Dejphon Chansiri Take A Bow

Not the time for Manager bashing, not the time for Chairman bashing.

Personally I'm not a fan of either of them, but now the push for what happens next season starts.

Moore does seem to have a nack for landing good players, I will give him that.   Let's see who leaves, who stays and who is incoming.   

Neither the Manager or Chairman will have anywhere to hide next season - they best get it right.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, Steve1212 said:

He’s trying to stabilise the club, yes first three seasons was a rollercoaster but he seems to be managing the situation now, who else is going to stand losses of 29 mil a year.. 

Yep, agree. Made mistakes and deserved criticism, but can't hold that over him forever when we don't win a game of football. 

I'm not a fan, but I understand the financial support and also recognise he's learned lessons and now appears to be behaving like a competent owner. 

• Like 5

We need Chansiri to keep backing the club as he has done. Like him or not.

Sunderland failed and then had to shed a lot of costs. Their long stay in this Keane is partly down to ownership issues and a lack of funds. Chansiri is one of our main advantages if he is willing and able to keep putting the money up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheLastSleepingGiant said:

He’s taken a mid table Championship side to League 1 also rans.

If you judge him on output what has he actually improved since taking over other than a big scoreboard?

Destroyed our club 

You forgot the cake ball. 

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

Sunderland failed and then had to shed a lot of costs. Their long stay in this Keane is partly down to ownership issues and a lack of funds. Chansiri is one of our main advantages if he is willing and able to keep putting the money up.

Tragic but true.

8 minutes ago, Django said:

Sunderland fired their own hapless manager a couple of months back and hired a proper manager and now they’re on their way to Wembley and in all likelihood the championship 

We’ll see about that, not so sure ,  Wycombe will be a very dangerous team

in that final playing with absolutely nowhere near the same amount of pressure Sunderland will be 

I fancy Wycombe if am honest

42 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Millions upon millions squandered for 2 good seasons, after that it has been downhill all the way.

A fudged amateurish attempted ground sale and awful football saw us relegated to league 1 where we will spend back to back seasons at best.

We must hold the record for the most money wasted to move backwards and it's down  to inept leadership.

Your time here is well and truly up, please close the door on your way out and take Darren Moore with you.

shows how well Moore has done then to get anywhere near promotion whilst working under him, doesn't it?

Just now, Royal_D said:

We’ll see about that, not so sure ,  Wycombe will be a very dangerous team

in that final playing with absolutely nowhere near the same amount of pressure Sunderland will be 

I fancy Wycombe if am honest

If Sunderland complain about Wycombes tactics after tonight…

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel. said:

Aye, pretty much 

No point crying over spilt milk and past mistakes now,  if he stays and carry’s on backing us were in a strong position next season 

if he bins us off,  absolute carnage will go down 

The guy took over a steady lower mid table Championship side and spent millions turning us into a third division side who no longer own our stadium…. And then you get fans who seem to think we should be grateful because he’s under-writing the clubs losses (completely ignoring the fact that he’s main the reason we are losing so much money).

The guy is a complete and utter cretin, what other chairman of sound mind would let his 10 year old kid pick the manager!?!? (see below link)

We will never achieve anything while he is “running” the club. In all honesty I wouldn’t trust him to run a bath.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/carlos-carvalhal-dejphon-chansiri-owls-18158993.amp

• Like 2
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri got us relegated 

This season I would score him a 9.7 out of 10 as a chairman with the only real glitch being the season tickets before Christmas thing 

Other than that he’s done what he should - back the manager and stay out of the limelight and don’t create any dramas

100%. 

We can lay a lot of blame for everything that has gone previous, as we all have done, but this season he provided the management with everything they needed to get us there and we just came up short.

I just hope he can do similar for next season.

• Like 1

Very little between the two teams over two games and yes Sunderland had the slightly better players over two games. 

I think that over 2 legs we would have beaten any other team in the division and that includes Rotherham and Wigan.

Sunderland would have been Champions if they hadnt had Lee Johnson as a manager for half the season.

Once again the sheer number of long term injuries has significantly influenced our season

In my opinion enough to cost us the 6 or 7 points needed for Autos. 

The Chairman has made many mistakes in the past but hes done his part this season. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Avonowl said:

I wonder how Chansiri feels tonight. He must have thought about changing the manager. Ironic that if he had brought Neil here when he was free we might be heading to Wembley. But we'll never know....

Why would you change the manager after the second half of the season?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Only one person to blame tonight 

DM

Get out of the club

Are you one of the many fans that back Hutch to the hilt?

Yet it’s Moore at fault for the defeat.