Moving ground

Not that we can afford it or have a team worthy of a new stadium…

But we do risk being left in the past.

It would be far two expensive to re-develop and potentially pointless as we will still be left with problems like, potential flooding, poor sunlight on the pitch, limited parking.

And what would we be left with, semi-new ground where our great old ground once stood.

The club have moved before and will again one day.

• Haha 2

On 02/05/2022 at 21:50, DJMortimer said:

I've been to the Tottenham Hotspur stadium several times for NFL games. By far and away it is the worst ever experience I've had getting away from a game, involving waiting around for 20-30 minutes like penned cattle both outside the ground and at the tube station. Whoever decided to put a huge facility like that in the middle of such a busy residential area, obviously wasn't planning on going there and using it. By comparison, leaving Hillsborough is a doddle.

I own a property just over 1 mile from the Spurs ground. I havent lived it in or been in the area since a long time before the new ground was built, but even with the lower capacity of the old WHL it used to be a pure nightmare on match days. The nearest tube station is a couple of miles away at Seven Sisters or Tottenham Hale. And the local train stations which are on the doorstep - Bruce Grove and WHL stations - are bursting at the seems and just not built for it. Maybe these have been improved since (Im really not sure). The roads are horrendous 24/7 in that area. It takes an hour to get to the North Circular on match days. Id hate to see what its like now.
Lovely Stadium though.

Open question’s for everyone, forget moving or development for a moment, and forget what facilities/access/transport/parking we need.

what capacity do we think we should be aiming at? And what would you say to corporate sponsorship if that helps with the cost? Summat like BP stadium Sheffield 

If they ever move from Hillsborough the whole thing will die for me. It's what it's all about yer home, tradition & history not some plastic industrial estate bowl. A little modification is all that's needed.. Yer can't get  atmosphere's like that in soulless stadiums. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1