PAXO BACK ON THE JOB.

3 hours ago, Nero said:

The club is only 'ruined' in your head bud. My fourth time here in L1, its part of who we are in recent history unfortunately. 

Obviously Paxo is a dog whistle for you, but overreacting just makes your posts seem unhinged.

Nawww  bud.  Appreciate what you're saying.. but fully understand the woes of this club. Paxo's still here, and he's nothing but failure. Why is that ?

Edited by quinnssweetshop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

We've regressed and dropped so far as a football club since this advisor arrived that any attempt at defence is pointless mate.
The evidence speaks for itself

I'm not defending him at all mate I wish he was gone from our club, I'm merely pointing out that there's a general assumption that a good signing can't be anything to do with him and a bad signing can't be down to anyone else.

For what it's worth I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's got more invested in our club than just an advisory role.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Manwë said:

I know!  I said their latest accounts, not their last.

When both teams were relegated, had to contend with the same global pandemic, one club lost £25m and was relegated, the other lost £0.7m and was relegated.  

The latter club bounced straight back up and was promoted, the former didn't and will remain in the third-tier for at least another season.

"It's not that easy [implying cost] to when you've still got many players from the Championship" or words to that effect.  Rotherham say hello. 

Right, but look at what you said.

*"Rotherham - Come down, go straight back up and during covid lose £0.7m.

Wednesday - Come down, clear out innit, rebuild, need time to gel, only team in the division to have players injured, rebuild again, doesn't go up, lose £20m"*

I don't know if it's how I've read that, but that to me looks like you're saying we lost that money AFTER relegation. 

Like we had the rebuild and we still lost £20 million. 

I see now what you were trying to say now that you've explained it but you had me confused there for a bit. 

Guest Musttryharder
3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

"do you want this player with a leg broke in two places or do you want nobody? You have the final say"

Well I was right, he does get the last say. Not many options though. Lol

Which players has Paixo advised us to buy?

Do we actually know?

Be good to see the hits and misses. 

We know some because of what Chasiri said in an interview in 2020;

Normally I do not name individual players and how we recruited them but to be fair to Amadeu, he recommended Fernando, Barry Bannan, Lucas Joao and more recently Dominic Iorfa, who I am sure everyone agrees has the potential to go a long way in football. I can also tell you that if it was not for Amadeu, Fernando may well have gone to another club when he left Watford.

I think I also heard Pudil was one of his recommendations. Obviously these are the early hits - but what about the others that he recommended many of whom probably didn't work out quite so well.

What do people know about these other signings influenced by Paixo?

On 25/05/2022 at 09:37, Swfcsi said:

I'm no Chansiri fan but from what I see some lesson have been learned ,only some though lol ..

Yeah, he won’t put asset sales in the wrong year’s accounts again……will he?

13 minutes ago, Nero said:

So which are the current signings that got us here are his then and which not?

I don't think anyone really knows, but that doesn't mean he can therefore be excluded from criticism.  No-one really knows what Chansiri does all day, but from looking at financial records, league tables and general slow demise of the club under his ownership, I can conclude he's not very good at whatever he does do.

Paxo is employed by Chansiri and has been for a while, and what we know is that his advice is based on transfers, so look at SWFC transfers since Chansiri/Paxo came to the club.

There have been some great ones and some stinkers.  I'm going to say our transfer success out of 10 since Chansiri, I would go for a 2-3 out of 10.  I base this on failure to succeed on the field and the financial cost of it all.  I've given a high 3 because we've had some good players in the period too.

Paxo, is without doubt, a key part of that transfer policy.  He may be a small cog but he's part of it and the policies have by and large failed spectacularly. 

All of the above applies to our entire recruitment team by the way, and the decision makers.  

1 hour ago, Manwë said:

I don't think anyone really knows, but that doesn't mean he can therefore be excluded from criticism.  No-one really knows what Chansiri does all day, but from looking at financial records, league tables and general slow demise of the club under his ownership, I can conclude he's not very good at whatever he does do.

Paxo is employed by Chansiri and has been for a while, and what we know is that his advice is based on transfers, so look at SWFC transfers since Chansiri/Paxo came to the club.

There have been some great ones and some stinkers.  I'm going to say our transfer success out of 10 since Chansiri, I would go for a 2-3 out of 10.  I base this on failure to succeed on the field and the financial cost of it all.  I've given a high 3 because we've had some good players in the period too.

Paxo, is without doubt, a key part of that transfer policy.  He may be a small cog but he's part of it and the policies have by and large failed spectacularly. 

All of the above applies to our entire recruitment team by the way, and the decision makers.  

I agree in the main and the transfer policy did became our biggest problem. I just think that the first point, that he cant be excluded from criticism, is a long way from the bloke being everything wrong with the club (I am not saying you say that btw). Its just that he is such a lightening conductor for criticism it seems that people are convinced he is a borderline evil. Virtually a Bond villain. Why?

The disastrous mid era transfer spending strategy must be Chansiri's responsibility. If as part of the recruitment teams, Paixao directed him in the wrong direction then he shares some of the blame for that but clearly Chansiri doesn't see this as relationship ending. He must know more than we do. And we dont know who was Paixao and who wasn't.

Also you can tell from the posts that people have assumed he is in charge of all 'foreign' transfers, which is clearly not the case as he recommended UK based players too. 

Its all a bit unbalanced when his name comes up for me.

4 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

My understanding of the above is you're questioning which signings did he " advise " that got us to the evel we are at now.

I'd say many. The undesputible fact is that they were bad signings. We ended up bottom of the championship.
Along with thise signings came financial agreements. Look where that got us.

This geezer is more an advisor, as i am. 

So what is he ? Because his " advice " is bankrupting the club.

Tbf that's difficult to argue against. On the face of it, that's how it looks from the outside.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Love 1

On 25/05/2022 at 12:31, HarrowbyOwl said:

The original scouting agreement between Doyen Sports Investments (of which Paixiao was a part) and SWFC in 2015 was for scouting services 'worldwide excluding England'. That only ran until May 2106, so things may have changed since

Christ another 84 years on the contract 

19 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Nawww  bud.  Appreciate what you're saying.. but fully understand the woes of this club. Paxo's still here, and he's nothing but failure. Why is that ?

14 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

My understanding of the above is you're questioning which signings did he " advise " that got us to the evel we are at now.

I'd say many. The undesputible fact is that they were bad signings. We ended up bottom of the championship.
Along with thise signings came financial agreements. Look where that got us.

This geezer is more an advisor, as i am. 

So what is he ? Because his " advice " is bankrupting the club.

Please be careful of your accusations..Paxo's already warned of court action against some of the comments on here, regarded as defamation of character. (so I believe)  Some of us have been there and done that (DA and co) and it wasn't nice and very costly!

• Like 1