Jordan Rhodes tears

Guest DoesJackHunt
17 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I have been as critical of Jordan Rhodes as anyone with not taking a penalty in he play off shoot out.

But I really dont believe it had anything to do with it being against Huddersfield 'His Club'.

Based on what though? 

31 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Might've been difficult, seeing as he was technically still only on loan with us at the time and then only signed permanently afterwards...

Should have got sent back than and saved us all the grief we had afterwards not to mention how many millions

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Not that I recall, no. From what I remember, he said he was disappointed with Forestieri.

If he wanted to protect Rhodes, he could have just said that he wasn't one of the five planned penalty takers, or that he chose who was going to take them 

The fact that he didn't, suggests that what he said was fairly open and honest to me.

I'm not sure why we're still discussing this five years after the event, to be honest? 

Nothing anyone's said has changed my opinion that for all Rhodes' faults during his time here, letting his manager know that he wasn't feeling confident about taking a penalty was the right thing to do in the circumstances.

We can keep going round and round in circles, but I really don't see the point.

We (including you) are still talking about it because a thread was started and we are interested enough to want to post A number of poor decisions,transfers, and poor player displays have left us in Div3 it’s perfectly normal to discuss it

• Like 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If that's how you view it, then yeah, cling on to your annoyance for as long as you like.

As I've said, I didn't view it that way at the time, and nor do I now. 

For whatever reason, he wasn't feeling confident. Rather than keep quiet about that, he let his manager know, so that five more confident players could go ahead of him.

I don't have a problem with that; it was in the best interests of the team.

There were all sorts of issues around Rhodes' performances during his time here which might be criticised, and we could spend all day going into the whys and wherefores behind his lack of confidence, but that decision in that moment was fair enough as far as I'm concerned.

You seem to think that people are just being vindictive. But our current situation is also down to players like Rhodes and Reach. Not giving a sod about our descent down the league to LAST place. That tends to stick in the throat a bit.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, parajack said:

I know,and it IS part of the problem............so many fans happy not only to tolerate it,but to happily keep on shelling out their hard earned money,Year in,Year out....

Even heard someone(i wont name him) on Radio Sheffield  defend the player who 'high fived' another after our opposition scored....

No wonder TP wanted out....

Not just a matter of a difference of opinion, the happy clapping at times is ridiculous  

Not sure exactly what you are suggesting here.

Seems like you are saying fans should boycott games if the team isn't doing well. Am I reading that right? 

Guest DoesJackHunt
2 minutes ago, Swfcsi said:

More bothered about Wednesday if I'm honest ,worrying about what Jordan Rhodes is doing is like what I do with my ex's did do did I mean lol

Jordan Rhodes did your ex!? 
Has this guy got no morals at all !?  

Guest DoesJackHunt
6 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Thanks for the Google link. Can you point me to the one(s) where he says Huddersfield is "his club" over anyone else? I don't really want to have to go through all the interviews if possible.

Well nether do I to be honest but he does talk about Huddersfield being his football  “home” in that link. 
you asked for evidence and that’s the best I can be arsed to do. 
sorry if it’s not met you required standard.

I’ll phone his agent; see if I can get an interview. 

Guest DoesJackHunt
13 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Thanks for the Google link. Can you point me to the one(s) where he says Huddersfield is "his club" over anyone else? I don't really want to have to go through all the interviews if possible.

Well nether do I to be honest but he does talk about Huddersfield being his football  “home” in that link. 
you asked for evidence and that’s the best I can be arsed to do. 
sorry if it’s not met your required standard.

I’ll phone his agent; see if I can get an interview. 

Guest DoesJackHunt
17 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

On 11/02/2018 at 21:01, McRightSide said:

Jordan ran after him but was overtaken by his Dad who was able to grab the burglar. Police have detained a 75 year old man on suspicion of burglary, breaking and entering and showing a good turn of pace

⬆️ Still an Owlstalk classic ⬆️ ..

lol

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Thanks. Definitely says he feels it's like "coming home" - which I imagine it probably does feel like given the time he had there the first time - but I think is a bit different to suggesting it's "his club" and he therefore wouldn't put effort in against them, to the detriment of his current employers. Also, all his goals against Huddersfield for other teams (including a hat-trick for Blackburn) would also probably kill that idea off.

46 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

You seem to think that people are just being vindictive. But our current situation is also down to players like Rhodes and Reach. Not giving a sod about our descent down the league to LAST place. That tends to stick in the throat a bit.

Reach’s goals and performance were pretty much the reason we weren’t in relegation trouble the season we had Jos in charge. 

Guest DoesJackHunt
1 minute ago, punkskaphil said:

Thanks. Definitely says he feels it's like "coming home" - which I imagine it probably does feel like given the time he had there the first time - but I think is a bit different to suggesting it's "his club" and he therefore wouldn't put effort in against them, to the detriment of his current employers. Also, all his goals against Huddersfield for other teams (including a hat-trick for Blackburn) would also probably kill that idea off.

Ok, we’ll that’s the best I can do and I guess everyone can decide to either give him the Benefit of the doubt or give him pelters 

1 minute ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Ok, we’ll that’s the best I can do and I guess everyone can decide to either give him the Benefit of the doubt or give him pelters 

Clearly.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, given the kind of player he is and has been, and given what I've observed of him during his career, including his time with us. Some fans will look to that one moment in the Play-offs, leap to totally unfounded conclusions, and then stay angry about it for years and years to come. Can't really do anything about that, I suppose.