The importance of Moore being a ‘nice guy’

24 minutes ago, sacré bleu said:

Some might argue Southgate hasn't been successful yet. From that list of names I still only count one and no one is doubting Moore is a nice guy but he's not been successful. Yet.

How many of the not nice guys got us to the euros final & world cup semi finals?

• Like 1

Carlos Carvalhal 💣

In all seriousness I happen to quite like Darren Moore and don't think we are doing as appallingly as some people are making out. Footballs not been great at times, sure, but if people thought we were going to storm the league it's their expectations that perhaps were a little misguided rather than all this "nice guy vs successful" nonsense 

And what is even success? 

Trophies? Well how many managers the last 15 years have actually won trophies in this country? Maybe 10 max? 

Or is promotion the barometer of success?

By definition some people would prefer Avram Grant or Di Matteo as manager.

I'm behind Moore anyways nice guy or not

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Just another way of bullying him because he doesn't smash Cambridge 10 Nil

I can see why you thought this with the Moore bashing that’s going on - but my point is more the fans that say ‘he’s a nice guy but’ as a prerequisite to the point they are making about him and what’s happening on the pitch 

3 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

I can see why you thought this with the Moore bashing that’s going on - but my point is more the fans that say ‘he’s a nice guy but’ as a prerequisite to the point they are making about him and what’s happening on the pitch 

I've not seen a single fan ever say 'Yeah but he's genuinely a really nice guy' when we haven't won in order to try and defend the result?

it's literally a situation that just doesn't exist

Therefore it basically is just a few of our fans trying to find a personality trait or reputation or aspect to Darren Moore that they can use to bash and hate him with

Like the 'erm' in his interviews

Basically just bullies trying to bully him

I've no issues with anyone who thinks Moore is a poor manager or makes bad errors or mistakes or does things they don't agree with (usually in hindsight)

I just don't understand the whole trying to find ways to bully him or have a pop at him personally with the nice guy or 'erm' things

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, Pughies Jockstrap said:

Thats about it in the crazy world of football.

Sorry Jockie nowt to do with football really ...

Well kind of a statement of life whichever way you look at it ...

I was about to make love to a woman 20 years my senior when I was in my early twenties.

Last word she uttered as she led me into the bedroom was those words of confidence...

"Nice Guys Finish Last"....

Best advice a woman ever gave me really ......

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Sorry Jockie nowt to do with football really ...

Well kind of a statement of life whichever way you look at it ...

I was about to make love to a woman 20 years my senior when I was in my early twenties.

Last word she uttered as she led me into the bedroom was those words of confidence...

"Nice Guys Finish Last"....

Best advice a woman ever gave me really ......

And that.... ladies and gentlemen... is the story of how Owlerton Ghost became my dad

• Haha 3

Owlstalk Shop