Takeover ??

4 hours ago, bronxowl said:

Just a gut feeling, when he was losing money early days we were nearly in the prem.

Now, we’re miles away from that and I don’t think he’s got the desire and money to further it.

He’s probably been looking for a while, but making a desired effort to get promoted to make the club more attractive.

Promotion is looking iffy at the moment, I don’t think he’ll want to be here for next season.

Just my opinion……..

DC could sell us tomorrow if he wanted, the problem is no one is going to pay £150m that is his asking price.

DC is that useless he thinks the fact he has wasted the best part of £200m to make us worse than when he bought us, strip the club of all of its assets then ask for any more than about £5-10m hes living on cloud cuckoo land, we wont be sold until he is forced or we are a premier league team the later will never happen with DC is in charge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 04/02/2022 at 21:52, Southie_Owl said:

I see that Samih Sawiris also has a 12.5% stake in Swiss football club FC Luzern, so maybe looking to do something similar with Wednesday.  
Do El Gouna have a history of any decent players that we could benefit from a link up? 

Well they're in the top division in Egypt...round about half way.  Standard is roughly Championship +/-  Most of the Gounies are in their late 20s/early 30s  One that stands out is Amro Tarek who's a defender (bit of a brute) although understood to have been a fairly good striker in his early career in the USA.

16 hours ago, room0035 said:

DC could sell us tomorrow if he wanted, the problem is no one is going to pay £150m that is his asking price.

How do you know that's his asking price have you enquired and showed proof of funds? Truth is everyone wants him to go and he needs to go but no one knows what he is prepared to accept for the club

• Like 1

9 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

How do you know that's his asking price have you enquired and showed proof of funds? Truth is everyone wants him to go and he needs to go but no one knows what he is prepared to accept for the club

DC came out about 5 or 6 months ago and said he had had several offers of about £40m for the club but the asking price was nearer £140m.

Cannot remember the article, but i am sure you wont believe anything i say so who cares.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, owl84 said:

How much do we really think the club is worth? Just the cost of buying the stadium? Take the debts over of the club? 

But the club doesn't own the stadium anymore.

so the club is probably worth £5-10m max, based on players still in contract after July this year, if DC includes the stadium he might get back what he originally paid about £30-35m.

As we all know the stadium is not worth £60m, that just happened to be the figure needed to avoid breaching the FFP rules at the time.

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

so the club is probably worth £5-10m max, based on players still in contract after July this year, if DC includes the stadium he might get back what he originally paid about £30-35m.

As we all know the stadium is not worth £60m, that just happened to be the figure needed to avoid breaching the FFP rules at the time.

Yeah I meant the stadium and club. Think getting the money back is a decent call the football side of things you’d get sweet FA for with the debts. 

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

Club is worth £1

Annual cost of running club outweighs the assets and the revenue generated. We are a loss making organisation trading only because owner underwrites losses each year

Ground value would be down to proper independent valuation. 

1 hour ago, yeadonowl said:

Club is worth £1

Annual cost of running club outweighs the assets and the revenue generated. We are a loss making organisation trading only because owner underwrites losses each year

Mandaric paid £1 over ten years ago.  Got to be worth a couple of quid at least.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, yeadonowl said:

Club is worth £1

If I was buying the club, unless I was going to rejuvenate the stadium, I would just rent it from DC and look to build a stadium which would pay for itself to move in to longer term. 

With regards to the club, you could try and organise a payment structure like Milan did with the old guard and make a lesser payment upfront for the club, then hope DC would go for it.