Moores Changes today

2 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Not criticising Moore are you ?

Tut Tut 

Sorry. 

You probably are struggling to wrap your head around someone putting forward a valid point and constructive criticism. 

3 hours ago, striker said:

Agree with this. Was anyone off the bench really going to make a difference? 

Don't think our subs today were particularly positive, but don't have much confidence in any of the others to have created much more. Maybe Byers could and should have come on once they scored. 

Attacking options limited.

Byers should have started..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Exactly.... Resting players for upcoming play offs, we've got to get there first.

Today was the most important game of the season. Not a time to be resting players.

Could have sealed a play off place today then rested players in the next two games. Now these two games are crucial, can't take it easy in either.

Spot on

All season long I’ve been quietly wrestling with trying to decide if we are where we are because or in spite of Moore.

Is he a decent manager? Or do we just have a couple of key players who are so much better than this league that we can sleep walk into games at this level and quality alone is good for X wins a season?

Days like today don’t help trying to work that out. A baffling day. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

All season long I’ve been quietly wrestling with trying to decide if we are where we are because or in spite of Moore.

Is he a decent manager? Or do we just have a couple of key players who are so much better than this league that we can sleep walk into games at this level and quality alone is good for X wins a season?

Days like today don’t help trying to work that out. A baffling day. 

Well...it's do or die now isn't it. 

If he/the players manage to blow it from here, then some serious questions will have to be asked. 

Do like the bloke and I think he has some positive qualities, but we just have this irritating knack of stacking it when we've got a chance to kick on. 

Just now, SiJ said:

Well...it's do or die now isn't it. 

If he/the players manage to blow it from here, then some serious questions will have to be asked. 

Do like the bloke and I think he has some positive qualities, but we just have this irritating knack of stacking it when we've got a chance to kick on. 

I like him too.

I think this season will end up being quite difficult to unpack and analyse. I think those who say we should be top 2, and those who think he’s done well to get us contending for top 6, both can be right.

But ultimately.. I think 7th is a failure. And I think anyone who disagrees with that is making excuses. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, sheffield_dave said:

I like him too.

I think this season will end up being quite difficult to unpack and analyse. I think those who say we should be top 2, and those who think he’s done well to get us contending for top 6, both can be right.

But ultimately.. I think 7th is a failure. And I think anyone who disagrees with that is making excuses. 

At the start of the season, I would have accepted challenging for the top 6. Keeping in this mind, this was off the back of relegation, the fact we could only sign players on freebies, loans etc. 

But, given what we did manage to bring in, plus the team showing what they are capable of since shall we say November, I can't help but agree with your last sentence. After all, it is in our hands and to blow it now would be pretty unforgivable. 

Yes, we have lost today and that is really, really frustrating, but we've got a game against a relegation candidate and a team whose season was over a few weeks ago. If you can't win those (to get into the play offs), then what on earth are you doing?

Time for the coaching staff, players to step up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

Better than calling him a horrific manager or whatever crap you were spouting on Tuesday night. 

Try again 

wasn’t calling him anything of the sort 

I said 

Horrific Tactics 

Horrific Team Selection 

Horrific Subs 

And for that I was accused by you and your pile on mates of being 

a Bass,tard 

Racist 

and Drunk 

but don’t let facts spoil your argument 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mike Hunt said:

Try again 

wasn’t calling him anything of the sort 

I said 

Horrific Tactics 

Horrific Team Selection 

Horrific Subs 

And for that I was accused by you and your pile on mates of being 

a Bass,tard 

Racist 

and Drunk 

but don’t let facts spoil your argument 

If you can point to the bit where I explicitly called you a racist, I'd be grateful. 

Or a drunk for that matter, or a bass tard, whatever that is. 

Go on, I'll wait. 

35 minutes ago, brando said:

Byers should have started..

This.......

Our best midfield 3 this season has been Luongo, Bannan and Byers. They have been playing well together and Byers has also weighed in with goals in the last 3 months. Why break it up if you don't have to, especially in a crucial game like todays.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Billque said:

I agree FBD was outstanding in the 1st half, causing them plenty of problems when running at them.In the 2nd half he disappeared somewhat, could this be due to Ramadam and him not eating or drinking during daylight hours. This surely affects his form.

Mo Salah practices Ramadan. Doesn’t seem to affect him much …..

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SiJ said:

If you can point to the bit where I explicitly called you a racist, I'd be grateful. 

Or a drunk for that matter, or a bass tard, whatever that is. 

Go on, I'll wait. 

You agreed with another poster who alluded to criticism of Moore was racially motivated , maybe not “explicitly “maybe you meant specifically but the sentiment was obvious 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

You agreed with another poster who alluded to criticism of Moore was racially motivated , maybe not “explicitly “maybe you meant specifically but the sentiment was obvious 

No, it wasn't. 

I suggested there might be something to it - with some people (never mentioned you by name) -  and the poster in question (who I was quoting) was talking (as far as I'm concerned) in general terms. At no point were you referred to explicitly. 

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

I try to stick up for Moore when I can, but "resting" Hunt is utterly crackers unless he was practically breathing out of his backside. 

Yep.. has made that RWB spot his own in the last 6 months and played and has been one of our more consistent performers.

Why upset the balance just for the sake of 'resting' him at this crucial point of the season?

It would be interesting to hear from JH himself if he was tired and needed a rest.

26 minutes ago, SiJ said:

No, it wasn't. 

I suggested there might be something to it - with some people (never mentioned you by name) -  and the poster in question (who I was quoting) was talking (as far as I'm concerned) in general terms. At no point were you referred to explicitly. 

No owlsmaniac was really trying to suggest that criticism of Moore was racially motivated and you thought he could be right 

Might not be specifically mentioning me but alluding to it 

flipping pathetic and shameful you can’t criticise someone without the race card being played also two faced by posters that then go on and criticise the same subject matter