How did you become a fan of Sheffield Wednesday

I didn’t have any older siblings or parent that got me into it. I went to hillsborough for nursery and y1 though.

also grew up on the Winn, where I’d play football on a Saturday, and we’d all cheer when we heard the crowd cheer at hillsborough when we scored. Would have been 91/92

I think I could see a bit of our training ground from my bedroom window but, tha could be some Mandela affect 

i don’t remember a time that I didn’t support Sheffield Wednesday, it was baked in before my first memories.

im always curious how some of our fans got into us that were from outside the uk 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

You dont choose Wednesday.

Wednesday chooses you!

This is spot on. 
Boxing Day 1965 I was only nine and due to go to Rotherham v Man City at Millmoor Div 2.  It would have been my first live game of league football. Match postponed, frozen pitch. 

Fast forward to May 1966. A mate of my dad's who played in local league football, Parkgate or Rawmarsh, got two tickets for the FA cup final. He took me. That was how Wednesday chose me. 

Because of Boxing Day!

• Like 3

During the 60s, where the Superstore car park is now, was Peats Butchers factory. My dad worked there and used to get free complimentary tickets for every home game. I went to every home game and some semi finals and also a couple of World Cup games, all for nowt.

• Like 1

Guest Andy W
10 minutes ago, Taz said:

No it’s your as in it’s your opinion 

The thread said you're wierd, as in you are wierd.

The response was its your, which is wrong as that means its yours.

You're was correct

Wierdo!

14 minutes ago, Taz said:

No it’s your as in it’s your opinion 

And also. To clarify ‘your weird’ is wrong. ‘You’re weird’ is correct. 

Additionally, you’re a bit thick for incorrectly trying to correct someone’s correct usage of you’re with the blatantly wrong your! 

• Haha 1