Jordan Rhodes tears

I'm not really interested in Rhodes or Lees, but I'm glad 'Udders lost.

They have often gleefully claimed on their site that they're the ones responsible for our demise.

They had the luck of the devil when Hoops got injured, "the great leveller" as dismal Dom Howson called it.

Talking of the Doomster, I feel sorry for his wife tonight.

Ye Gods, she'll have to cover the milk up.

lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I honestly don't see the big issue.

For whatever reason, Rhodes wasn't feeling confident in that moment and rather than offering to take a penalty, he let his manager know so that more confident players could take them.

I'd rather have a striker who was confident enough to step up in a penalty shootout of course, but he can't change the way he felt in that moment.

Given that fact, I'd much rather he tell the truth in the best interests of the team.

Clearly you disagree, which is fair enough. There seems little point in going round in circles over something which happened half a decade ago, though.

So stop going round in circles defending the indefensible then !

He was brought to the club on a massive transfer fee on ridiculously massive wages to put the ball In the back of the oppositions goal ...

and at the "vinegar stroke" in the season finale decided at the very last minute  "he wasn't up for it"..

As I said regarding your previous post had he been sincere and professional regarding the Huddersfield playoff he'd have scratched from the team and allowed another player to influence the outcome rather than let it go right to the penalty taking  decision ...

Totally tinpot on Rhodes part 

unprofessional and also borderline immoral ...

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

So stop going round in circles defending the indefensible then !

He was brought to the club on a massive transfer fee on ridiculously massive wages to put the ball In the back of the oppositions goal ...

and at the "vinegar stroke" in the season finale decided at the very last minute  "he wasn't up for it"..

As I said regarding your previous post had he been sincere and professional regarding the Huddersfield playoff he'd have scratched from the team and allowed another player to influence the outcome rather than let it go right to the penalty taking  decision ...

Totally tinpot on Rhodes part 

unprofessional and also borderline immoral ...

It's just a difference of opinion, dude.

You characterise it as 'defending the indefensible'; from my point of view, he did the professional thing in the circumstances. 

No big deal.

🤷‍♂️

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You characterise it as 'defending the indefensible'; from my point of view, he did the professional thing in the circumstances. 

No big deal.

🤷‍♂️

It's no big deal !!

Are you real .....

It's 11 v 11 for the whole game 

Not when it facking suits to change sides ....

:tango:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Nero said:

Rhodes play off penalty shoot out record - 

Huddersfield 2015 - Scores

SWFC v Huddersfield  2018 - Refuses to take one

Huddersfield v SWFC League Cup - Scores 

Mugging you and me off mate

One of them was in a play-off semi... The other was in first round of League Cup.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

No big deal.

🤷‍♂️

When he refused to take one he should have been in breach of contract..and dismissed

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I honestly don't see the big issue.

For whatever reason, Rhodes wasn't feeling confident in that moment and rather than offering to take a penalty, he let his manager know so that more confident players could take them.

I'd rather have a striker who was confident enough to step up in a penalty shootout of course, but he can't change the way he felt in that moment.

Given that fact, I'd much rather he tell the truth in the best interests of the team.

Clearly you disagree, which is fair enough. There seems little point in going round in circles over something which happened half a decade ago, though.

What if the bloke that took his place taking a pen did not feel confident???

Rhodes was a complete Joke for us under many managers 

Thumbwavingwanker 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I haven’t read all this thread so it may have been commented on . There was one glorious opportunity for Rhodes to have a tap in yet with not long remaining he didn’t bust a gut to get in position.

All this crap the commentators say about he only needs half a chance. He missed quite a few for us. The reality is Rhodes is probably a decent league 1 player standard now. I thing he would struggle to get double figures in any championship side.

Edited by sexpistol
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Maybe he asked to not be in the named five takers in 2017 as he’d recently missed an important penalty in a league game, rather than simply “refusing to take one”.

Despite it being for the “club he loves”, he wasn’t in the named five for Huddersfield in the 2012 final either.

Just a thought.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Maybe he asked to not be in the named five takers in 2017 as he’d recently missed an important penalty in a league game, rather than simply “refusing to take one”.

Despite it being for the “club he loves”, he wasn’t in the named five for Huddersfield in the 2012 final either.

Just a thought.

If you're going to insist on sticking with your facts and rational response, I'm going to have to ask you to leave.

We're trying to hold a good old-fashioned Owlstalk bitchfest here.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

I'm not sure when we'll see the Champioship again, let alone the PL.

If we're still in this division 12 months hence it wouldn't surprise me one jot.

Heres my prediction before the Season starts.....we WILL be.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The coach said:

You grow up

JR wages.....MMmmmmm  how much of the fans money and EFL payments did he recieve,as well as the Chairmans?....given our demise is that something to try to place a positive 'spin' on?Abdi the same?Hooper? FF? and how many other players spent long spells 'injured'?

Being paid handsomely but unavailable?

• Like 1