Play off final. Terriers v trees

26 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

Pleased for Forest and Steve Cooper.

Decent football club.

They've been out of the Premiership for ages, so probably deserve  their chance. Big city club, with decent support.

Out of the two of them today, I think Forest have the better chance of staying in the top flight.

4 minutes ago, Hirstyslaces said:

They've been out of the Premiership for ages, so probably deserve  their chance. Big city club, with decent support.

Out of the two of them today, I think Forest have the better chance of staying in the top flight.

People saying theyll go straight back down and a us with 11 points 

the wont, when we went up we didnt plan for nothing, our main signing was Kenny Miller ffs, theyll soend wisely under Cooper and I think theyll stay up easily similar to Brentford 

😞 

2 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Tbf most of them probably had to choose between this and the challenge Cup final yesterday. Can imagine it would be a pricey weekend to attend both events. 

Imagine being from Huddersfield and attending both! And I expect quite a few did.

Guest Wonky Owl

Udders were robbed today and should've had 2 penalties. Saying that they've got no fans so no point in them winning anyway. Not really bothered abaht Forest getting back t' premiership tbh. End of the day they've done nowt outside of Clough years and there attendances are nowhere near big enough to suggest they are a MASSIVE club. Didn't you guys win 'most away fans outside premiership' this season btw? Need Wednesday back instead, only seems like yesterday we were battling it aht together in top division. Class. Back on topic i was shocked with all the empty seats in at the match today, even in the Forest end there wa spaces all ooer. I remember when your lot took 45k t' Wembley few year ago an all, don't think any other team has taken more than 50k so i think you still hold the record. Anyway i'm off nah so good luck for next season and i hope you smash that league. WAWAW as your class fans say.

From a Manchester City fan.

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Utterly utterly depressing supporting Wednesday. 

We’re miles away from the Premier League in 2022. 

22 years. And probably as far away as we’ve ever been. 

What a rubbish club to support.

lol

Post of the year nominee right there

Wednesday are like a child you naturally love, but they are really annoying.  And this annoying phase has lasted 22 years and counting

16 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Post of the year nominee right there

Wednesday are like a child you naturally love, but they are really annoying.  And this annoying phase has lasted 22 years and counting

25% of our lifetime (hopefully) outside the Premier League

F00kin nightmare

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Utterly utterly depressing supporting Wednesday. 

We’re miles away from the Premier League in 2022. 

22 years. And probably as far away as we’ve ever been. 

What a rubbish club to support.

lol

Leeds, Wolves, Leicester, Southampton , Norwich all been down to the third and have bounced back ( even them lot too). We just stagnate. Change managers, owners, players, makes no difference. Sounds childish but when is it our turn? When?

1 minute ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Leeds, Wolves, Leicester, Southampton , Norwich all been down to the third and have bounced back ( even them lot too). We just stagnate. Change managers, owners, players, makes no difference. Sounds childish but when is it our turn? When?

You either get owners who know what they’re doing or you luck out on a a manger who gets the club and the fans.

We haven’t had either I’m afraid. Mandaric the closest thing to proper football ownership, but he had absolutely nothing to invest. Chansiri was the opposite, plenty to invest at the start but no long term strategy or plan. 

Hence we are where we are. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

We’ve been managed appallingly off field for almost that entire period. Ultimately these things determine whether a club is successful or not. We just have to hope things improve. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

You either get owners who know what they’re doing or you luck out on a a manger who gets the club and the fans.

We haven’t had either I’m afraid. Mandaric the closest thing to proper football ownership, but he had absolutely nothing to invest. Chansiri was the opposite, plenty to invest at the start but no long term strategy or plan. 

Hence we are where we are. 

Spot on. 

Wilder at the pigs was a prime example. We have to hope Chansiri gets an appointment right or makes way for a better owner. Could be a few more years to wait before we have a moment like Forest today. 

6 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Spot on. 

Wilder at the pigs was a prime example. We have to hope Chansiri gets an appointment right or makes way for a better owner. Could be a few more years to wait before we have a moment like Forest today. 

Chansiri is going absolutely nowhere. So our only hope is that we stumble across a very good manager and the chairman let’s that manager do their thing.

Fairly positive signs under Moore last season. But still miles miles away from it. Watching Forest today just makes me angry at to what our chairman has done to the club. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

25% of our lifetime (hopefully) outside the Premier League

F00kin nightmare

It is a nightmare and I’m glad that you and some others are now thinking the same.

I have arguments with some of our fanbase all the time when we go away from home. As long as they have a flare, some nose and a few beers, they are happy. I want to be in the premier league and winning trophies. 

This is a big football club. I hope that we start acting like one ffs

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

I think I’m right in saying that Leicester, Saints and Norwich all went straight from league 1 to PL (I know Norwich have yoyo-ed since). Not to put too much pressure on Moore and the club but this seems to be the summer to get recruitment right.

Now we can spend some money again,  let’s wheel and deal (with Windass) and sign some players under 24 who have the potential to develop with us. Talk of players like Camara, Tucker and Tshimanga are encouraging. The worry would be if we sign too many Lapado’s, players in their 30’s who are on their way down or more likely to break down like Luongo.  Because you are also more likely to get some resale value from players under 24 too.