Morning run at Glasto

55 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I mean Noel played 5 or 6 Oasis songs and the 100,00+ people were there singing every single word back to him.

So, yeah, must be doing something right still. 

To be fair lol.. I watched the first 20 mins and it was all dire.. turned over for half an hour and back again, and it was still dire then just heard Don’t look back in anger at the end so assumed that was the only oasis song he played.

Either way the point still stands that he shouldn’t bother with any of the new stuff because it’s truly awful and not a single person likes it. He might as well read the room and just do Oasis

57 minutes ago, UpGrahamHydesSleeve said:

Yeah the 6 or so Oasis songs in a 12 song set. But hey don’t let facts get in the way 😂 

This thread is both hilarious and bizarre in equal measure. Fully expect those criticising to have been furiously masturbating during the Jubilee weekend.

Why would someone rub on a 4 day bank holiday? Am I missing something?

5 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

To be fair lol.. I watched the first 20 mins and it was all dire.. turned over for half an hour and back again, and it was still dire then just heard Don’t look back in anger at the end so assumed that was the only oasis song he played.

Either way the point still stands that he shouldn’t bother with any of the new stuff because it’s truly awful and not a single person likes it. He might as well read the room and just do Oasis

Don’t think he cares. He even said half way through his set ‘I know no one is arsed about my new music, but I’m gonna play it anyway because I want too.’

Which is fair enough. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, shandypants said:

"Gammon" is a term for a self-righteous gobsh1te that thinks he can say anything and has a right to do so. These things can be racist, sexist or offensive in someway. A Gammon is very easily offended. The thing is, a Gammon thinks he's justified in categorising and labelling people - it's his divine right to do so.  A Gammon will declare someone a "Snowflake" if they have an opinion that differs to theirs.  

"Snowflake" is a term for a self-righteous gobsh1te that thinks s/he is special and unique. Even the most mildest of comments made towards them can be deemed as racist, sexist or offensive in someway. A Snowflake is very easily offended. The thing is, a Snowflake thinks s/he's justified in categorising and labelling people - it's their divine right to do so.  A Snowflake will declare someone a "Gammon" if they have an opinion that differs to theirs. 

Both Gammons and Snowflakes are fvvcking idiots.  

Can you provide the overview of Fvvcking idiots lol

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

Wouldn't that just be Oasis?

In which case they'd book....

Wait for it....

OASIS

lol

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

You've gone all Uberfan this week mate - it's not a good look
Chill out with the attacks on our fans 
Ta

Attacks ?

Aah. It all makes sense. 

I apologise for my words. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. 

The different opinions I have are so hurtful 

MaCartney was immense. At 80..:and singing and performing like that ...taking the whole audience along with him by his ability and quality not through sympathy. I was expecting to turn off disappointed after 20 mins ... then watched the whole set. No backing tracks just a superb band, awesome guests and a brilliant set list. Exceptional and superb. Well done Macca. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Freshfish said:

MaCartney was immense. At 80..:and singing and performing like that ...taking the whole audience along with him by his ability and quality not through sympathy. I was expecting to turn off disappointed after 20 mins ... then watched the whole set. No backing tracks just a superb band, awesome guests and a brilliant set list. Exceptional and superb. Well done Macca. 

Well said my old mate

22 hours ago, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

basically and hour of absolute tripe, monotone songs with no beat and repetitive lyrics where the only people enjoying it were on MDMA. Followed by 1 song of Oasis to try and redeem it.

You're literally describing a festival.

On 26/06/2022 at 12:17, Kevin Pressmans Pen said:

One of the more dull sets this year IMO.

He played a bunch of the less popular High Flying Birds songs followed by a selection of some of Oasis's more dreary dirges. As others have noted, he was at least open about his intentions. (Didn't he actually bait the crowd at one point?). Generally you expect the performers to play a crowd pleasing set at Glasto, so it was a bit of a disappointment IMO.

As to the jogger, he was presumably at Glasto to enjoy himself. So if his idea of fun includes a morning run, then good for him. And if he was doing it in a Wednesday shirt then even better.👍

• Like 1

Guardian.

Four songs into an underpowered Pyramid set, Noel Gallagher comes clean. “I’m going to play a few more tunes that you don’t give a poo about. They’re for me. But if you stick around, after that there’s going to be a lot of very happy people in bucket hats.”

• Haha 1