Jordan Rhodes tears

5 hours ago, Gbear1867 said:

He scored 9 in 11 starts for Norwich and if it wasn't for their fundamental aversion to paying  for players (or Chansiri's over the top valuation, depending on what you believe) he would have signed for them. I doubt he featured regularly for Huddersfield this season based purely on just nostalgia..

Are you thinking we should have kept him?

And watched him chasing the ball around like a lost dog again?

It didn't work work for 4 years and it we had to cut our losses.

6 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

You're right, no pressure on it at all. A penalty shoot-out is a totally calm and simple scenario.

Many people myself included,para medics,etc etc have to deal with life & death situations often daily ,and depend on their training and experience to deliver....

Why should a football pro be any different?..Why shoud that be harder than CPR?...

These over paid prima donna's that call themselves footballers need to man up(or is it 'person' up in these WOKE times) and stop making out that taking penaltys or playing in a Final,is somehow a difficult thing to do...

If its your job(striker) and your nominated(NO not volunteer!!) you line up,and take it.....

Just hit the target,GK might fluff it,might dive the wrong way.....whatever  how hard can it be.....

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Many people myself included,para medics,etc etc have to deal with life & death situations often daily ,and depend on their training and experience to deliver....

Why should a football pro be any different?..Why shoud that be harder than CPR?...

These over paid prima donna's that call themselves footballers need to man up(or is it 'person' up in these WOKE times) and stop making out that taking penaltys or playing in a Final,is somehow a difficult thing to do...

If its your job(striker) and your nominated(NO not volunteer!!) you line up,and take it.....

Just hit the target,GK might fluff it,might dive the wrong way.....whatever  how hard can it be.....

Paramedics? Life and death? CPR? WOKE? Prima donnas?

What the hell are you going on about?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, punkskaphil said:

Paramedics? Life and death? CPR? WOKE? Prima donnas?

What the hell are you going on about?

You choosing to appear thick?  post is perfectly self explanatory...........

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Are you thinking we should have kept him?

And watched him chasing the ball around like a lost dog again?

It didn't work work for 4 years and it we had to cut our losses.

He scored 9 in 40 appearances for Norwich mate,was selected 11 times...the OP was in my view misleading(and mischievous)

3 minutes ago, parajack said:

You choosing to appear thick?  post is perfectly self explanatory...........

Given how your hatred and vitriol seems to have completely overtaken your ability to understand that a footballer can actually lose confidence and that, in relative terms, a penalty shoot-out is a high-pressure situation for a footballer, I don’t see how you can have the audacity to suggest anyone else is being thick.

But, to answer the bizarre point that (I think you were trying to make), let’s put it this way: if somebody is in need of life-saving emergency treatment and there are eleven trained professionals in attendance, if one of those professionals says that - for whatever reason - they don’t feel confident about performing the life-saving procedure themselves, would you then force them to do it and risk the patient’s life (and then slag them off for years)? Or do you accept their concerns as a professional and consider letting some of the other ten professionals go first?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, parajack said:

He scored 9 in 40 appearances for Norwich mate,was selected 11 times...the OP was in my view misleading(and mischievous)

I looked at his stats and couldn't work out what he was getting at..

You don't need stats to realise that it really didn't work out for him here, even when he was given about 10 runs in the team under 4 or 5 managers.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, punkskaphil said:

Given how your hatred and vitriol seems to have completely overtaken your ability to understand that a footballer can actually lose confidence and that, in relative terms, a penalty shoot-out is a high-pressure situation for a footballer, I don’t see how you can have the audacity to suggest anyone else is being thick.

But, to answer the bizarre point that (I think you were trying to make), let’s put it this way: if somebody is in need of life-saving emergency treatment and there are eleven trained professionals in attendance, if one of those professionals says that - for whatever reason - they don’t feel confident about performing the life-saving procedure themselves, would you then force them to do it and risk the patient’s life (and then slag them off for years)? Or do you accept their concerns as a professional and consider letting some of the other ten professionals go first?

NB: I meant to put the (and slag them off…) bit in the final sentence.

Just now, punkskaphil said:

So.....you WERE just appearing to be thick.....BUT COULDNT help yourself posting again...the REAL reason my post got up your nose....YOU DIDNT AGREE WITH IT.!...why not just say so?without the drama?..need to up your game if you want to match wits with me......another one who thinks honest opinion(that you disagree with) becomes ';hate & vitriol'....BIZARRE    

8 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

NB: I meant to put the (and slag them off…) bit in the final sentence.

Should proof read your posts mate,than you wouldnt have to correct yourself.....instead of prematurely ejeculating (your responce)

Just now, parajack said:

So.....you WERE just appearing to be thick.....BUT COULDNT help yourself posting again...the REAL reason my post got up your nose....YOU DIDNT AGREE WITH IT.!...why not just say so?without the drama?..need to up your game if you want to match wits with me......another one who thinks honest opinion(that you disagree with) becomes ';hate & vitriol'....BIZARRE    

Are you going to answer the question? Would you force somebody to perform a medical procedure that they say they’re not confident about performing successfully, and risk a patient’s life?

And if you wouldn’t (and I really hope you wouldn’t), can you not understand how that applies to the Rhodes/shoot-out?

I replied because comparing paramedics with footballers is a dumb thing to do. I didn’t think anybody on this site would make such a bizarre comparison, nor pepper it with words like “WOKE”, like some kind of Nigel Farage parody.

You can’t say that a footballer doesn’t deal with pressure just because a paramedic does. It’s a completely different scenario, but in relative terms it’s still huge pressure.

I didn’t agree with what you said, because, in your scenario the stakes are even higher. 

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Should proof read your posts mate,than you wouldnt have to correct yourself.....instead of prematurely ejeculating (your responce)

Do you really want to go down the proofreading route? Really? You?

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

You don't need stats to realise that it really didn't work out for him here, even when he was given about 10 runs in the team under 4 or 5 managers.

Oh good God!

This is the Owlstalk equivalent of looking in the mirror and saying 'Candyman' five times...

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Oh good God!

This is the Owlstalk equivalent of looking in the mirror and saying 'Candyman' five times...

Honestly, I would agree with you.

But when your watching one player go through the motions for years, under different managers you begin to see a trend.  He vanished in a large percentage of games.  Owlstalk went over his performances with a fine toothed comb with posters posting theory after theory.    

Nobody wanted him to succeed more than me.

In his last season with us it was as clear as day that it was never going to work.  It was getting tiresome and it was clear as day we'd wasted the money.

Chill with the over dramatic posts.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This thread is mentalist

It’s quite extraordinary. I’m almost proud to be a part of it.

But it’s absolutely amazing to see how anger and the need to apportion blame can destroy the ability to rationalise. It’s a rare insight, and it’s interesting to actually see it in a non-transient form. I hope you keep all this archived.

3 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Honestly, I would agree with you.

But when your watching one player go through the motions for years, under different managers you begin to see a trend.  He vanished in a large percentage of games.  Owlstalk went over his performances with a fine toothed comb with posters posting theory after theory.    

Nobody wanted him to succeed more than me.

In his last season with us it was as clear as day that it was never going to work.  It was getting tiresome and it was clear as day we'd wasted the money.

Chill with the over dramatic posts.

'Over dramatic'? It was just a joke, dude.

I 100% agree with what you're saying, but please stop repeating it before the inevitable happens...

Candyman.gif.682d57cd806fa66c24a5a39342caa7a4.gif

2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

'Over dramatic'? It was just a joke, dude.

I 100% agree with what you're saying, but please stop repeating it before the inevitable happens...

Candyman.gif.682d57cd806fa66c24a5a39342caa7a4.gif

We have to say “Candyperson” now…

• Haha 1