SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

2 hours ago, Owl66 said:

Heard on good authority that a certain South American flag may be the order of the day very soon 🤔🤔🤔🤔

Are you the poster that has the source that knows everyone who’s been to the training ground 

Will Vaulks would be excellent in this league if he’s anything like he was at Rotherham. A year or more younger than Luongo too. 

Luongo has always performed very well statistically so a real comparison of those figures are probably a good measure of how good this is. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Are you the poster that has the source that knows everyone who’s been to the training ground 

New poster my friend check on my past posts you won’t see any but hey come back to me when the deal is done 👍

24 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

Will Vaulks would be excellent in this league if he’s anything like he was at Rotherham. A year or more younger than Luongo too. 

Luongo has always performed very well statistically so a real comparison of those figures are probably a good measure of how good this is. 

Imagine them as a pair with Bannan in front !!

Hope we sort Vaulks quick. Probably spells the end of Luongo though! Being greedy I’d have liked them both. We never had any cover for defensive midfield when Luongo was out.

Imagine CM options of Bannan, Byers, Luongo, Vaulks, FDB & Adeniran.

• Like 2

So if the stats on who scored it  are accurate then 

Luongo - av tackles in L1 3.2 a game

Vaulks - in the champ 1.2

Luongo interceptions av 0.9 per game 

Vaulks exactly the same in the league above at 0.9

In terms of passing Luongo completed an average of 32 successful short passes per game and 1.5 long passes.

Vaulks accurate short passes averaged at 18.1 and accurate longer passes 2.5 per game.

Obviously stats are skewed as Luongo was at a lower level in a possession based team that had more of the ball and  Cardiff seemed more long ball and didn’t do so well. Both seem decent at cutting the play off and blocking space with Vaulks doing so at a higher level but Luongo has always been one of the most consistent tacklers in the EFL even at champ level and will be difficult to replace in that regard if he goes.

source website here 

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/322035/Show/Will-Vaulks

1 minute ago, Owl66 said:

Will be part of the back line (defence) I’ve been told last I’m going to say on the subject now guys, but let’s wait and see 😂

Not doubting your source of info in anyway but if it’s a permanent transfer of a Brazilian player from a European club, then work permits could probably be an issue.

3 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Not doubting your source of info in anyway but if it’s a permanent transfer of a Brazilian player from a European club, then work permits could probably be an issue.

Couldn’t resist 💯 last answer work permit not an issue has been playing in a premier league so got enough points ! The name I’ve been given if true is absolute top draw and championship clubs are also in for him but wants to come Wednesday! Only what I’ve been told 🤷‍♂️😂

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Owl66 said:

New poster my friend check on my past posts you won’t see any but hey come back to me when the deal is done 👍

Let’s see, hope your right. Your certainly laying down the markers to send owlstalk into a frenzy 

So we’re looking at a South American defender coming in on a full transfer from Europe but has played a lot of premier league football so will sail through the work permit application right?

come on owlstalk, let’s get the short list of names on the go now

4 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Let’s see, hope your right. Your certainly laying down the markers to send owlstalk into a frenzy 

So we’re looking at a South American defender coming in on a full transfer from Europe but has played a lot of premier league football so will sail through the work permit application right?

come on owlstalk, let’s get the short list of names on the go now

I think he meant a Premier League so could be Eredivisie.

29 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Hope we sort Vaulks quick. Probably spells the end of Luongo though! Being greedy I’d have liked them both. We never had any cover for defensive midfield when Luongo was out.

Imagine CM options of Bannan, Byers, Luongo, Vaulks, FDB & Adeniran.

I think they’ll both sign !!! Imagine !!!