Everton

mcmigo

12 hours ago, MSN SYSOP said:

Don't think we can call anyone a shambles club..what are we 

This doesn't even make sense. 

We can clearly call Everton a shambles. If anything, we know a shambles better than most. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I like Lampard, and he doesn’t strike me as daft. For his sake I hope he’s got them to agree a longer term plan and his own men in situ.

Yeah, I like *Fat* Frank too...

He probably does have the makings of a good manager, but he's been fast tracked (not really his fault) quicker than he should have been. 

Tbf, he couldn't say no when Chelsea calling, but I do wonder if it may have damaged him long term...also wonder if it has given him an inflated sense of his worth in terms of being a manager and jobs he should take...too good for the Championship etc. 

Early days for both, but I get the sense that Gerrard is setting out on a better career path. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I like Lampard, and he doesn’t strike me as daft. For his sake I hope he’s got them to agree a longer term plan and his own men in situ.

Tbf I think Everton was the biggest club he could realistically expect to be offered now. He didn’t get Derby up and he only got the Chelsea job because he’s a club legend. I reckon he’s partly taken it because another PL job might not be forthcoming.