Home End

Just now, little_orme said:

I couldn't get tickets for the away end at Wycombe, so sitting in the home end. Who else has done this before? Do I just need to keep my mouth shut?

Years ago I went on Nottingham Forest home end

It all went off a bit but instead of being thrown out we got moved to the away end but not by being taken out of the ground, but round the pitch itself past a very annoyed Brian Clough who told us off

lol

That wouldn't happen these days

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest HUDDERSFIELD OWL

I went in the home end at Burton. There was plenty of Owls in there. Most kept quiet but 5 minutes from time lots decided to start chanting. The  Burton fans,who had been threatening to hit an Owl if they weren’t thrown out, decided on seeing just how many there were that he’d best leave early. 

5 hours ago, little_orme said:

I couldn't get tickets for the away end at Wycombe, so sitting in the home end. Who else has done this before? Do I just need to keep my mouth shut?

I’m guessing not broadcasting it all over social media would help ….. Just a thought 💭 

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Years ago I went on Nottingham Forest home end

It all went off a bit but instead of being thrown out we got moved to the away end but not by being taken out of the ground, but round the pitch itself past a very annoyed Brian Clough who told us off

lol

That wouldn't happen these days

Did that at Derby, passed the ball back to Andy Mcculloch when they warming up, I was dead chuffed.

27 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

I’m guessing not broadcasting it all over social media would help ….. Just a thought 💭 

6 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

I am guessing that his real name isn't Little Orme.

Exactly!  And I don't look like Chris Waddle

Edited by little_orme
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, little_orme said:

Like anything don't act up and you will be OK most places. Does help.if there are only 1 or 2 of you.  

Only ever had issues at Derby and Brum, probably because 10 of us, got walked round pitch and thrown in away end.

I've done it a few times, back in the 80s and 90s, main stand at Liverpool, Man U, Newcastle, Bramall Lane and Wimbledon. More recently at Wigan, Man City and MKDons. Riskiest was Old Trafford on Stratford end 1989, three of us in the lower corner standing. No reason to jump up as 0-0 but if Robson hadn't cleared Damian Atkinson's shot off the line.......

I've always celebrated goals, sometimes a little carefully and never had any bother, even when on my own. Only a few v signs and bad glares. I grew up with away fans in the North stand at Hillsborough so I've always considered it acceptable.

Just dont do anything daft or taunt folk.

1 hour ago, BridportOwl said:

I am guessing that his real name isn't Little Orme.

I’m guessing those who had their tickets cancelled at Lincoln thought they’d be fine before splashing their intentions all over social media too ………. Guessing they didn’t use their real names either!