Moving ground

4 minutes ago, Owl-about-that-then said:

Now forgive me if I am wrong, but I always thought the transport links were pretty darn good. I've been to plenty of away stadiums where I had to walk a decent distance instead of just getting off a tram straight from the train station and walking a hundred metres. 

I haven't heard any reasonable argument before as to why we need to move as opposed to redevelop. Our ground is beautiful, traditional, full of history, and part of the local community.

I personally would prefer, if the supertram would run more frequently before and after the game to be a good option to bring everybody to the station or their cars, which would be parked conveniently at Park&Ride places outside.

There is nothing wrong with the tram, but it currently doesn't have the capacity to be a proper alternative to walking or taking the car, has it?

• Love 1

I used to think we needed a move but we have tram and bus links right outside the stadium.

It's pretty much integral to the local identity and community.

BIG IF but if we had the money, redevelop one stand at a time to modernise but keep the same basic aesthetic of each stand.

And fill in the corners.

And maybe a retractable roof.

And heated seats.

And buttons on the seats to call for refreshments.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

1st rebuild the West stand, and build in commercial out let's, join up with the North stand and South stand.

2nd Take out the hill below the Kop, rebuild the East stand with out let's, Museum and Club shop underneath and join up to North stand and South stand.

Increase the capacity to 45-50k.

Job done.

How much?, that's anyone's guess.

We should reduce the capacity and use the space saved to build better concourses and/or corporate.

• Like 1

The chumps live at No.10.

The Monarchy live in their Palaces.

The warmongers live in The White House and Kremlin.

The pope lives in The Vatican.

The Wednesday live at Hillsborough, and we ain't moving either. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, ohgoditsjames said:

I would never want to move, but we seriously need to do something about not being able to utilise our full capacity. However I’m not sure what we can do since it seems to be do with concourse space?

This!!!

There is plenty of scope for serious improvement at Hillsborough. For starters look at all the unused space at the west end of the ground.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Buck Rogers said:

I used to think we needed a move but we have tram and bus links right outside the stadium.

It's pretty much integral to the local identity and community.

BIG IF but if we had the money, redevelop one stand at a time to modernise but keep the same basic aesthetic of each stand.

And fill in the corners.

And maybe a retractable roof.

And heated seats.

And buttons on the seats to call for refreshments.

Lazy bugger, go and stand at the kiosk like everyone else!

lol

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Please don't !!! We could have sold more tickets yesterday and we will need a bigger stadium, if we continue to play this well!

You should regularly sell out your stadium otherwise it’s too big.

35,000 is about right for us.

• Like 2

We need a pretty full stadium every week and we won’t get 40k a week

our options are either to become so good on the field we can deal with having hillsborough or accept we’re a 2nd division outfit and get a suitable stadium 

just turn don valley into a new Wednesday stadium 

12 minutes ago, Taz said:

We need a pretty full stadium every week and we won’t get 40k a week

our options are either to become so good on the field we can deal with having hillsborough or accept we’re a 2nd division outfit and get a suitable stadium 

just turn don valley into a new Wednesday stadium 

Er.. wasn't Don Valley flattened a few years ago?

Just checked, demolished 2013 and people think I'm out of touch!

Do you work for Sheffield City Council?

Edited by Utah Owl
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Anybody that calls Hillsborough ‘old girl’ or ‘old lady’ should be dragged on the pitch at half time on Monday - and fired at with water cannons and fireworks.

Along with people who used to say 'Fessi'

2 hours ago, TC4EVER said:

It’s been said on here many times about moving to a new stadium,but after having days like yesterday why.Ok the facility’s are perhaps not as good as they could be ,but my god you don’t much better than yesterday’s atmosphere & there’s still 1 more to come.It’s as good as any ground in the country when full.

Leppings lane needs knocking down and rebuilding and facilities all around the ground need improving ,more toilets ,better outlets for food and drink would help plus getting rid of the posts that cause restricted views

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

We currently have 34,835 official capacity. 

I accept that but that’s because of seats we are not allowed to use.

Hence me saying when we rebuild (2188 probably) we should give more space to concourses and make the stands smaller.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Littleowl74 said:

When I enter Hillsborough I go up the same steps with my son as I did with my Dad. My Dad stood on the Kop with his Dad. A few new food outlets and better flushing toilets in a new ground can never compete with that for me.  

Flushing toilets.

What a time to be alive.

• Haha 6

Talking of flushing toilets, I think when we rebuild we need smart toilets that shoot little gits with rubber bullets.

Yesterday, I had to wait 15 minutes for a cubicle for my 6 year old to have a wee.

One lad about 17 walks out with his phone, he’d been in there the whole 15 minutes.

Didnt flush the toilet, only had a wee anyway, half of which he’d got over the seat and didn’t clean up  and was obviously in there doing drugs.

What kind of scrubbers leave a toilet in a state like that and then just walk out with a smirk that you want to knock off their face?

Edited by JemmoJemoJemmo
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, JemmoJemoJemmo said:

Talking of flushing toilets, I think when we rebuild we need smart toilets that shoot little gits with rubber bullets.

Yesterday, I had to wait 15 minutes for a cubicle for my 6 year old to have a wee.

One lad about 17 walks out with his phone, he’d been in there the whole 15 minutes.

Didnt flush the toilet, only had a wee anyway, half of which he’d got over the seat and didn’t clean up  and was obviously in there doing drugs.

What kind of scrubbers leave a toilet in a state like that and then just walk out with a smirk that you want to knock off their face?

Reminds me of that line out of OFAH

Del: he's got one of them faces like Cliff Richard's

Mike: what you mean he looks a lot younger than he is?

Del: no, you just wanna give it a good slap!

• Haha 3