Moores Changes today

8 minutes ago, SamSWFC56383 said:

I am unsure why he left it so late to make changes , the loss wasn’t all his fault but I can’t help thinking how making a change early on could have made quite a difference .

Lack of options 

FBD was outstanding 1st half and completely absent in the 2nd 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Lack of options 

Agree with this. Was anyone off the bench really going to make a difference? 

Don't think our subs today were particularly positive, but don't have much confidence in any of the others to have created much more. Maybe Byers could and should have come on once they scored. 

Attacking options limited.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SamSWFC56383 said:

I am unsure why he left it so late to make changes , the loss wasn’t all his fault but I can’t help thinking how making a change early on could have made quite a difference .

He never makes early changes unless there is an injury. His use of substitutes has been weak this season, particularly when you consider the depth of our squad compared to the rest of the teams in L1.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Lack of options 

I agree FBD was outstanding in the 1st half, causing them plenty of problems when running at them.In the 2nd half he disappeared somewhat, could this be due to Ramadam and him not eating or drinking during daylight hours. This surely affects his form.

7 minutes ago, Billque said:

I agree FBD was outstanding in the 1st half, causing them plenty of problems when running at them.In the 2nd half he disappeared somewhat, could this be due to Ramadam and him not eating or drinking during daylight hours. This surely affects his form.

TBH I can't remember FBD having a run of good performances even when he has been eating normally. He was also rested in midweek after giving a good energetic performance a full week ago.

8 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Turns out Hunt was rested. Strange one, he’s been outstanding.

Just guessing that’s Moore’s way.

Tinkering has cost cost more than it’s gained in my opinion. 

Exactly.... Resting players for upcoming play offs, we've got to get there first.

Today was the most important game of the season. Not a time to be resting players.

Could have sealed a play off place today then rested players in the next two games. Now these two games are crucial, can't take it easy in either.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Turns out Hunt was rested. Strange one, he’s been outstanding.

Just guessing that’s Moore’s way.

Tinkering has cost cost more than it’s gained in my opinion. 

I agree we did better when Moore had fewer options and we played much the same team week in week out, as do many successful teams.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Hunt should have been in, so should Byers and if Dean is fit enough for the bench then so should he as well.

If there was a game where we needed our best 11 out then this was it.

Does smack a bit of a manager being a bit too smart for his own good. 

Now is not really the time to be experimenting is it. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Does smack a bit of a manager being a bit too smart for his own good. 

Now is not really the time to be experimenting is it. 

Tbf he was experimenting like it was preseason well into November when he suddenly had his hand forced by injury and we stumbled into some form 

Now we have most of the squad fit and he’s chopping and changing again 

:duntmatter:

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Django said:

Tbf he was experimenting like it was preseason well into November when he suddenly had his hand forced by injury and we stumbled into some form 

Now we have most of the squad fit and he’s chopping and changing again 

:duntmatter:

We will see...

If he's got any sense, he brings Byers and Hunt back in next match. 

Suspect he will tinker with the strikers, but then none of them are exactly prolific so fair enough. 

I'm still blaming Garry Monk...

WTF:

Hear me out. When we lost at Wycombe last season I was left with the thought it would come back to haunt us, because Wycombe would expect to beat us again on their patch.

I remembered that thought today before the game. Wycombe away had bannana skin written all over it. Losing there last season got us relagated.

Things don't look good tonight, but we had no right to thrash MKII Dons last Saturday.

It's not over until it's over.

2 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

Resting Hunt 

New levels of clown 

I think there’s certain areas of a side you can rotate and wing backs are one of those imo. It’s the partnerships that he shouldn’t be messing with, centre mids, centre half’s, front 2. All those need to get in a rhyme and build that understanding and consistency 

We don’t get that. Ask any Wednesday fan who will be lining up in the back 3 in midweek and nobody will have a clue, maybe Moore doesn’t even know himself yet

Absolutely amazing that we are approaching the penultimate game of a season and we don’t know our best centre half lineup 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1