Women's Euro 2022

1 hour ago, the monk said:

I used to play 5 a side at their training ground , obviously badges on the outside but you go in its badges on every door handle ,you walk in to the main space and its BLADES splattered on the walls and even more badges. 

Same as the ground, Blade this Blade that , and all the silly slogans strapped to the outside 

Forged in steel 

Sheffield is red and white 

Desperate to be somebody 

Don't know if it's still there but when they copied our kids area with face painting xboxes etc, the area they'd designated it with they put a quote on the wall from Chris Wilder himself exclaiming "This is a proper, proper football club" WTF:

Edited by swfcAH
  • Haha 2

Although the tournament as a whole has been refreshingly free of it in the main, there have been a few moments of shithousery in this one, from a laughable dive in the box, pretending the slightest touch in the face was like a Mike Tyson haymaker and even a brief confrontation between two players. Sadly, it feels like this kind of cynicism will only increase.

Proper old fashioned centre forward's header has given Germany the lead late on.

Edited by DJMortimer
  • Like 1

Hopefully this will be on the tele here, best of luck ladies

Thoughts are with The Guardian newspaper that France didn't make the final, given their daily mail headline that ruined what was actually a well written piece. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Penalties anybody? 😱

I've seen enough of Germany to think we can beat them. I was far more scared of France with their pace, power and dynamic wingplay... ok, Popp is a bit of a handful but I think we've got enough to handle her, the rest of the German team are solid... but Sweden were a 'solid' team too and we did for them...