Moving ground

Iove our old girl 

and Christ it’s unbelievable full a rocking when it’s like that and holds such a place in footballs history our clubs history abs he English game 

but unfortunately she’s expensive to run and holds us back commercially and into days world she holds us back 

it’s a tragic thing to say because I’d much rather us play there but we still need to move it will be horrible when we eventually have to go 

be like putting your dog down it will kill us to leave emotionally but our hee puppy will full the void and we will love her differently but in time to live her equally and we are lucky ones that can pass on to our kids and gran kids and tell them what it was like to be at Hillsborough 

just like when it used to be wooden seats 

standing only 

no roof on 

we pass on our history 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Anybody that calls Hillsborough ‘old girl’ or ‘old lady’ should be dragged on the pitch at half time on Monday - and fired at with water cannons and fireworks.

How would you call her?  Lovely old lass?

She's such a beauty!💙

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Iove our old girl 

and Christ it’s unbelievable full a rocking when it’s like that and holds such a place in footballs history our clubs history abs he English game 

but unfortunately she’s expensive to run and holds us back commercially and into days world she holds us back 

it’s a tragic thing to say because I’d much rather us play there but we still need to move it will be horrible when we eventually have to go 

be like putting your dog down it will kill us to leave emotionally but our hee puppy will full the void and we will love her differently but in time to live her equally and we are lucky ones that can pass on to our kids and gran kids and tell them what it was like to be at Hillsborough 

just like when it used to be wooden seats 

standing only 

no roof on 

we pass on our history 

A unimaginative soulless ball.  Just so you can buy a overpriced unimaginative soulless jumbo sausage.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Its facilities need updating, but that would cost millions 

Even if you updated the facilities we’ve got you couldn’t update it to what it needs and it’s still in Hillsborough 

this comes with even more problems 

too residential 

poor parking 

no accommodation 

terrible transport links 

we should be going to Sheffield council for a huge grant to add value to the city

we are one of the sporting cities of England 

a stadium should boast state of the art facilities for athletes I’m not talking about running tracks in the ground but our training ground needs to be massively improved we should build a complex like Man City did 

and be a leading sport facility the conference and events should be able to facilitate concerts and boxing plus corporate and hospitality for over 4,000

Transport and accommodation is also key 

it needs a huge amount of land 

but that would improve Sheffield and catapult us up the list in bringing business into the region 

I’m 100 confident the right pitch would bring investment from the council to how much go knows but it will attract huge business abs events that will boost our economy and add serious benefits and value to what the city lacks and needs 

location Christ knows 

I’d have said somewhere off the park way but that looks mostly developed now 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

A unimaginative soulless ball.  Just so you can buy a overpriced unimaginative soulless jumbo sausage.

There not all like that and if they are why as so many clubs and big clubs in the premier league including our national stadium all followed suit 

3 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Even if you updated the facilities we’ve got you couldn’t update it to what it needs and it’s still in Hillsborough 

this comes with even more problems 

too residential 

poor parking 

no accommodation 

terrible transport links 

we should be going to Sheffield council for a huge grant to add value to the city

we are one of the sporting cities of England 

a stadium should boast state of the art facilities for athletes I’m not talking about running tracks in the ground but our training ground needs to be massively improved we should build a complex like Man City did 

and be a leading sport facility the conference and events should be able to facilitate concerts and boxing plus corporate and hospitality for over 4,000

Transport and accommodation is also key 

it needs a huge amount of land 

but that would improve Sheffield and catapult us up the list in bringing business into the region 

I’m 100 confident the right pitch would bring investment from the council to how much go knows but it will attract huge business abs events that will boost our economy and add serious benefits and value to what the city lacks and needs 

location Christ knows 

I’d have said somewhere off the park way but that looks mostly developed now 

If it was YOUR own money,  would you really spend it on demolishing Hillsborough and building a new stadium elsewhere?

Transport links can be improved

Training ground has to be moved elsewhere to built up to date training facilities

Cars are not the future (IMO)

I really don't see any advantage to destroy our home just to built something else without character anywhere else.

• Like 5

Guest DoesJackHunt
1 hour ago, TC4EVER said:

It’s been said on here many times about moving to a new stadium,but after having days like yesterday why.Ok the facility’s are perhaps not as good as they could be ,but my god you don’t much better than yesterday’s atmosphere & there’s still 1 more to come.It’s as good as any ground in the country when full.

It is but it’s full very rarely. Last time we had an atmosphere as good as that was probably the Brighton playoff semi final. 
We would still be the same fans in a new stadium. I think we would still be able to create a decent atmosphere once every 5 seasons in a new stadium 

1 minute ago, GermanBird said:

If it was YOUR own money,  would you really spend it on demolishing Hillsborough and building a new stadium elsewhere?

Transport links can be improved

Training ground has to be moved elsewhere to built up to date training facilities

Cars are not the future (IMO)

I really don't see any advantage to destroy our home just to built something else without character anywhere else.

Now forgive me if I am wrong, but I always thought the transport links were pretty darn good. I've been to plenty of away stadiums where I had to walk a decent distance instead of just getting off a tram straight from the train station and walking a hundred metres. 

I haven't heard any reasonable argument before as to why we need to move as opposed to redevelop. Our ground is beautiful, traditional, full of history, and part of the local community.

• Like 6

1st rebuild the West stand, and build in commercial out let's, join up with the North stand and South stand.

2nd Take out the hill below the Kop, rebuild the East stand with out let's, Museum and Club shop underneath and join up to North stand and South stand.

Increase the capacity to 45-50k.

Job done.

How much?, that's anyone's guess.

• Like 3
  • Love 1