PAXO BACK ON THE JOB.

Yorkshire live reports ,Chansairi has said we might have to look at players from abroad  for our promotion challenge .Can you remember that central defender we looked at hundreds before we paid 4 million euros for ,Was confident of promotion this coming season befrore i heard that statement from DC .He never never ever learns .

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

He never left did he? I'm sure Chansiri said that himself the other year. 

I know but no money to spend we do ok,Money to spend  Abdi prime example we waste it ,Whats up with signing young british players who know the English game ,Twine was signed for £300k ,What is he worth now ,2 -3 million .Our scouting is Rubbish .

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Yorkshire live reports ,Chansairi has said we might have to look at players from abroad  for our promotion challenge .Can you remember that central defender we looked at hundreds before we paid 4 million euros for ,Was confident of promotion this coming season befrore i heard that statement from DC .He never never ever learns .

Sasso and the Portuguese lad (memory going) were good and cheap, yet we signed Van Aken 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

I know but no money to spend we do ok,Money to spend  Abdi prime example we waste it ,Whats up with signing young british players who know the English game ,Twine was signed for £300k ,What is he worth now ,2 -3 million .Our scouting is Rubbish .

Was a lot better last summer. Johnson, Gregory, NML, Adeniran and the loans of Storey and Peacock-Farrell were all good signings from this country. The year Paxo was less involved we did our best recruiting in a long time. I really hope he doesn't get involved again

• Like 6

I think AP will get the blame for anything. Wasn’t he also part of the revised set up when we ditched the transfer committee and brought in Pudil, Bannan and Forestieri? That may not have had anything to do with him either but we can’t assume each bad transfer is his recommendation. Our issue has always been finance and a lack of financial planning. We built a good side but short term and have been hampered ever since due to not being able to buy and sell. If we have a better grip on that then having more contacts alongside analysts etc can only be a good thing?

• Like 7

Any half decent signing :well done DM players clearly love to play for him 

Any terrible signing :damn you Paxo ,go to hell 

Brown,that lad from QPR and Gibson 

All from England and all terrible players 

Who signed them then ? 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Luke said:

Any half decent signing :well done DM players clearly love to play for him 

Any terrible signing :damn you Paxo ,go to hell 

Brown,that lad from QPR and Gibson 

All from England and all terrible players 

Who signed them then ? 

Paxo wasnt it ? if he has always been here surely 

34 minutes ago, Swfcsi said:

Think  Sow was Paxo signing which says it all lol and yeah I agree with the rest there was some good business done and I see we are linked with a few young English players which is good ..

Tbf to Sow, it's hard to get going, and have any form when you get 5 minutes game time here and there or when you do start, are taken out of the team for the next match. 

I thought Kamberi was ok and did well on occasions.

None of the overseas players were bad players. Sometimes it's just a case of not being the right fit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Can I just point out that when the new signings come in from this summers SPENDAGEDDON I will welcome them with the same over the top giddy hyped up enthusiasm as I always do. 
I'll proclaim it as 'very exciting' and 'thrilling signings' and get all excited for the new season!

Then after the first missed pass and our fans booing them and saying they're rubbish I will be influenced into believing it and will jump on the hate festival bandwagon towards them all

Then after a few months when they've settled in and got used to being here and crack on and show what they can do I'll post how good they are and how the haters should shut up and get behind the players in their first few months instead of rushing to write them all off

Then at the end of their time at Wednesday I'll want them gone and new players in so the same cycle can repeat.

Am I alone in this?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, jp1981 said:

I thought Kamberi was ok and did well on occasions. 

Oh I have to step in here and ask if he was worth the money/gamble overall

I'd say definitely not but am willing to listen to others convincing me otherwise?

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Can I just point out that when the new signings come in from this summers SPENDAGEDDON I will welcome them with the same over the top giddy hyped up enthusiasm as I always do. 
I'll proclaim it as 'very exciting' and 'thrilling signings' and get all excited for the new season!

Then after the first missed pass and our fans booing them and saying they're rubbish I will be influenced into believing it and will jump on the hate festival bandwagon towards them all

Then after a few months when they've settled in and got used to being here and crack on and show what they can do I'll post how good they are and how the haters should shut up and get behind the players in their first few months instead of rushing to write them all off

Then at the end of their time at Wednesday I'll want them gone and new players in so the same cycle can repeat.

Am I alone in this?

Been long around here?

lol

• Haha 2