your team v Wycombe

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Unless we really, really want him available for the Wycombe game. 

They're pretty handy in the air, aren't they? 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Paterson at right wingback for his extra height.

tbf I’ve just looked . The size of their team is pretty normal . A big cb that’s 6ft 5 then only a few others above 6ft , 

• Like 1

Same team, minus Luongo for Byers. Windass is too valuable to rush back yet and let’s use him just like Tuesday if needed. 

Mass is just so good isn’t he? Reminds me of the type of midfielder you’d hate to  play against in Sunday league…always running, always getting a foot in, he just always seems to come out with the ball. I think he looks like a much ‘harder’ tackler than Hutch too, which is saying something. 

Do we know when Iorfa is back? Dunkley has really won me over these last few games but concerned our 1 man defence can’t go on forever! 

11 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Same team, minus Luongo for Byers. Windass is too valuable to rush back yet and let’s use him just like Tuesday if needed. 

Mass is just so good isn’t he? Reminds me of the type of midfielder you’d hate to  play against in Sunday league…always running, always getting a foot in, he just always seems to come out with the ball. I think he looks like a much ‘harder’ tackler than Hutch too, which is saying something. 

Do we know when Iorfa is back? Dunkley has really won me over these last few games but concerned our 1 man defence can’t go on forever! 

I spend more time worrying about the health and well-being of Luongo than any other player. It’s not just how good he is but how much better others can be when he’s in the side (Bannan especially). If he can play half of all remaining games then I’d expect us to go up.

Windass is also clearly a cut above this league but we have to manage him super carefully as if he brakes down we have no one who can fill his role. Subs bench for Windass for the next couple of weeks at least. Let Kamberi spend an hour beating the defenders up and then 30 mins of Windass is how I would do it. 

15 hours ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

I like idea of Mendez laing and Theo but is it too attacking ? Essentially 2 wingers at wing back ? 

I’d go for :

BPF

Brennan

Dunkley

Palmer

Paterson

Luongo

Baz

Dele

Theo

Kamberi

Gregory

Subs:

NML

Windass

Berahino

Byers

Wildsmith

Hunt

Shodipo

Think Wycombe will be a physical side who will sit in. Windass and NML off the bench, then look to start Windass following league game

that but Hunt for Pato. Can't be dropping Hunt after tuesday night that's his best performance of the season by a country mile, keep him going. Don't drag him out the side for Pato 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NOT jack whitham said:

Think we are better when Paterson is not in the team.

This needs it's own thread.

It could go with the 'we're better without Bannan in the team', 'we're better without Gregory in the team', 'we're better without Iorfa in the team' and 'we're better without Hunt in the team' threads. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We need to score the first goal on Saturday. I don't think it will be as easy to break Wycombe down and get back into it as it was against MK if we go behind.

I would start with Lungo instead of Byers or FDB. He makes such a difference to our game  with his composure.

I would also be tempted to start Windass if he's fine after his cameo the other night.

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Peacock-Farrell

Brennan    Dunkley    Palmer

Paterson    Dele-Bashiru    Luongo    Bannan    Corbeanu

Gregory    Kamberi

...although I'd be severely tempted to start Windass instead of Kamberi if he's fit enough.

exactly that team for me.

hunt could continue but paterson makes us ultra solid for a tough encounter ..

windass once more off the bench is about right. he looked some way off his best fitness wise  .which isn't surprising so a naughty 30  would give us a lift at the end ..and him another run out..then start next game all being well 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, FlyingOwl said:

BPF

Brennan

Dunkley

Palmer

Hunt

Luongo

Baz

Dele

Theo

Kamberi

Gregory

No need to go insane after a good performance. Kamberi and Gregory work just fine as a partnership so there’s no huge need for us to rush Windass back as a starter.

Totally agree!👍

I would go with this too, with Windass & NML on the bench, to come on and offer more pace and different options later in the game.

Make no mistake, Saturdays game will be a battle, in adverse weather conditions and totally different to the MK Don's game.

Wycombe are definitely a lot more "direct"!

Dunkley, Gregory and Kamberi

will be in the thick of the action, at both ends of the pitch.

Apparently, Wycombe are quite clever with their gamesmanship, so we need the referee to be strong too.... 

UTO!

• Like 1

Agree with a lot of whats been said.

Wycombe are strong, physical and a danger from set pieces. 

We are light generally, in that department, so I think we'll see either Kamberi or Paterson starting, just to help combat that.

I'd go with:

Peacock-Farrell

Brennan

Dunkley

Palmer

Hunt

Dele-Bashiru

Luongo

Bannan

Corbeanu

Paterson

Gregory

5 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

Gordon Banks

Carlos Alberto      Franco Baresi      Bobby Moore      Marcello

Xavi             Zinedine Zidan           Andres Iniesta             Johan Cruyff

Pele             Diego Maradona

Would rest Cruyff and bring Bannan in, Pele would benefit with having him around anall..

On 23/11/2021 at 23:06, Shetland Owl said:

Brilliant tonight but providing we have no new injuries who would you choose

BPF

Brennan, Dunkley, Palmer

Theo, Bannan, Luongo, Dele, Mendes -Lang

Windass, Gregory

will have to paly well to beat Wycombe who won 3-0 tonight

Happy with that, we're actually starting to look like a team.

But I would look after Luongo and Windass, so maybe not the full 90.

On 25/11/2021 at 13:10, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Peacock-Farrell

Brennan    Dunkley    Palmer

Paterson    Dele-Bashiru    Luongo    Bannan    Corbeanu

Gregory    Kamberi

...although I'd be severely tempted to start Windass instead of Kamberi if he's fit enough.

No point in me posting my team. 

THIS ^^^^

Paterson for the sh*thousery. Give them a taste of their own medicine. 

Luongo, because well it goes without saying. 

• Like 2