Jordan Rhodes tears

6 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

It’s quite extraordinary. I’m almost proud to be a part of it.

But it’s absolutely amazing to see how anger and the need to apportion blame can destroy the ability to rationalise. It’s a rare insight, and it’s interesting to actually see it in a non-transient form. I hope you keep all this archived.

Footballs NEVER been rational.

It's about subjective opinion and emotions.

That's why very few people agree on here.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Do you really want to go down the proofreading route? Really? You?

Any time Dude yes ME,cos ime not the one re posting correcting myself,dont have to,though i assume you refer to my well documented inability to spell......& sometimes poor grammar....had it all my life though in the 21st Century you would expect  a little more understanding of dyslexia

1 hour ago, punkskaphil said:

Are you going to answer the question? Would you force somebody to perform a medical procedure that they say they’re not confident about performing successfully, and risk a patient’s life?

And if you wouldn’t (and I really hope you wouldn’t), can you not understand how that applies to the Rhodes/shoot-out?

I replied because comparing paramedics with footballers is a dumb thing to do. I didn’t think anybody on this site would make such a bizarre comparison, nor pepper it with words like “WOKE”, like some kind of Nigel Farage parody.

You can’t say that a footballer doesn’t deal with pressure just because a paramedic does. It’s a completely different scenario, but in relative terms it’s still huge pressure.

I didn’t agree with what you said, because, in your scenario the stakes are even higher. 

YAWN...........and you ask me what I AM ON ABOUT.....re read my post and look at the context......as you have missed the point in SPECTACULAR style........may as well have had YOU taking our spot kicks   

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

This thread is mentalist

Yeah your right,had a good few grins though.......as i sit 'raging away & spouting vitriol'........LOL never ceases to amaze me how angry people get at others views on a forum...

1 hour ago, punkskaphil said:

It’s quite extraordinary. I’m almost proud to be a part of it.

But it’s absolutely amazing to see how anger and the need to apportion blame can destroy the ability to rationalise. It’s a rare insight, and it’s interesting to actually see it in a non-transient form. I hope you keep all this archived.

I know what your thinking PUNK have i fired 6 shots or only 5?...... you have to ask yourself IS 'Do i feel lucky'?

WELL ? do you PUNK?.........DIRTY HARRY

Edited by parajack

11 minutes ago, parajack said:

Any time Dude yes ME,cos ime not the one re posting correcting myself,dont have to,though i assume you refer to my well documented inability to spell......& sometimes poor grammar....had it all my life though in the 21st Century you would expect  a little more understanding of dyslexia

If you have dyslexia, why are you making a point about me correcting myself for clarity? I never mentioned your own spelling or grammar until you had a go at mine.

You could’ve completely ignored it and answered the question I’d asked. Instead, you drew attention to it and are now pretending to be the victim.

And are you going to answer the question I asked regarding the theoretical emergency scenario? Do you understand the point I’m making yet, about how it’s better to let more confident people go first? Or are you going to keep deflecting?

6 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

If you have dyslexia, why are you making a point about me correcting myself for clarity? I never mentioned your own spelling or grammar until you had a go at mine.

You could’ve completely ignored it and answered the question I’d asked. Instead, you drew attention to it and are now pretending to be the victim.

And are you going to answer the question I asked regarding the theoretical emergency scenario? Do you understand the point I’m making yet, about how it’s better to let more confident people go first? Or are you going to keep deflecting?

BAD PARA! NAUGHTY PARA!.....My reply was Nothing to do with spelling or grammar,....your spam posting back that quick that you feel the need to offer a correction...PAUSE......TAKE a few deep breath's .........Get your MOJO back....lol  ,and NO ime not answering your theoretical Q because it has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with the point i made.....re read my post and pay attention to the context...

You clearly DO NOT understand the point i made....

5 hours ago, parajack said:

JR was only started 11 times by Farke,and played 40 FORTY games scoring 9 goals.......not quite the prolific player you make out... ,he wasnt a regular 'starter' AT ALL.. ..

Never said he was prolific. Literally never said or implied that. But you've just confirmed what I said - 11 starts/9 goals.

But Norwich DID want to sign him after their promotion and this season a team aiming for promotion to the premier league saw fit to play him. So if he's the busted flush that some on 'ere would have you believe, why do these managers keep playing him in these critical games?

4 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Are you thinking we should have kept him?

And watched him chasing the ball around like a lost dog again?

It didn't work work for 4 years and it we had to cut our losses.

Absolutely not - his time here was done, for whatever reason it just didn't work out for him here. 

All I'm trying to point out that he must have something to offer these teams, otherwise he would be either retired or playing his trade in the lower leagues.

17 minutes ago, Gbear1867 said:

Absolutely not - his time here was done, for whatever reason it just didn't work out for him here. 

All I'm trying to point out that he must have something to offer these teams, otherwise he would be either retired or playing his trade in the lower leagues.

Yea im still baffled by the whole situation.

23 minutes ago, Gbear1867 said:

Never said he was prolific. Literally never said or implied that. But you've just confirmed what I said - 11 starts/9 goals.

But Norwich DID want to sign him after their promotion and this season a team aiming for promotion to the premier league saw fit to play him. So if he's the busted flush that some on 'ere would have you believe, why do these managers keep playing him in these critical games?

Errrr I beg to differ........without the context of stating he played 40 games 29 as sub,some only for a few minutes game time,it changes the entire context of your post...

11 starts = 9 goals       looks an awful lot different to:

40 apprearances = 9 goals..

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Errrr I beg to differ........without the context of stating he played 40 games 29 as sub,some only for a few minutes game time,it changes the entire context of your post...

11 starts = 9 goals       looks an awful lot different to:

40 apprearances = 9 goals..

Beg all you like - that's your interpretation of the facts I put forward, not mine.

Edited by Gbear1867
  • Haha 1