SWFC SUMMER 2022 TRANSFER RUMOUR MEGATHREAD - in memory of Gurujuan

6 minutes ago, Tony Pulis said:

Heard the same.

Also, heard the name Jack Diamond.

Was really impressed with Diamond when he played for Harrogate against us in the Pizza cup. Still contracted to Sunderland as far as I know so might be a loan deal?

1 minute ago, Owlmanac said:

Was really impressed with Diamond when he played for Harrogate against us in the Pizza cup. Still contracted to Sunderland as far as I know so might be a loan deal?

Yep don't know if a loan or maybe permanent now Sunderland have gone up... just heard we may be in for him that's all

11 minutes ago, JP1982 said:

Mark Beevers just been released from his contract at Peterborough. 

This is from owner MacAnthony on their website…

“Not many players would enter into discussions about cancelling his contract with two years left on his deal, so credit to him and his advisors for getting this completed.”

You’d have to assume he’s got a club lined up then if a 32 year old is willing to cancel his deal. 

Personally prefer it not to be us. 

3 minutes ago, 0114 said:

“Not many players would enter into discussions about cancelling his contract with two years left on his deal, so credit to him and his advisors for getting this completed.”

You’d have to assume he’s got a club lined up then if a 32 year old is willing to cancel his deal. 

1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

I think it's high time we pitched it then. Would love to see our show up in lights.

Got to sign the lad first!!

5 minutes ago, 0114 said:

He's a solid defender at this level. I'd not be overly enthused, but if we are going for the young Wolves player, good to have some back up/competition on the left hand side of the defence. 

Depends what budget we are working to, I suppose needs must in certain areas.and left footed CB's not common. 

6 minutes ago, striker said:

He's a solid defender at this level. I'd not be overly enthused, but if we are going for the young Wolves player, good to have some back up/competition on the left hand side of the defence. 

Depends what budget we are working to, I suppose needs must in certain areas.and left footed CB's not common. 

TBF on a year deal it’s probably not the worst signing. He’s grown as a player clearly, become a leader and won a few promotions at this level. Being left footed is a massive plus, but I’m not he would play as the LCB? Was never a fast lad, strikes me more as the one who would in the centre of the 3. Biggest con is his age, nearly 33.

When reported in January it was mentioned he wanted to move back up north. Will be interesting to see where he ends up, like I said I’d be shocked he was willing to negotiate out of decent deal to just be a free agent. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 0114 said:

TBF on a year deal it’s probably not the worst signing. He’s grown as a player clearly, become a leader and won a few promotions at this level. Being left footed is a massive plus, but I’m not he would play as the LCB? Was never a fast lad, strikes me more as the one who would in the centre of the 3. Biggest con is his age, nearly 33.

When reported in January it was mentioned he wanted to move back up north. Will be interesting to see where he ends up, like I said I’d be shocked he was willing to negotiate out of decent deal to just be a free agent. 

True, must have something lined up. 

Don't think I'd be signing him other than to give balance on the left hand side, although I get what you're saying. 

I'd like to think we can do better, but for him to walk away from 2 years on his contract.at 33, suggests he must have something lined up. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Maybe good for a year. Solid experienced defender. We maybe need to look at previous promotions we had from League one and sign a few players to get us out of the division (Rob Jones as an example) but agree would not be an inspiring signing.

16 minutes ago, JP1982 said:

Maybe good for a year. Solid experienced defender. We maybe need to look at previous promotions we had from League one and sign a few players to get us out of the division (Rob Jones as an example) but agree would not be an inspiring signing.

I agree for a year it wouldn’t be the worst option.

I get the feeling it may be us he joins based off us being linked in January and also reported he wanted to return up north.