Takeover ??

On 03/02/2022 at 15:47, longreach said:

My mate in El Gouna is still saying there's still a roumer going around with a possible link up!   (shrugs shoulders) 

I see that Samih Sawiris also has a 12.5% stake in Swiss football club FC Luzern, so maybe looking to do something similar with Wednesday.  
Do El Gouna have a history of any decent players that we could benefit from a link up? 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I see that Samih Sawiris also has a 12.5% stake in Swiss football club FC Luzern, so maybe looking to do something similar with Wednesday.  
Do El Gouna have a history of any decent players that we could benefit from a link up? 

Does anybody know where El Gouna is? 

On 14/01/2022 at 15:16, room0035 said:

Meeting with buyers 

So DC how much do you want for the third division club currently ranked 9th in the league.

£150m+ ............  After about 10 minutes of laughter - we were thinking about £10m or £25m if you include the ground.

£150m - £210m if you want the ground too.

meeting ends.

Unless the FFP rules are changed it'll be a long time until SWFC are considered an investment... IMO the FFP rules are an absolute load of rubbish, as if an owner is willing to invest money into a football club over the FFP allowances then as long as it is secured with a Bank Guarantee/ bond then there shouldn't be any issues, as all of the clubs debtors will be protected...

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Tollertonowl said:

Unless the FFP rules are changed it'll be a long time until SWFC are considered an investment... IMO the FFP rules are an absolute load of rubbish, as if an owner is willing to invest money into a football club over the FFP allowances then as long as it is secured with a Bank Guarantee/ bond then there shouldn't be any issues, as all of the clubs debtors will be protected...

*Creditors

I still think we’ll be taken over soon probably not this side of the summer but if DC is still owner come the start of next season, it would surprise me.

Totally expecting the prepare to be surprised replies 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 This is the most predictable site on the planet after all 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just now, Jim said:

I still think we’ll be taken over soon probably not this side of the summer but if DC is still owner come the start of next season, it would surprise me.

Totally expecting the prepare to be surprised replies 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 This is the most predictable site on the planet after all 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

What makes you think we will be taken over?  Nothing to indicate such a thing will happen.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

What makes you think we will be taken over?  Nothing to indicate such a thing will happen.

A business decision, he’s losing money faster than the speed of light.

It can’t go on much longer, he’ll have to cut his losses.

Especially as we probably won’t get promoted.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, bronxowl said:

A business decision, he’s losing money faster than the speed of light.

It can’t go on much longer, he’ll have to cut his losses.

Especially as we probably won’t get promoted.

He's been losing money since he took over, so why not do that two years ago, or a year a go?  Why now?

Not saying your wrong just curious about how you justify your opinion.   Not that you have to just curious

Just a gut feeling, when he was losing money early days we were nearly in the prem.

Now, we’re miles away from that and I don’t think he’s got the desire and money to further it.

He’s probably been looking for a while, but making a desired effort to get promoted to make the club more attractive.

Promotion is looking iffy at the moment, I don’t think he’ll want to be here for next season.

Just my opinion……..

• Like 2

On 25/01/2022 at 20:25, TommyCraig said:

Don't laugh. The Columbian could sell enough cheese on the north to get us to prem. 

Where there’s a will, there’s a way 

At least all the North would leave home games regardless of result in an absolute great mood 

On 25/01/2022 at 17:19, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

So we are stuck with Chansiri  to the end ,And the way he is carrying off the end will not be long coming ,I despise the man.

If Chansiri was a business man he would have an ‘exit’ strategy - now maybe he would like to be regarded as a business man but we know he not as his record proves.But his family members are business people and as they are probably funding him right now they WILL have set an ‘exit’ strategy that with relegation to league one will probably be activated when and if we don’t secure promotion this coming May

To that end Chansiri or his advisors (maybe family now) will be talking to as many interested parties as possible - in short they will be doing their homework, their research. 
Anyone with a right mind would not continue to carry loses indefinitely, Chansiri’s  utopia of promotion to the Premiership and with it all the wealth is now just a distant dream so to sell soon does appear a very high possibility.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

He's been losing money since he took over, so why not do that two years ago, or a year a go?  Why now?

Not saying your wrong just curious about how you justify your opinion.   Not that you have to just curious

Because any businessman will look at the long game and decide if what he's putting in is worth it. The best-case scenario for DC is EPL in two seasons (extremely unlikely) so its a case of how much more he's willing to spend in order to chase the dream?  If he sells tomorrow he immediately stops paying X millions keeping the club afloat.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, darra said:

Because any businessman will look at the long game and decide if what he's putting in is worth it. The best-case scenario for DC is EPL in two seasons (extremely unlikely) so its a case of how much more he's willing to spend in order to chase the dream?  If he sells tomorrow he immediately stops paying X millions keeping the club afloat.

Yeah we know all that.