Women's Euro 2022

15 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I'm really impressed by how comfortable England are on the ball. 

Really do knock it around well. 

Didn't they just. Could see how much they all wanted and trusted each other with the ball.

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

I have to admit after the first 15 minutes I thought we were going to get turned over but goals change games and that really was the case tonight.

Well played England.

Said at start it felt like the Spain QF. We start nervy and on the backfoot but if we keep it level we grow into the games and dominate and in front of goal we score all sorts of goals. 

• Like 1

I’ve had my doubts about the standard of women’s football, and plenty more will be eating humble pie…. 

I can’t believe some of the poo I’ve watched play for Wednesday - and 3 or 4 of the England women tonight would’ve been ultimately better. 

3 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

I’ve had my doubts about the standard of women’s football, and plenty more will be eating humble pie…. 

I can’t believe some of the poo I’ve watched play for Wednesday - and 3 or 4 of the England women tonight would’ve been ultimately better. 

Credit to you mate, a lot of us have been on that journey at some point in time. Plenty just cant bring themselves to do it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

I don’t think we can compare or indeed need to compare the women’s game with the men’s game.

Just enjoy it for what it is.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

I don’t think we can compare or indeed need to compare the women’s game with the men’s game.

Just enjoy it for what it is.

Agreed. 

I don't think it helps the women's game with these comparisons. 

As you say, appreciate it for what it is. 

Very rarely, if ever, do you hear say Tennis pundits, fans etc., comparing the men's and women's games. 

• Like 1

Just now, nbupperthongowl said:

Have we just seen the greatest ever game at Bramall lane?

I reckon "it's absolutely world class from Marcus Tudgay" or that time Wigan relegated them probably tops it but still. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Agreed, although Messi is clearly better.lol

I hear Ronnie was at Middlewood today seeing if we'd sign him up. 

Fancies winning the Pappa Johns. 

• Haha 1

Thought England controlled the game really well and ground the opposites down into submission by the end. Very impressed with their energy levels too, Hemp in particular was still covering every blade of grass even at 4-0 up. 

That backheel nutmeg though… absolute filth. I don’t think any keeper in the world can come back from that