PAXO BACK ON THE JOB.

3 hours ago, Jim said:

See how this summer’s recruitment goes. The recruitment over the last 12 months has been better than it’s been for a while.

Really? The wage bill would suggest otherwise..until we start signing players on league 1 wages I would say the recruitment is bobbins

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, The coach said:

Really? The wage bill would suggest otherwise..until we start signing players on league 1 wages I would say the recruitment is bobbins

B*ll**ks to the wage bill. I judge on what I see on the pitch and we did ok for the first time in a while and we’re showing sides of moving forward unlikely yourself probably who’s stuck on the hard shoulder waiting for the AA to arrive? 🤪🤪🤪

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, The coach said:

Really? The wage bill would suggest otherwise 

WAGE BILL
WAGE BILL
WAGE BILL
WAGE BILL
WAGE BILL
WAGE BILL
etc etc etc

FFS

The phrase "wage bill" is the latest bandwagon thing to trot out after the one about we need to get rid of Barry Bannan as everything goes through him was shown to be absolute utter tosssssssspot nonsense

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

No surprises he’s back

No point in having a quality scout like Paxo when you’re under an embargo

Now it’s been lifted he’s back to unearth some gems like last time and fire us back to the big time 

4 hours ago, Jim said:

B*ll**ks to the wage bill. I judge on what I see on the pitch and we did ok for the first time in a while and we’re showing sides of moving forward unlikely yourself probably who’s stuck on the hard shoulder waiting for the AA to arrive? 🤪🤪🤪

So by offering players double treble or quadruple the money to play for us...is that good recruitment? 'Bollockks to the wage bill'.....are you DC?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

WAGE BILL
WAGE BILL
WAGE BILL
WAGE BILL
WAGE BILL
WAGE BILL
etc etc etc

FFS

The phrase "wage bill" is the latest bandwagon thing to trot out after the one about we need to get rid of Barry Bannan as everything goes through him was shown to be absolute utter tosssssssspot nonsense

Ok lets talk serious stuff..what was the best pie during our premier league stint? Whats your favourite urinal at hillsborough...etc etc

34 minutes ago, The coach said:

Ok lets talk serious stuff..what was the best pie during our premier league stint? Whats your favourite urinal at hillsborough...etc etc

I'm being serious

You're only discussing 'WAGE BILL' because you've seen numerous other bandwagon jumpers do it

Next week it will be the next fad

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Musttryharder
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm being serious

You're only discussing 'WAGE BILL' because you've seen numerous other bandwagon jumpers do it

Can we call it the 'financial shambles' this owner as put us in. I assume the salary payments may play some part of it.  lol 

11 hours ago, longreach said:

Please be careful of your accusations..Paxo's already warned of court action against some of the comments on here, regarded as defamation of character. (so I believe)  Some of us have been there and done that (DA and co) and it wasn't nice and very costly!

Accusations?  Who are you to start picking through my posts and making your own mind up what is or isn't? 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

No, but it shows poor / terrible stewardship of a club. 

We can only hope it gets better. I think we’ve got a decent manager who can drive it. Only time will tell.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I'm being serious

Whilst ever we are losing millions every year I might just mention it every so often..are you scared of the wage bill? If some people are scared of summat they won’t talk about it...it’s the wage bill that gets us in umbongos..selling the ground etc..it’s quite important..but il try not to mention it if it gives you nightmares 🤐

4 minutes ago, kikka said:

The only reason Paixao was not involved last season was because of the transfer embargo ...which meant that there was no possibility for him to make money from the club  by palming us of with elderly , injury prone players with high wage demands ...who were well past their best , for exorbitant fees.

Now that pfees are once again payable ... his eyes will have lit up ...Now if we know that ...how come Chansiri doesn't ???

Paso wasn’t involved? But we still get elderly players with high wage demands..the only youngster we signed was that judge jules character..who got injured in about 5 mins..thought Dm was brought in cus o& his previous work with youngsters..it’s all a bit skew wiff our recruitment/scouting etc

1 hour ago, longreach said:

It's not me you need to worry about petal, but hey, you feel free to carry on with blagging paxo. Hope you are well minted! 

Is there anybody involved with us called paxo or stuffing boy?? Why are you bein all defensive of these none eventers? Making yer self look a bit sad tbh

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

An overhaul of the recruitment team is long overdue, its failed to raise any noteable scalps that can claim success or show profit in any season its operated, it just milks a wage out of the club.

if I were fortunate enough to be the owner, theyd be toast by the morning and Id recruit the right people, and paxo would go up a turkey the right way

• Love 1

On 27/05/2022 at 19:02, quinnssweetshop said:

Accusations?  Who are you to start picking through my posts and making your own mind up what is or isn't? 

I'm not picking through your posts, I have far better things to do.  I made a statement regarding a time when the chair (and other directors) tried to sue members of Owlstalk..mainly for deformation.  I made the post to you in the hope that you wouldn't fall foul and end up in court like some of our supporters did and in some cases costing some of our fans a fortune.  Piaxo has already warned supporters that he doesn't take kindly to being criticized on supporters forums and was prepared to take action!

Just to jog your memory.......https://pressgazette.co.uk/sheffield-wednesday-chairman-sues-over-five-live-fan-posts/

UTO

• Thanks 1