your team v Wycombe

6 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Moore said he left him out because he's on four yellows.

A fifth last night would have earned him a ban, whereas now he can get to 10 before a ban kicks in.

It would've only been a one-match ban, which we've effectively made him serve anyway by leaving him out, but we must have our reasons.

I expect he'll be back in the squad on Saturday.

makes sense thank you .

hes worked so hard recently but the quality has dipped..so good time to take out of the firing line ..

seems 4th in line up top behind Gregory,windass kemberi ,.

and likely to rotate with hunt at rwb...hunt was excellent imo yesterday but needs the odd rest to keep him at peak hunt 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, adamwestsleftear said:

forgot pato existed ..him on bench for shodipo...

hopefully just getting s well earned rest and not got a niggle 

Patto is on 4 yellows isn't he and that's the reason he wasn't in the squad last night. On that basis he won't feature Saturday either - yellows get wiped at the end of November in the EFL.

14 minutes ago, Albertowl said:

Patto is on 4 yellows isn't he and that's the reason he wasn't in the squad last night. On that basis he won't feature Saturday either - yellows get wiped at the end of November in the EFL.

so we are taking him out for a couple games to stop him getting a one game ban .

flawless logic...

• Like 1

Same team and same subs if possible. Only question mark is over Hunt because he ran his arris off and he’s nocking on a bit. Possibly Patterson to help at set pieces as Wycombe will be much stronger at these than MKDons or Accrington. To early to start Windass and too risky to start Luongo. Keep em as Super Subs. 

1 minute ago, CircleSeven said:

Same team and same subs if possible. Only question mark is over Hunt because he ran his arris off and he’s nocking on a bit. Possibly Patterson to help at set pieces as Wycombe will be much stronger at these than MKDons or Accrington. To early to start Windass and too risky to start Luongo. Keep em as Super Subs. 

agree with almost all of that ..

if luongo is feeling alright ..then I'd give him 65/70 mins..

very happy we got 60mins sat,30mins Tues...out of him. 

safety first but should be ready for a start in what is a big game for us on Saturday .

2nd 'vs 5th..

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 0742 said:

I thought hunt was our weak link tonight, was pretty wasteful in possession, also fluffed a couple of headers in the second half. I'd swap him out for Mendez Laing and swap Byers out for luongo too. I think that gives us a real balanced team with good width and luongo able to cover the back 4.

If Dennis is back fit, I think he's better for us than Dele, who again seemed to take a while to get in to the game.

Windass to come on for the last half an hour and run a tired Wycombe defence ragged after kamberi has dragged em all around.

Agree with most of that but know nothing about ML's condition etc.

If they're a big side would be tempted with pato rwb or even rcm, otherwise would like to see shodipo at rwb, even if as sub to offer more of a threat on right like theo does on left, hunt solid defensively but if teams stop theo by doubling up etc we might need another outlet on right

Bpf

Brennan dunkley palmer

Shodipo      luongo         theo

Dennis/fdb       bannan

Kamberi  Gregory   

Windass on early 2nd half, looked alot better with his pace upfront

14 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Same as tonight - but with Luongo in for Byers.

Wycombe sound like a big, lump it long side - we will probably need Kamberi to do the dirty work at both ends.

Windass to get 30/40 mins - bring him on if we’re 0-0 to change the game. 

Would have Paterson in for reasons you state re Wycombe strengths

BPF

Palmer Dunkley Johnson

NML bannan Luongo FDB Corbeneu

Gregory Paterson

37 minutes ago, Albertowl said:

Believe it's reset after 19 fixtures so he is ok now, think Moore wants him available vs a big physical side in Wycombe

• Like 1

15 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Farrell

Hunt

Dunkley

Brennan 

Brown

Corbeaneu

Dele

Loungo

Shopido

Gregory

Kanberri 

4-4-2 please 

1. You've gone and put Brown in the side. 

2 You've gone and put Sho-hippo in the side. 
3. They are both out of form/ possibly sheeeeite. 

4. You've forgot about Dre... I mean Bannan... 

Think you go with what started last night but with Byers making way for Luongo and possibly Windass for Kamberi.

Suppose the other option is to try Mendez Laing in for Hunt. Offer some much needed physicality against a quite direct, physical side.

I like idea of Mendez laing and Theo but is it too attacking ? Essentially 2 wingers at wing back ? 

I’d go for :

BPF

Brennan

Dunkley

Palmer

Paterson

Luongo

Baz

Dele

Theo

Kamberi

Gregory

Subs:

NML

Windass

Berahino

Byers

Wildsmith

Hunt

Shodipo

Think Wycombe will be a physical side who will sit in. Windass and NML off the bench, then look to start Windass following league game

18 hours ago, adamwestsleftear said:

agree with almost all of that ..

if luongo is feeling alright ..then I'd give him 65/70 mins..

very happy we got 60mins sat,30mins Tues...out of him. 

safety first but should be ready for a start in what is a big game for us on Saturday .

2nd 'vs 5th..

Luongo played the full 90 on Saturday, it would be a massive risk to start him this weekend

23 minutes ago, Ian said:

Luongo played the full 90 on Saturday, it would be a massive risk to start him this weekend

he’s been fit for a few weeks . He played 35 mins midweek too and if anything I feel coming off the bench can be more likely to cause injuries as ur trying to get up to the pace of the game , and potentially not had as much as a warm up as pre game . 

i understand concept of protecting him but who’s to say he wouldn’t get injured in training ? Or injured by coming on as apposed to starting. Every option poses risk , 

19 hours ago, Albertowl said:

Bit weird when you think about it 

We drop him for 2 games so that he doesn't get a ban and have to miss games !

6 minutes ago, the monk said:

Bit weird when you think about it 

We drop him for 2 games so that he doesn't get a ban and have to miss games !

Unless we really, really want him available for the Wycombe game. 

They're pretty handy in the air, aren't they? 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Paterson at right wingback for his extra height.