Lewis Wing

7 hours ago, FKACC said:

Is he the new whipping boy?

Thought he was very good at the weekend. Was our only midfielder getting in the box and looking dangerous.

Won us he penalty and always puts a shift in.

And yet they defend Palmer. The King of bad decision making 

6 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

He also had as many shots as Gregory and as many clearances as Iorfa.

Busy boy is that Wing.

Do you need to watch it back again before assessing Wing's performance tonight? 

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

Absolute nonsense...he's the only one in this half who has got hold of the ball and tried to pass it...everyone else it's like a hand grenade that they can't get rid of quick enough 

What has that got to do with defensive discipline.

He had a better pass completion percentage than Bannan tonight.

I must admit I never saw Wing play for Rotherham but from the reaction on here and social media I was excited and assumed it was a good signing. I knew the Rotherham fans rated him too.

The last two games he has been atrocious. He's looked worse than Pelupessy and that says it all.

It's not just his misses, he is slowing down and messing all our counters up. Yesterday we had 5 on 3 a couple of time but for Wing to either fall over the ball or over hit the pass.

Look at Wimbledon game. He has Patterson in a clear run infront of him. A simple through ball and Patterson is through on goal. Yet he tries to play FDB through and also over hits that ball and it's only FDB strength and perseverance that gets the chance back.

He has been very very poor.

• Like 1

It’s odd.

Wing is getting into fantastic positions time and time again, like a proper box to box. But, it’s got to the stage where I sigh when I see it’s Wing on the end of a cross. His finishing has been dire.

Could it be confidence? If he puts one away will he go on a great scoring run?

2 seasons ago he was barren then scored 6 in 12 starts for Boro.

18 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

It’s odd.

Wing is getting into fantastic positions time and time again, like a proper box to box. But, it’s got to the stage where I sigh when I see it’s Wing on the end of a cross. His finishing has been dire.

Could it be confidence? If he puts one away will he go on a great scoring run?

2 seasons ago he was barren then scored 6 in 12 starts for Boro.

I think it's more frustration than anything else.

He also looked a bit tired, he was knackered at the end of the Wimbledon game, could be that.

He had a good 30 minutes to start, then everything just went wrong for 10 minutes with a couple of passes and the one on one.

He was getting wound up and it showed, culminating with his volley to the corner flag.

He was still nowhere near our worst player when he came off, still playing decently in the DM role, it was just the final ball/shot that let him down a couple of times.

• Like 1