Jordan Rhodes tears

1 minute ago, Quickly Kevin said:

I've no idea on whether he's nice or not but as a fan I was disapointed with his time here.

But the level of anger in this thread is a bit weird. He has moved on and so have we. 

Exactly.

Just pulled up behind his new van at the traffic lights.

Good to see he's moved on.

2064562028_IMG-20220530-WA00012.jpg.f0d4d2696b6540eb08a5d8d6c39ea9cc.jpg

Customer reviews suggest he achieves a decent finish but may not be the most reliable.

• Haha 2

Guest DoesJackHunt
24 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes but those people are also being stupid

Really, you don’t think there’s could be deemed anything at all suspicious about it. 
He took and scored a penalty for Huddersfield in their playoff final,

Huddersfield who he is fourth top scorer for historically.

The place he says “feels like home”

Then he refuses to take a penalty against Huddersfield because he has no confidence to take one in the play off semi, 

despite taking loads of penalty’s in his career and being regarded as a “finisher”.

He then continues to take penalties, moves back to Huddersfield (“comes home”) and takes one against us in a shoot out!

but you think I’m being completely silly.

Look you guys are probably right, he probably did just decided he was nervous, told Carlos he didn’t want to take one and he’s a top bloke.

But …..you can surely see that it looks a bit strange given some of those factors, can’t you?  

Can you not see why some are saying hang on a minute, I’m not sure this makes sense?
I think there’s enough to have a view that Jordan, might… just might, have had our  pants down….. no ?

I’m guessing not many of us have spent a lot of time with Jordan, so judgements on his character be it good, or bad are difficult to make. However, the above points did happen and it doesn’t look great on him in my honest opinion. 

Guest DoesJackHunt
5 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Exactly.

Just pulled up behind his new van at the traffic lights.

Good to see he's moved on.

2064562028_IMG-20220530-WA00012.jpg.f0d4d2696b6540eb08a5d8d6c39ea9cc.jpg

Customer reviews suggest he achieves a decent finish but may not be the most reliable.

Won’t do ceiling’s if he doesn’t fancy it that day. Although, historically has plastered a lot of ceilings 

4 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Really, you don’t think there’s could be deemed anything at all suspicious about it. 
He took and scored a penalty for Huddersfield in their playoff final, (He wasn't in their named five takers)

Huddersfield who he is fourth top scorer for historically.

The place he says “feels like home” (Any player would say that in a club interview if they've returned to a club, wouldn't they?)

Then he refuses to take a penalty (he most likely didn't refuse, and if the shoot-out had continued he couldn't have refused)

He then continues to take penalties, moves back to Huddersfield (“comes home”) and takes one against us in a shoot out (in a far less meaningful game, and at a time when he may have just been feeling a lot more confident - like he did with us when he did take further regular match penalties for us. Confidence is a funny thing: it changes over time)

Can you not see why some are saying hang on a minute, I’m not sure this makes sense? (If you have the ability of rational thought, it makes total sense)
I think there’s enough to have a view that Jordan, might… just might, have had our  pants down….. no ? (very unlikely, given his well-known exemplary character)

However, the above points did happen (most of them only happened in the way you describe due to your own suspicion)

You were coming across at the end of our earlier debate as though you were fairly understanding and rational, once the actual facts had been laid out. Now you've gone back to your earlier "rHoDeS rUinEd wEdNeSdAy" irrationality.

What on earth did you have for lunch?

20 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Surely now means we are biggest underachiever for a club with over 20,000 gates? Forest had been out the PL longer than us. Can’t think of anyone else who rivals us for time in the wilderness.

Jordan always quotes forest and us for this

Guest DoesJackHunt
2 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

You were coming across at the end of our earlier debate as though you were fairly understanding and rational, once the actual facts had been laid out. Now you've gone back to your earlier "rHoDeS rUinEd wEdNeSdAy" irrationality.

What on earth did you have for lunch?

No but he still did take one. 
I never said Rhodes ruined Wednesday, I just think he MIGHT not have taken a penalty at in the shoot out because it was against Huddersfield, which I don’t think is acceptable as we were paying him a lot of money every week.

Look it’s fine, you and Neil win.

Jordan Rhodes, Wednesday legend ! 

3 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

I just think he MIGHT not have taken a penalty at in the shoot out because it was against Huddersfield,

If he was the kind if player that had come across in any other way as being unprofessional, I'd think you might have a case, but he never has done.

And if playing against Huddersfield was such a massive problem for him then he must've been devastated with the *checks the stats* six goals he's managed against them since he left the first time. Perhaps it was that hat-trick he scored against them for Blackburn that knocked his confidence...

Guest DoesJackHunt
Just now, punkskaphil said:

If he was the kind if player that had come across in any other way as being unprofessional, I'd think you might have a case, but he never has done.

And if playing against Huddersfield was such a massive problem for him then he must've been devastated with the *checks the stats* six goals he's managed against them since he left the first time. Perhaps it was that hat-trick he scored against them for Blackburn that knocked his confidence...

Fair enough 

enjoyed this debate x 

20 hours ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Not liked him since he opted to not take a penalty against his beloved Huddersfield. 

I lost all respect for him after that.

Should have been shipped out the next day.

He had no such qualms in taking a penalty v us .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't know what people's motivations are, to be honest.

As I've said, I just think the penalty incident has been blown out of proportion and there are many other reasons to criticised his performances in a Wednesday shirt which I'd give precedence above that.

Contradicting yourself mate,either JR time here is worthy of discussion, ,or it ISNT.....your now indicating it IS but just not the penalty issue..

5 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

Not sure exactly what you are suggesting here.

Seems like you are saying fans should boycott games if the team isn't doing well. Am I reading that right? 

Some have already done that,and not renewed their season ticket,i did similar,though relented towards the end of last seson,and picked my games..Was some lenthy threads from people,many season ticket holders for decades not renewing.& NO my post is an observation,(not a cry to arms!)people are entitled to spend their money as they see fit..............

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

I lost all respect for him after that.

Should have been shipped out the next day.

He had no such qualms in taking a penalty v us .

His job, his ONLY job was to try and score goals for us, he had/has a superb history of scoring goals. We were paying him more in ONE week than many people earn in a year working 40 hours a week.

He had a chance to kick a static ball 12 yards to beat a man who had to stay still, and become a local hero and play at Wembley.  And he refused, so unprofessional it's untrue .

Absolutely disgraceful.

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Gbear1867 said:

He scored 9 in 11 starts for Norwich and if it wasn't for their fundamental aversion to paying  for players (or Chansiri's over the top valuation, depending on what you believe) he would have signed for them. I doubt he featured regularly for Huddersfield this season based purely on just nostalgia..

JR was only started 11 times by Farke,and played 40 FORTY games scoring 9 goals.......not quite the prolific player you make out... ,he wasnt a regular 'starter' AT ALL.. ..

7 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I don't dislike him but think to many he symbolises all there mistakes we made in the transfer market and new contracts that lead to embargo's, selling the stadium, points deduction.

Big money transfer, big name with an impressive CV, someone for years we would never hope to attract and was a big flop and seemed to just being going through the motions.

Rhodes not taking a pen in a vital penalty shoot out does stick in everyones mind more than anything else that happened that season. 

And his current value is....£600,000.....

5 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

What a stupid thread I’m reading, let me join this stupid thread and let everyone on this stupid thread know what a stupid thread it is

image.gif.72f2ef7af80d40dfc9dd6e2df0e4adb0.gif

You stupid boy.....LOL (Dads Army).

I’m always delighted to see a Jordan Rhodes thread. It gives everyone a chance to vent their anger and then move on with their lives having unburdened themselves of a load of negative energy. 

Im sure if Jordan himself read it he’d be deeply upset. Luckily for him he’s so rich he can probably wipe his tears and blow his nose with £50 notes…