The importance of Moore being a ‘nice guy’

30 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Therefore it basically is just a few of our fans trying to find a personality trait or reputation or aspect to Darren Moore that they can use to bash and hate him with

Like the 'erm' in his interviews

I think that’s in more recent times… I think plenty more have justified his failings on the pitch since he’s been here due to him probably being a ‘big friendly bloke’. 

3 hours ago, sacré bleu said:

Can you name a "nice guy" who is or has been a successful football manager? I'm struggling to think of one.

Chris Hughton. I know it went wrong for him at Forest but he succeeded in pretty much every other job he's had.

Moore being a nice bloke matters insofar as it can potentially help keep players and fans offside. Much as I think the squad has a mentality/ego problem, we saw what happened when Jos came in and tried to crack the whip.

Someone needs to strike the balance with the players in terms of demanding consistency of performance without putting too many people offside, Carlos and Bruce were the only ones who seemed to come close.

16 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Moore being a nice bloke matters insofar as it can potentially help keep players and fans offside. Much as I think the squad has a mentality/ego problem, we saw what happened when Jos came in and tried to crack the whip.

Someone needs to strike the balance with the players in terms of demanding consistency of performance without putting too many people offside, Carlos and Bruce were the only ones who seemed to come close.

You make some good points, but ultimately I think more wins and less crappy results is the best way to keep fans on side. 

1 hour ago, devonshire owl said:

Not playing the race card here,but apart from Chris Powell at Charlton,what other black managers have been successful.?

Only 9 black managers have been employed in the top tier since the Premier League was founded in 1992, out of 240 managers.

There are only five other black managers in the top 92 clubs in England’s professional leagues.

If black managers aren't being given the same opportunities as their white counterparts, especially at top clubs, then it's hardly surprising we've had no black managers winning the Premier League as yet, is it?

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Earlsfieldowl said:

It will be important in ensuring we stay L1

How many successful managers are nice guys?  People say Klopp but I doubt it where/when it really counts.

Ah, Klopp is a megalomaniac.

Screams passive aggressive and mildly psychotic imo.

• Like 1

As for Big D Moore:

Nice bloke...but there is a difference between people liking you as a bloke and really respecting you as a football manager.

We still have remnants from dressing rooms that have downed tools for other managers, some who were purported to be nice blokes too.

39 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Only 9 black managers have been employed in the top tier since the Premier League was founded in 1992, out of 240 managers.

There are only five other black managers in the top 92 clubs in England’s professional leagues.

If black managers aren't being given the same opportunities as their white counterparts, especially at top clubs, then it's hardly surprising we've had no black managers winning the Premier League as yet, is it?

Thanks for that.