PAXO BACK ON THE JOB.

3 hours ago, morganowl said:

sadly if we didnt have chansiri we would go bust . league 1 turnover is about 10 million or so . covers nothing . and they aint many billionaires out there , all tyre kickers as mandric once called them.  lots of new owners promise the earth very few deliver 

10 million should cover everything? How many league 1 clubs have that? It’s dc’s fault he pays all the players far too much..about time we started payin league 1 wages

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, The coach said:

10 million should cover everything? How many league 1 clubs have that? It’s dc’s fault he pays all the players far too much..about time we started payin league 1 wages

That's easier said than done when you retain a section of your championship squad. 

It's not something you can do in just one year. 

• Like 1

All that's happened with paxo and chancer being here is us going backwards and the club getting reduced to an indebted failure.

What do we have ?  seriously ?

Even the pitch is shagged

Theres not a single succesful company going that would continually hire an " advisor ", who failed and failed and failed.

There is no success to talk of...  so... who is this person that has helped ruin the club ?

Unless the scouts are trusted lieutenants of the manager, I wouldn’t trust their judgement as an owner unless they had a track record elsewhere.

The manager carries the can ultimately, so you have to back his judgement - after all, you appoint the manager as the owner.

2 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

There is no success to talk of...  so... who is this person that has helped ruin the club ?

The club is only 'ruined' in your head bud. My fourth time here in L1, its part of who we are in recent history unfortunately. 

Obviously Paxo is a dog whistle for you, but overreacting just makes your posts seem unhinged.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Surely there's enough free transfers in this country to not need to shop abroad. No one expects us to spend 2 million on a player in contract, but from the topics on here so far since the end of the season there is plenty of good players out of contract who wouldn't cost a fee. Kamberi and Sow definitely weren't Moore signings and look how often they got used, fingers crossed we don't go down that slippery slope again of letting someone interfere with signings. DM knows what sort of player he needs, and clearly has a good knowledge of the english game. There's no need to go abroad when so many players have been released already this summer. 

14 hours ago, morganowl said:

sadly if we didnt have chansiri we would go bust . league 1 turnover is about 10 million or so . covers nothing . and they aint many billionaires out there , all tyre kickers as mandric once called them.  lots of new owners promise the earth very few deliver 

SWFC get the second highest attendances,  with the highest ticket prices in the division.  Chansiri fiddles dates which gets us the points deduction, which sends us down, which causes a massive reduction in income.

Ergo, Chansiri is our saviour.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HootHoot said:

That's easier said than done when you retain a section of your championship squad. 

It's not something you can do in just one year. 

Rotherham - Come down, go straight back up and during covid lose £0.7m.

Wednesday - Come down, clear out innit, rebuild, need time to gel, only team in the division to have players injured, rebuild again, doesn't go up, lose £20m.

Good thing with Wednesday, we have an unlimited supply of reasons why we can't achieve anything.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Rotherham - Come down, go straight back up and during covid lose £0.7m.

Wednesday - Come down, clear out innit, rebuild, need time to gel, only team in the division to have players injured, rebuild again, doesn't go up, lose £20m.

Good thing with Wednesday, we have an unlimited supply of reasons why we can't achieve anything.  

Where have you seen that we lost £20m? 

The accounts that were published were for the year ending in July 2021. 

We won't know how much we lost this season until we release the accounts next year afaik. Someone here can correct me if I'm mistaken on that. 

• Like 1

Guest Musttryharder
53 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Surely there's enough free transfers in this country to not need to shop abroad. No one expects us to spend 2 million on a player in contract, but from the topics on here so far since the end of the season there is plenty of good players out of contract who wouldn't cost a fee. Kamberi and Sow definitely weren't Moore signings and look how often they got used, fingers crossed we don't go down that slippery slope again of letting someone interfere with signings. DM knows what sort of player he needs, and clearly has a good knowledge of the english game. There's no need to go abroad when so many players have been released already this summer. 

I thought I'd seen somewhere that DM as the final say on players. 

12 hours ago, mogbad said:

Funny how a successful signing is regarded as a DM signing but an unsuccessful signing is regarded as a Paxo signing.

We've regressed and dropped so far as a football club since this advisor arrived that any attempt at defence is pointless mate.
The evidence speaks for itself

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

38 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Where have you seen that we lost £20m? 

The accounts that were published were for the year ending in July 2021. 

We won't know how much we lost this season until we release the accounts next year afaik. Someone here can correct me if I'm mistaken on that. 

The last accounts.  Not the latest.  Likewise Rotherham, their last accounts, not their latest.

Quite simple really.  The point I was trying to make was that you said it's "easier said than done" in response to wages coming down from the Championship, yet a much smaller club (also with a Championship squad) managed just fine.  In fact, they smashed it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Manwë said:

The last accounts.  Not the latest.  Likewise Rotherham, their last accounts, not their latest.

Quite simple really.  The point I was trying to make was that you said it's "easier said than done" in response to wages coming down from the Championship, yet a much smaller club (also with a Championship squad) managed just fine.  In fact, they smashed it.  

Rotherham’s highest paid player last season was ladapo on 5k a week..whilst we have to offer players about 3 times the goin rate to play for us..we are never goin to break even..we are aleague 1 outfit..we need to pay league 1 wages

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Provide a link for your source? 

3 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

That was for the season we were both in the Championship. 

I know!  I said their latest accounts, not their last.

When both teams were relegated, had to contend with the same global pandemic, one club lost £25m and was relegated, the other lost £0.7m and was relegated.  

The latter club bounced straight back up and was promoted, the former didn't and will remain in the third-tier for at least another season.

"It's not that easy [implying cost] to when you've still got many players from the Championship" or words to that effect.  Rotherham say hello. 

• Like 1