PAXO BACK ON THE JOB.

35 minutes ago, Luke said:

Any half decent signing :well done DM players clearly love to play for him 

Any terrible signing :damn you Paxo ,go to hell 

Brown,that lad from QPR and Gibson 

All from England and all terrible players 

Who signed them then ? 

I thought Gibson was quality......when he wasn't injured. Give him a run of games and he will be excellent.

12 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

Tbf to Sow, it's hard to get going, and have any form when you get 5 minutes game time here and there or when you do start, are taken out of the team for the next match. 

I thought Kamberi was ok and did well on occasions.

None of the overseas players were bad players. Sometimes it's just a case of not being the right fit.

Are you for real? Kamberi was ABSOLUTELY APPALLING!!

No idea if it’s to do with Paxo but our recent record with overseas signings ain’t the best

Sow

Kamberi

Borner

Van Aken

Pelupessy

Sasso

Emmanuelson

Venancio

Matias

Joao

Sougou

Dielna

Bus

Melo

Lachman

Is there a single one there that you could call a success? Not a single one of them every really established themselves as a first choice, automatic starter. Borner in his first season maybe… even Joao while he looked good at times we failed to get the best out of. 

• Like 2

I just had a quick look at the League One team of the Season and it’s 100% British players. In the championship equivilant it’s pretty much the same apart from Mitrovic (who been in the UK for years). Obviously the Prem is a different ball game but down here in the third tier it is definitely difficult for mid level overseas players to come in and make a huge difference.

As to why I don’t really have an answer. Maybe it’s the particular demands of the league or maybe it’s the players who would be good at this level are in higher tiers in their own leagues and don’t want to move. Maybe it’s because the prem is so full of overseas players very good British players are prepared to drop down the ladder to get game time? Probably a mix I suppose. 

We have has decent overseas players in this league before obviously, but recruiting them is definitely a bit of a lottery!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

I just had a quick look at the League One team of the Season and it’s 100% British players. In the championship equivilant it’s pretty much the same apart from Mitrovic (who been in the UK for years). Obviously the Prem is a different ball game but down here in the third tier it is definitely difficult for mid level overseas players to come in and make a huge difference.

As to why I don’t really have an answer. Maybe it’s the particular demands of the league or maybe it’s the players who would be good at this level are in higher tiers in their own leagues and don’t want to move. Maybe it’s because the prem is so full of overseas players very good British players are prepared to drop down the ladder to get game time? Probably a mix I suppose. 

We have has decent overseas players in this league before obviously, but recruiting them is definitely a bit of a lottery!

This division is a hard one to get out of ,Requiring players who can handle the physical  aspect of it.

• Like 1

Just now, HootHoot said:

Pretty sure in the actual article, it's quoted that Chansiri said we'll look at players in England first and then overseas. 

Bit of a misleading post here.

When we signed Van Aken we looked at hundreds before we got him ,Surely there was some English players better and cheaper .

Just now, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

This division is a hard one to get out of ,Requiring players who can handle the physical  aspect of it.

Agreed. But surely there must be overseas players who can play physical football? Maybe we just look for the wrong type of overseas players at the moment. A new Semedo wouldn’t be a bad thing…

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

He never left did he? I'm sure Chansiri said that himself the other year. 

No, he didn't.

Just now, CircleSeven said:

Agreed. But surely there must be overseas players who can play physical football? Maybe we just look for the wrong type of overseas players at the moment. A new Semedo wouldn’t be a bad thing…

Agree but Semedo was playing in English football when we got him.

• Like 1

Just now, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

When we signed Van Aken we looked at hundreds before we got him ,Surely there was some English players better and cheaper .

Okay but the quote which you've left out says "Our approach is the same every season. We look in the UK market first before looking at options abroad."

You mention JVA so I'll mention Gregory, Adeniran, Luongo, BPF, Dean, Storey, Forestieri, Hooper, Dunkley, Iorfa. We've signed plenty of players within the English leagues under those two.

Seems as if Moore has more of a say on transfers now anyway so why the panic?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HootHoot said:

Okay but the quote which you've left out says "Our approach is the same every season. We look in the UK market first before looking at options abroad."

You mention JVA so I'll mention Gregory, Adeniran, Luongo, BPF, Dean, Storey, Forestieri, Hooper, Dunkley, Iorfa. We've signed plenty of players within the English leagues under those two.

Seems as if Moore has more of a say on transfers now anyway so why the panic?

I hope you are right ,We will see ,I can not wait for the window to open.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Agree but Semedo was playing in English football when we got him.

Yes indeed. Reda was also in England when we got him in. I think I’ve convinced myself we are pi55ing in the wind looking overseas for anyone who going to come in and make an impact..

• Like 2

Its obvious wots gone on here..last season dc and paxo took a back sest after dazza told them let me do it my way..il pick the players..and il get us up..he failed big time..so dc and paxo hsve took bsck control of everything..dm will just be a yes man from now on

• Haha 2

Just now, The coach said:

Its obvious wots gone on here..last season dc and paxo took a back sest after dazza told them let me do it my way..il pick the players..and il get us up..he failed big time..so dc and paxo hsve took bsck control of everything..dm will just be a yes man from now on

That's the spirit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2