Dejphon Chansiri Take A Bow

23 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

The guy took over a steady lower mid table Championship side and spent millions turning us into a third division side who no longer own our stadium…. And then you get fans who seem to think we should be grateful because he’s under-writing the clubs losses (completely ignoring the fact that he’s main the reason we are losing so much money).

The guy is a complete and utter cretin, what other chairman of sound mind would let his 10 year old kid pick the manager!?!? (see below link)

We will never achieve anything while he is “running” the club. In all honesty I wouldn’t trust him to run a bath.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/carlos-carvalhal-dejphon-chansiri-owls-18158993.amp

Well sed fella

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Django said:

Sunderland fired their own hapless manager a couple of months back and hired a proper manager and now they’re on their way to Wembley and in all likelihood the championship 

This is a bloke who had led Preston to 11th and 16th in the Championship before being asked to leave and then was so sought after that he was unemployed for almost a year. Yet all the Captain Hindsights are now saying this is exactly the kind of pedigree we should be looking for? :huh: Let's not pretend it was his genius that saw them through.They came out narrowly on top in an attritional slog.

And if Sunderland lose the playoff final, what then? He'll be in the same boat as Moore just a fortnight later on. Maybe we can have all the "no plan B", "no track record", "tactically naive" cliches thrown at him instead?

• Like 2

Get rid of the money wasters such as Dunkley, TJJ, kamberi etc.

Try and sign Storey and Dean, the keeper from Shrewsbury and Scott Twine (I wish)

we need a decent league one striker, some options at the back and some goals in midfield.

Dennis and FDB with a fully preseason will be like having two new players.

Need a bit of youth and energy in the team.

2 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

This is a bloke who had led Preston to 11th and 16th in the Championship before being asked to leave and then was so sought after that he was unemployed for almost a year. Yet all the Captain Hindsights are now saying this is exactly the kind of pedigree we should be looking for? :huh: Let's not pretend it was his genius that saw them through.They came out narrowly on top in an attritional slog.

And if Sunderland lose the playoff final, what then? He'll be in the same boat as Moore just a fortnight later on. Maybe we can have all the "no plan B", "no track record", "tactically naive" cliches thrown at him instead?

He did a decent job with no resources at Preston, similar job to what McCartney did at Ipswich 

He also got Norwich up to the PL

Not to mention his work in Scotland 

He’s also got Sunderland on the brink of promotion after only a couple of months in the job

Doesnt take Hetty Wainthrob to figure out the guy is a good manager 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, smhouston said:

Can't blame DC for this season. He's backed Moore 100%

Nah we can’t blame the bloke who spent millions on uninterested players, who sold our ground which we no longer own, who appointed a manager who couldn’t get us promoted, who oversaw us go through multiple embargo‘s and a points deduction, and was solely to blame for our relegation. That’s like not blaming the bloke who set fire to your house because he called the fire brigade!!

• Thanks 1

Just now, DJMortimer said:

Sunderland were 4th when he arrived and finished in 5th. Not exactly a road to Damascus transformation.

That doesn’t tell the full story

Look at the consistency, the results, the last minute goals, the fact that he’s tightened up a very leaky defence

Hes done a great job

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri got us relegated 

This season I would score him a 9.7 out of 10 as a chairman with the only real glitch being the season tickets before Christmas thing 

Other than that he’s done what he should - back the manager and stay out of the limelight and don’t create any dramas

The fact that DC has hardly been mentioned (particularly in the latter half of the season) proves this, we seemed be discussing the chairman more than the manager/team not so long ago.

I wish I had the ability to see seasons in isolation......how anyone can praise the owner for this season like the previous ones never happened is beyond me. Yes, he's done a markedly better job last year but he is nowhere near undoing the damage suffered at his hands, fact. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Morepork said:

I wish I had the ability to see seasons in isolation......how anyone can praise the owner for this season like the previous ones never happened is beyond me. Yes, he's done a markedly better job last year but he is nowhere near undoing the damage suffered at his hands, fact. 

He hasn't no, far from it but he has shown signs that he's learning at last, it will take a lot to undo the damage but I've enjoyed the second half of this season more than any for a few years, long way to go but a step in the right direction.

1 hour ago, Django said:

Ultimately the blame lies with him for backing and then persisting with the wrong horse

Sunderland fired their own hapless manager a couple of months back and hired a proper manager and now they’re on their way to Wembley and in all likelihood the championship 

Sunderland have got better and younger players than us though.

After watching the two legs I’d have Clarke, Roberts, Pritchard and Stewart at Wednesday. And Batth has sorted them out defensively.

Clarke and Pritchard have both been transferred for over £10 million in their career and are both in their 20s. We don’t have a player in our squad that’s gone for anywhere near that money but still fans seem to think we had the best squad in the league 

Edited by pat blondeau
  • Like 1

I personally would love to see Chansiri take a bow next season at that pizza tinpot trophy or whatever competition it is, in the event we end up playing Sheffield United Under 23s next season

I thought budget day here was bad enough, the thought of playing the Pigs Under 23s in a cup competition is quite frankly embarrassing! 

Edited by katie melua

1 hour ago, Sykes said:

The less input he has, the better. I'm glad to have seen less of him this season. Now he just needs to take his name off the stand.

Talking of stands, he needs to pay to put a couple more exits in the North stand so that when needed (hopefully several games next season due to team ripping up the league) we can completely sell out the North Stand instead of having to leave blocks empty for "safety" reasons.

4 minutes ago, Utah Owl said:

Talking of stands, he needs to pay to put a couple more exits in the North stand so that when needed (hopefully several games next season due to team ripping up the league) we can completely sell out the North Stand instead of having to leave blocks empty for "safety" reasons.

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. We won’t sell out the north stand again now for at least another year 

He's only invested £400m so far.

He is losing almost £1m a month. 

He must hate wednesday. 

Absolutely clueless most posters in this thread. 

And a few bitter ones that got told their "roles" we no longer needed at swfc

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Millions upon millions squandered for 2 good seasons, after that it has been downhill all the way.

A fudged amateurish attempted ground sale and awful football saw us relegated to league 1 where we will spend back to back seasons at best.

We must hold the record for the most money wasted to move backwards and it's down  to inept leadership.

Your time here is well and truly up, please close the door on your way out and take Darren Moore with you.

It's interesting how you conveniently fail to mention Chansiri's successes. 

Name another club which has managed to (successfully) bake the world's largest cake ball. That's right. You can't. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

This season was our highest "first season in tier 3" finish in our history. After previous relegations to this league, we finished 15th or 16th (or 20th if you go back further). And THAT was the club that Chansiri took over, a club that finished lower mid-table Championship on a good year, but more often struggled to escape relegation, or got relegated then flirted with relegation to tier 4. 

So really, after 2 good seasons under Chansiri, we've just returned to type, with an uncharacteristic good first season in tier 3. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Steve1212 said:

He’s trying to stabilise the club, yes first three seasons was a rollercoaster but he seems to be managing the situation now, who else is going to stand losses of 29 mil a year.. 

He has achieved stabilization in the third division, utter clown of a chairman.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, reggae said:

He's only invested £400m so far.

He is losing almost £1m a month. 

He must hate wednesday. 

Absolutely clueless most posters in this thread. 

And a few bitter ones that got told their "roles" we no longer needed at swfc

Here is one for you mate- a 6 point deduction for an admin error that led to our relegation, we are so lucky to have him aren't we?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eightbelow said:

Here is one for you mate- a 6 point deduction for an admin error that led to our relegation, we are so lucky to have him aren't we?

"We"

You aren't "we". 

You literally slate everything wednesday when you've had 3 pints and everything isn't how you want it. 

You aren't "we". 

Get t lane