The Future of Hillsborough Stadium

Guest DoesJackHunt
13 minutes ago, Mosborough-owl said:

Flipping heck mate, it’s not that bad. I love the old school feel Hillsborough gives you. Hillsborough has loads of boozers within walking distance to ground. None of this harvester/tgi Fridays retail park B011oxs, it has good old pubs. I even like the fact we have old rusty Turnstiles where you get greeted by a grumpy old man, just because I’m dealing with a human, rather than a machine. I like the fact we have a giant pole on kop that blocks my view at times, and I have to moan about it. Hillsborough might come across as a sh|th01e , but it’s our sh1th0le. I’m sorry but I’m not for this perfect ground where everything there is all perfect. Hillsboroughs got character. 

i don't like rusty turnstiles, grumpy old men or massive concrete poles that block my view. 

Guest DoesJackHunt
16 minutes ago, Neal M said:

Red Bull Wednesday

You know it makes sense.

5F4302E3-5CD2-4ACD-A27D-94075981CC42.jpeg.0b0618dd027575f65512fba96f869c55.jpeg

This or Hillsborough?

I'm this - all day long 

it's sexy 

you can stick the old clock on the top if you want to 

3 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

I genuinely don't know who played at the Hysel Stadium, so it might.

Liverpool and Juventus...

A ground in Belgium that nobody had ever heard of before.

The ground is still there but redeveloped and a name change..and has hosted major euro cup finals since.

They didn't relocate.

Hope that helps.

• Thanks 2

Guest DoesJackHunt
11 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Liverpool and Juventus...

A ground in Belgium that nobody had ever heard of before.

The ground is still there but redeveloped and a name change..and has hosted major euro cup finals since.

They didn't relocate.

Hope that helps.

thanks 

Guest DoesJackHunt
6 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

This just confirms my earlier suspicion.  You’ve never been to Hillsborough.

it's why I'm Pro Shwexit

Always makes me laugh how upset people get on both sides of this argument.

Hillsborough needs serious money spending on it just to get it up to scratch, let alone kick on, however...

Would the cost of huge redevelopment outweigh building a new stadium from scratch?

No.

Are the parking and transport links for Hillsborough that bad?

Nowhere near as bad as people make out  (and better than most grounds of a similar size and many modern builds that have sprung up over the last 20 years), plenty of street parking, it is served by a major duel carriageway from 2 ends of the M1 and has tram links.

Would it be commercially viable?

Doubtful, even if for arguments sake we were back in the top flight all guns blazing, you would struggle to see us requiring anything higher than the 40,000 mark give or take (i.e. not a West Ham situation where it would open up an opportunity to flog an extra 30,000 season tickets).

Corporate/ sponsorship, there's definitely an argument to say we'd be in a better position, though the timeframe to recoup this financially would be a non starter over just greatly improving the current setup.

Are there any areas of Sheffield that could realistically be used?

size wise, plenty!

from a travel infrastructure point of view, unless we had the dosh to hugely contribute to building new roads, tram/ train offshoots (we don't/ won't), such a site is probably not even getting planning permission. 

People moaning because it takes them 45 minutes to get to the parkway from Hillsborough on a matchday, wait till you're sat on a single carriageway at Neepsend or Chapeltown next to your state of the art ChansiriDome.

In conclusion, unless we get oil money or Sheffield decides to host another student games, there's little viable option to move out of S6.

The total lack of upkeep on Hillsborough over the past 25 years is nothing short of criminal, this should be a primary area to invest in by the club regardless of league status.

• Like 6

Guest DoesJackHunt
1 minute ago, musingowl said:

Always makes me laugh how upset people get on both sides of this argument.

Hillsborough needs serious money spending on it just to get it up to scratch, let alone kick on, however...

Would the cost of huge redevelopment outweigh building a new stadium from scratch?

No.

Are the parking and transport links for Hillsborough that bad?

Nowhere near as bad as people make out  (and better than most grounds of a similar size and many modern builds that have sprung up over the last 20 years), plenty of street parking, it is served by a major duel carriageway from 2 ends of the M1 and has tram links.

Would it be commercially viable?

Doubtful, even if for arguments sake we were back in the top flight all guns blazing, you would struggle to see us requiring anything higher than the 40,000 mark give or take (i.e. not a West Ham situation where it would open up an opportunity to flog an extra 30,000 season tickets).

Corporate/ sponsorship, there's definitely an argument to say we'd be in a better position, though the timeframe to recoup this financially would be a non starter over just greatly improving the current setup.

Are there any areas of Sheffield that could realistically be used?

size wise, plenty!

from a travel infrastructure point of view, unless we had the dosh to hugely contribute to building new roads, tram/ train offshoots (we don't/ won't), such a site is probably not even getting planning permission. 

People moaning because it takes them 45 minutes to get to the parkway from Hillsborough on a matchday, wait till you're sat on a single carriageway at Neepsend or Chapeltown next to your state of the art ChansiriDome.

In conclusion, unless we get oil money or Sheffield decides to host another student games, there's little viable option to move out of S6.

The total lack of upkeep on Hillsborough over the past 25 years is nothing short of criminal, this should be a primary area to invest in by the club regardless of league status.

never mind all that - I've set the vote up, get voting 🙂

If anyone thinks that it is just the West Stand that needs doing then they are totally deluded. Hillsborough if we have any genuine plans and aims of being a Premiership club again is so far off what it needs to be it is frightening. The whole infrastructure of the club is miles away from being Premier League. The only stand that is fit for purpose is the South Stand/Grandstand. The rest need replaced or we need to move

• Like 2

Guest DoesJackHunt
8 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

If anyone thinks that it is just the West Stand that needs doing then they are totally deluded. Hillsborough if we have any genuine plans and aims of being a Premiership club again is so far off what it needs to be it is frightening. The whole infrastructure of the club is miles away from being Premier League. The only stand that is fit for purpose is the South Stand/Grandstand. The rest need replaced or we need to move

feel free to express those feelings in the vote Edinburghhowl - i think option 2 would be best suited to your view.