at Newcastle and on the receiving end of vile abuse. At this stage of his life you'd think he'd want to be sunning himself on a beach instead of the stresses of football management 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

I don't get why managers like Bruce just don't call it a day. He's a multi millionaire with all the payoffs he's received over the years. He was hounded out at Newcastle and on the receiving end of vile abuse. At this stage of his life you'd think he'd want to be sunning himself on a beach instead of the stresses of football management 

Or abroad watching cricket 🏏😂