your team v Wycombe

After Wycombe we’ve the luxury of a 10 day rest for any player needing it. That’s great to help Luongo and Windass ease back to full fitness.

I’d start the same team as last night. Bring Luongo and Windass on only if we struggle. 

I understand why there’ll be a clamour to play Luongo and Windass, but last night’s starting Xl could and should have been out of sight by the time the subs came on. No question these two improved us, but it’s better to get them fit and healthy for what’s to come.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, adamwestsleftear said:

forgot pato existed ..him on bench for shodipo...

hopefully just getting s well earned rest and not got a niggle 

Moore said he left him out because he's on four yellows.

A fifth last night would have earned him a ban, whereas now he can get to 10 before a ban kicks in.

It would've only been a one-match ban, which we've effectively made him serve anyway by leaving him out, but we must have our reasons.

I expect he'll be back in the squad on Saturday.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Brilliant tonight but providing we have no new injuries who would you choose

BPF

Brennan, Dunkley, Palmer

Theo, Bannan, Luongo, Dele, Mendes -Lang

Windass, Gregory

will have to paly well to beat Wycombe who won 3-0 tonight

Start the game with the 11 who finished v MK

5 hours ago, 0742 said:

I thought hunt was our weak link tonight, was pretty wasteful in possession, also fluffed a couple of headers in the second half. I'd swap him out for Mendez Laing and swap Byers out for luongo too. I think that gives us a real balanced team with good width and luongo able to cover the back 4.

If Dennis is back fit, I think he's better for us than Dele, who again seemed to take a while to get in to the game.

Windass to come on for the last half an hour and run a tired Wycombe defence ragged after kamberi has dragged em all around.

Can't disagree with that mate, good post.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SwellOwl said:

Luongo for Byers, Windass to come on 2nd half. Let’s go!

Agreed.  Wycombe is a a very tough game and another massive one, as we’ve played more games than some of our rivals we need to win just to keep up with the Jones’.  So we need to start with as many of our best team as possible I’d play Luongo if he’s ready and have Windass and Mendez-Laing on the bench to come on early doors. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pieman said:

BPF

Brennan, Dunkley, Palmer

Hunt, Luongo, Bannan, Theo

Wing

Gregory, Kambers 

Keep it strong and aggressive. Windass, ML, Bera and Shodipo to come on in the last 30 when we have driven them into the ground.

WING ?..WTF.

I’m sure the Wednesday scout will be reporting back on Wycombe's rope a dope technique. Defending a corner late on, Wycombe defender goes down with 'head injury'. 3 minutes or so getting treatment whilst players have the drinks break ie coaching on the sidelines. Plymouth switched off big time and from the goal kick, Wycombe swept upfield and scored another goal.

Meanwhile wycombe player with head injury, has been led gingerly off the pitch, does a couple of star jumps and races along the touch line like Usain Bolt to join in the celebration for the goal. Comical but effective. 

Wednesday - do not succumb to such mental weakness on Saturday. 

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

After Wycombe we’ve the luxury of a 10 day rest for any player needing it. That’s great to help Luongo and Windass ease back to full fitness.

I’d start the same team as last night. Bring Luongo and Windass on only if we struggle. 

I understand why there’ll be a clamour to play Luongo and Windass, but last night’s starting Xl could and should have been out of sight by the time the subs came on. No question these two improved us, but it’s better to get them fit and healthy for what’s to come.

This 100%.

If Luongo starts he potentially plays 2 and half games in 8 days after a long lay off

Luongo in for Byers in the only change.

Need a improved performance from Dele who luckily keeps his place after not a great showing but he offers pace and power which we’ll need in there against a good Wycombe side.

Windass off the bench again for a few weeks please no need to rush him with 2 good strikers starting. 

Id also rather have Sow involved than Berahino from the bench.

13 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I want Luongo and Windass to start but I’m so worried about them getting injured again. Both so important for us. Very very tough game at the weekend. Would be happy with a draw. 

Assuming neither will feature in the Pizza Cup, then they will have 10 days to recover between Saturday and the Portsmouth game. I would start Mass, with Windass off the bench again.

• Like 1