Chances tonight (Bannon haters don’t click)

32 minutes ago, Bukta said:

Any chance that could be because the other 10 in our side are generally poor footballers that consistently put in poor performances.  You honestly don’t believe he should be good enough to single handedly create us bags of chances do you? 

But we’ve scored 16 without him.

Some posters on here need to stop noshing Bannan off. He’s a good player but at some point you have to freshen it up and as has been said his goals and assists stats aren’t good enough.

When we’ve got out of this league in the past it’s been mainly down to up and coming players like Brunt, Whelan, McGovern, Wood, Maclean, Kenwyne Jones, Antonio, Batth, Marshall, Madine.

Players in their 30s that have gone a bit stale at the club haven’t had that much influence in any previous promotion seasons that I can remember 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mike Hunt said:

Changed your username but still the same shytte trying to get a rise 

Maybe try it when he has had a poor game if you can wait that long 

Cost us two goals on Saturday. 
First goal stood off the crosser along with three others.

Second goal failed to track the runner who’s shot was parried. Far too easy for opposition.

As you’ve clearly never played football I wouldn’t expect you to see it.

20 minutes ago, FKACC said:

But we’ve scored 16 without him.

Pretty much every team in every division create and score goals every weekend through channels other then their top assist player. So how on earth is that even remotely relevant?

I think we can all agree that bannan has been an integral part of the team and the most important player since 2017.

We can all see that a large % of our play starts with him, goes through him or he's the one playing the key passes in the final 3rd.

It cannot be denied that he is our puppet master, pulling all of the strings and has been for some time. He is capable of moments of brilliance that very few others are that we've had playing for us in that time.

This is just my personal preference, but i haven't enjoyed watching us play for a long time now. I don't like how we're so one dimensional, i don't like how we set up for Bannan to have to drop so deep for the ball to get things moving forward, i don't enjoy seeing him ping hollywood balls to inept players who aren't on the same wavelength as he is, i don't enjoy seeing his captaincy style on the pitch either, one of berating others, steaming in to tackles out of position, chasing defenders down desperately when not needed.

I just don't enjoy watching a team that has bannan pulling all the strings anymore, maybe it's just fatigue of seeing the same thing over and over yet producing no different results. 

'the best player by a country mile, at a mid table 3rd tier club'. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bukta said:

Pretty much every team in every division create and score goals every weekend through channels other then their top assist player. So how on earth is that even remotely relevant?

I constantly read on here that he creates everything and we wouldn’t create anything without him.

As a Bannan critic, I think yesterday’s second half was possibly his best 45 of the season. I can’t help but wonder why he doesn’t play like that for 90 minutes if every game. 

I’m sure if he did, we wouldn’t be far off top. 

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

For all his ability on the ball, he is not very good without it. He's also no spring chicken these days despite his high levels of fitness.

Those tackles when he's run back from the opposition half must have been a figment of my imagination or when he harries the opposition players

• Like 2

Bannan has been in our top two best players last two games. He is not the problem.

If we ever play 4-4-2 though I would try him on the left like Carlos used to with FDB and Adrenian in the middle. In a 3 he needs to be with the other two.

At home Saturday I would be disappointed not to see Adrenian and FDB starting.

Bannan with Brown behind him could work with the over laps.

20 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

Some posters on here need to stop noshing Bannan off. He’s a good player but at some point you have to freshen it up and as has been said his goals and assists stats aren’t good enough.

When we’ve got out of this league in the past it’s been mainly down to up and coming players like Brunt, Whelan, McGovern, Wood, Maclean, Kenwyne Jones, Antonio, Batth, Marshall, Madine.

Players in their 30s that have gone a bit stale at the club haven’t had that much influence in any previous promotion seasons that I can remember 

That's how most well balanced people with a difference of opinion tend to put their point across.

Who is noshing him off?