Man City Premier League Dominance

They'll pick up at least two or three imo.

Klopp staying means Liverpool should be still right at it, though a gradual rebuild is needed there over the next couple of seasons.

Chelsea? Who honestly knows. Expect them to be a very different club to what they've been under Roman. Will the owners be sufficiently ambitious, or will we see them operate in a similar fashion to most American owners?

1 minute ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Liverpool will keep pace with them. They’re getting their recruitment right and seem pretty relentless.

I think the Champs League on Saturday is big for Liverpool. 

Win that and a bit like 2019 I can see that really galvanising them in the league. The difference between them and City is miniscule and finishing the season on a massive high could really help them kick on. 

Suppose there are a few questions marks over Mane and Salah. Looks like Mane might be considering a move and Salah, though saying he will be staying, is out of contract in 12 months time. 

Much of how well City do over the next 5 years depends on how long Pep stays, and who replaces him when he leaves.

Klopp recently signed a new contract so Liverpool will always be challenging while ever he’s there. 

Chelsea are a hard one to call right now. Hard to see Arsenal and Man U seriously challenging in the next 5 years. Could Newcastle be up there? Who knows

They have just signed the best young striker in the world.

I think it's pretty ominous tbh.

Liverpool are getting older and could lose Mane and Salah.

Chelsea are the dangers to City over the next 5 years I think.

The thing is you seemingly now have to get over 90 points to have a chance of winning the PL. 

Liverpool have recently missed out on the title having amassed 97 points and 92 points. That's frankly insane. 

You can probably afford to lose three matches at most and draw a handful of games too. 

Realistically, the days of a "good point" are now largely gone in a PL title race. 

18 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The thing is you seemingly now have to get over 90 points to have a chance of winning the PL. 

Liverpool have recently missed out on the title having amassed 97 points and 92 points. That's frankly insane. 

You can probably afford to lose three matches at most and draw a handful of games too. 

Realistically, the days of a "good point" are now largely gone in a PL title race. 

I remember Man U and Arsenal winning the league in the 90s with 75-80 points. Even the Arsenal invincibles team ‘only’ got 90. 

This season, the gap between Liverpool in 2nd and Chelsea in 3rd was 18 points. The gap between Leicester in 8th and Burnley in 18th was 17 points.

Just now, beswetherick said:

I remember Man U and Arsenal winning the league in the 90s with 75-80 points. Even the Arsenal invincibles team ‘only’ got 90. 

This season, the gap between Liverpool in 2nd and Chelsea in 3rd was 18 points. The gap between Leicester in 8th and Burnley in 18th was 17 points.

It's an interesting debate on where the league is right now compared to where it was in the past. 

I think the current top two would be great teams in any era of the PL and they may well have raised the standards to heights that we've never seen before. But then I question whether the quality is all that in the lower reaches of the division, or is the gap now so big that the division isn't as competitive as it once was?

I look at say the Chelsea team of 05, the Invincibles and perhaps the Man U team from about 06 - 09 and I do think they would be all capable of winning the title in this day and age. These were all great teams with great players and fantastic managers. 

I mean players like Henry, Bergkamp, Viera, Scholes, Ashley Cole, Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez, Terry, Lampard etc., could likely all grace the current top two, particularly Liverpool seeing as Pep seems to have a very specific profile on what players he likes. 

• Like 1

Pretty sure I could say our kit is blue and white and Sally would find a way to disagree with it.

Anyway, I respectfully suggest that sweeping statements such as the current City/Liverpool teams would "wipe the floor" with the great Arsenal, Man U teams is utter horsesh*t but then I'd not expect anything less. 

9 hours ago, trev said:

They have just signed the best young striker in the world.

I think it's pretty ominous tbh.

Liverpool are getting older and could lose Mane and Salah.

Chelsea are the dangers to City over the next 5 years I think.

Which striker.. they have signed 2.

Alvarez (who scored 6 for river plate yesterday) and Haaland.

Both will rip it up next season.