Takeover ??

Hardly inspiring

In June, Chris Farnell failed the EFL’s Owner and Director test when he was involved in a bid to buy Charlton Athletic.

However, this was overturned in October to allow him and El Kashashy to move on with proceedings to purchase Burnley Football Club.

Addicks fans jumped straight to social media when an apparent deal was announced to warn Burnley fans of what the pair were like and it doesn’t make for pretty reading.

5 hours ago, dowls said:

Hardly inspiring

In June, Chris Farnell failed the EFL’s Owner and Director test when he was involved in a bid to buy Charlton Athletic.

However, this was overturned in October to allow him and El Kashashy to move on with proceedings to purchase Burnley Football Club.

Addicks fans jumped straight to social media when an apparent deal was announced to warn Burnley fans of what the pair were like and it doesn’t make for pretty reading.

The Charlton fans jumped onto social media when Katriene Meire was appointed here and she did no wrong here.

• Like 4

Chansiri's decision making throughout his tenure has been very poor. It would be naive to think this would be any different when it comes to a successor. 

There will be an element of pot luck with regard to the buyer if/when Chansiri dies eventually sell the club.

18 minutes ago, striker said:

Chansiri's decision making throughout his tenure has been very poor. It would be naive to think this would be any different when it comes to a successor. 

There will be an element of pot luck with regard to the buyer if/when Chansiri dies eventually sell the club.

It has but I think at the very beginning of his tenure he was very badly advised. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, darra said:

It has but I think at the very beginning of his tenure he was very badly advised. 

He was but he chose his advisors and placed trust in them. I assume he'll also rely on certain advisors in the event of any sale.

Only time will tell

Edited by striker

19 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Just what we need, another dodgy foreign owner.

If we're going down this route I'd rather have Ashley. At least you know what you're getting.

Unfortunately there isn't that many British based billionaires interested in us, a lot of people wont like to hear this but beggars cant be chooses and Ashley also isn't daft enough to meet Chansiris asking price 

1 minute ago, PARKOWL said:

Unfortunately there isn't that many British based billionaires interested in us, a lot of people wont like to hear this but beggars cant be chooses and Ashley also isn't daft enough to meet Chansiris asking price 

Correct I'm afraid. But I don't like what I've read about El Kashashy and his sidekick Farnell.

17 hours ago, steelowl said:

I'm out of touch whose the recognised ITKer on here  now 

It's my experience that not many people at the club actually know what DC's up to (incl) DC

It’s definitely me 

100% Chansiri fan boy

2 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Correct I'm afraid. But I don't like what I've read about El Kashashy and his sidekick Farnell.

I agree with you on that, the only bit of hope im clinging to if the rumours are true is that they at least have a bit of sporting knowledge between them and we are not another learn on the job club again