PAXO BACK ON THE JOB.

Pixao is an Advisor

DC is a business man.

When advisor gives business man advice and business performs poorly then normally get rid of the people giving you advice.

Business man however continues to listen to the advisor, this make business man a fool, not a wise man!

• Like 6

There is many good free agents in the UK, then there is good young players that are British based.

foreign players are no longer the cheap option.

After wasting millions on under performing foreign players, its time for DC and Paxo to take a step back and leave the recruitment to the competent staff. All we need DC for is paying for the players.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, room0035 said:

There is many good free agents in the UK, then there is good young players that are British based.

foreign players are no longer the cheap option.

After wasting millions on under performing foreign players, its time for DC and Paxo to take a step back and leave the recruitment to the competent staff. All we need DC for is paying for the players.

SWFC is the toy of DC and his playmate Paxo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, jp1981 said:

Tbf to Sow, it's hard to get going, and have any form when you get 5 minutes game time here and there or when you do start, are taken out of the team for the next match. 

I thought Kamberi was ok and did well on occasions.

None of the overseas players were bad players. Sometimes it's just a case of not being the right fit.

We had too many players and a few never had a proper chance. 

6 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

How much does Brexit affect the situation? It probably at least shifts the balance more towards homegrown players.

There is a points system in place now where players get points based on their club, appearances, international appearances etc. I think it does make it harder to get overseas players in at our level. 

Personally I would like to see as many British youngsters given a chance as humanly possible but accept sometimes you can’t find what you need here and might have to look elsewhere. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, FinnishOwl said:

I was under the impression that Moore will have the final say anyway, and he's the one who should tell the advisors, recruitment team etc. which kind of players he's looking for. I'm not believing in any forced signings.

I am confident no player will be "forced" on the manager.But that's not saying much. DM seems to have had the final say so and has insisted in talking to potential recruits before they finally sign. I hope it continues. Paxo has to prove himself though doesn't he and I am sure his services are not free.

• Like 2

Guest Musttryharder
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Any half decent signing :well done DM players clearly love to play for him 

Any terrible signing :damn you Paxo ,go to hell 

Brown,that lad from QPR and Gibson 

All from England and all terrible players 

Who signed them then ? 

Does anyone on here actrually know who signs who. Does anyone on here actually know what Paxos involvement with the club is. For all we know he might just be DC's intimate friend and confidante.

7 hours ago, Bluesteel. said:

I think AP will get the blame for anything. Wasn’t he also part of the revised set up when we ditched the transfer committee and brought in Pudil, Bannan and Forestieri? That may not have had anything to do with him either but we can’t assume each bad transfer is his recommendation. Our issue has always been finance and a lack of financial planning. We built a good side but short term and have been hampered ever since due to not being able to buy and sell. If we have a better grip on that then having more contacts alongside analysts etc can only be a good thing?

League One, Bottom of Championship, heavily in debt, don't own the ground anymore

He's done a superb job........ for someone. But not for us.

Sooner we see the back of this utter shyster, the better

Edited by quinnssweetshop
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FinnishOwl said:

How much does Brexit affect the situation? It probably at least shifts the balance more towards homegrown players.

Course it does. Same with managers. I’d like to bet we’d have seen a foreign coach after Pulis if it wasn’t for the new regulations?

8 hours ago, Luke said:

Any half decent signing :well done DM players clearly love to play for him 

Any terrible signing :damn you Paxo ,go to hell 

Brown,that lad from QPR and Gibson 

All from England and all terrible players 

Who signed them then ? 

Gibson was unlucky with injuries, I really think our season would of turned out different if we’d of got 40 games out of him, Paxo clearly signed those players though, just a good job Moore got Byers and Gregory in or we’d of been terrible last season…

8 hours ago, Swfcsi said:

Kamberi was recommended by Paul Williams

is that why paul williams left? what an awful player . record appalling even in the low standard leagues he has played at. and aint we stuck with sow? hope he is on very low wages. 

1 hour ago, quinnssweetshop said:

League One, Bottom of Championship, heavily in debt, don't own the ground anymore

He's done a superb job........ for someone. But not for us.

Sooner we see the back of this utter shyster, the better

sadly if we didnt have chansiri we would go bust . league 1 turnover is about 10 million or so . covers nothing . and they aint many billionaires out there , all tyre kickers as mandric once called them.  lots of new owners promise the earth very few deliver 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Thats not strictly true. 

His top 2 targets were Sean Morrison and Richard Keogh. Also wanted Grant Hanley and Daniel Ayala. Priced out of all of them.  

He wanted championship established central defenders, he said that in an interview at the time.

We got JVA no doubt because as a package he was cheaper than we were being quoted for those above (believe it or not, i know JVA was still up to £4m). 

It turns out we knew we'd smashed FFP so who knows what the conversations around finances were behind the scenes. 

Neil Warnock said about the Morrison bid that '£3m wouldn't buy one of his legs'. 

So ultimately, if we hadn't blown money on the likes of Abdi, Rhodes, we probably could have afforded Sean Morrison or any of those. 

Keogh wasn’t the worst at playing from the back and Ayala could cope with it. Accepted the others are at the other end of the spectrum but had played in the premier league. What I’m saying is that there were options on frees or cheap in the EFL that we could’ve got to do that but presumably we chose JVA for his passing and was at the time dubbed someone to develop ie not the finished article physicaly but the Derby finished him 

1 hour ago, morganowl said:

sadly if we didnt have chansiri we would go bust . league 1 turnover is about 10 million or so . covers nothing . and they aint many billionaires out there , all tyre kickers as mandric once called them.  lots of new owners promise the earth very few deliver 

Who says we would... We would get a buyer. There's more billionaires out there and plenty who know a far sight more about business than running a water jet walking or taxi business. lol anyhow, chansiri may just be a figurehead and Paso may be the real gaffer with his own consortium of owners.? 

• Haha 1