Wolves & Barnsley part company with their managers

I’d be happy with Neil Thompson, round pegs round poles is what we need at the moment. Which ever way you look at it Darren Moore is over complicating things. Where in league 1, do the basics with some speed an strength. Be well organised. Where playing absolutely dog poo an currently sit 9th in the league. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ES6owl said:

I’d be happy with Neil Thompson, round pegs round poles is what we need at the moment. Which ever way you look at it Darren Moore is over complicating things. Where in league 1, do the basics with some speed an strength. Be well organised. Where playing absolutely dog poo an currently sit 9th in the league. 

Hooray! Finally someone else agrees with me and thinks Thompson would be a reasonable shout at this stage. I genuinely think he’d make a decent fist of it with the squad we have in this league. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

Hooray! Finally someone else agrees with me and thinks Thompson would be a reasonable shout at this stage. I genuinely think he’d make a decent fist of it with the squad we have in this league. 

Thats 3 of us than,,,

2 minutes ago, parajack said:

Thats 3 of us than,,,

If Moore does get put out of his misery I’m pretty sure Thompson will be given the role initially anyway. I know the rumour was he nearly kept it last season had we not had that dip in form after the initial good results. Instead Moore was appointed. 

9 hours ago, FreshOwl said:

Good. I’m loving all the sackings. 

Too many fake wannabe managers in football these days, who talk the talk but absolutely never deliver 

Competitive market. 72 clubs in the EFL alone and only 9 will realistically see success per season, excluding cup wins of course. Not counting the prem managers because that's a league of it own. 

Who'd be a manager eh?

I think Thompson would 10o Percent turn this round instantly if he could sustain it is a different option 

but I’d get him in right now as caretaker again the manager Merry-go-round as started so it’s his to lose until Christmas 

should give him a good 8-12 games

my guess is in that time we would be back in the playoffs heading in the right direction with a transfer window opening 

what’s not to like 

he either gets it full time or to end of season on merit or Mayes us look more appealing to other potential managers 

it’s a no brainier for me Moore simply has to go 

Thomson will be no nonsense play the game in the division as it should be and win the damn game 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

If Moore does get put out of his misery I’m pretty sure Thompson will be given the role initially anyway. I know the rumour was he nearly kept it last season had we not had that dip in form after the initial good results. Instead Moore was appointed. 

That's worked out well. 8 wins in 29 league games.

lol

Edited by Tommy Crawshaw

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

That's worked out well. 8 wins in 29 league games.

lol

Yep. Quite a few people post that Monk would have kept us up, or even Pulis. I honestly think Thompson would have had a reasonable chance of keeping us up. I have no idea what kind of squad he would have assembled given the backing Moore has been given but I honestly think he would do better with the current players than DM is doing currently. 
Im pretty sure I’ll actually get a chance to find out before the season ends!

• Like 1