Lewis Wing

I don't know about anyone else but some players you sort of want them to succeed more than others, Wing fits into that category for me but unfortunately he's been underwhelming so far. Perhaps it's tactical but we are stuck with the current manager for now so for me, he shouldn't be starting based on performances to date.

29 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

It’s odd.

Wing is getting into fantastic positions time and time again, like a proper box to box. But, it’s got to the stage where I sigh when I see it’s Wing on the end of a cross. His finishing has been dire.

Could it be confidence? If he puts one away will he go on a great scoring run?

2 seasons ago he was barren then scored 6 in 12 starts for Boro.

To me he just looks like his head and heart isn't in the game.

It's clear he knows what to do in certain situations by the way he tries to move both the ball and himself with the ball, but he always seems to a. Have a sloppy touch so he has to change plans midway through receiving possession or b. Wants so much time on the ball that by the time he gets round to actually actioning his idea, the chance has gone.

Increasingly reminding me of Lewis McGugan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CourteenerOwl said:

I must admit I never saw Wing play for Rotherham but from the reaction on here and social media I was excited and assumed it was a good signing. I knew the Rotherham fans rated him too.

The last two games he has been atrocious. He's looked worse than Pelupessy and that says it all.

It's not just his misses, he is slowing down and messing all our counters up. Yesterday we had 5 on 3 a couple of time but for Wing to either fall over the ball or over hit the pass.

Look at Wimbledon game. He has Patterson in a clear run infront of him. A simple through ball and Patterson is through on goal. Yet he tries to play FDB through and also over hits that ball and it's only FDB strength and perseverance that gets the chance back.

He has been very very poor.

Same didn’t see him for Roth but had high expectations. He’s playing like a pub footballer right now.

Haven’t been at all impressed all season and don’t know how he was still kept in for Dons match. He was utterly abysmal then, and yet still kept his place which is an insult to the rest of squad. Awful again last night, and now I’m starting to feel sorry for him he’s playing that bad.

He played the 10 role at Rotherham and that seems to be the only role he can play, yet DM keeps persisting with him in the middle as though something will change, why?? He has zero bottle or fight in him which tells me he’ll never make a good CM, and zero confidence right now as he can’t even control a ball let alone make the right pass or shot (showed in his chance last night).

Flat out awful management keeping him in, what message is that giving to others? Time to admit your mistake signing him DM and bench him for a long spell! Or actually realise that he must be played behind the striker to be effective. How Dele has been benched over him is an insult to the club. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

I think it's more frustration than anything else.

He also looked a bit tired, he was knackered at the end of the Wimbledon game, could be that.

He had a good 30 minutes to start, then everything just went wrong for 10 minutes with a couple of passes and the one on one.

He was getting wound up and it showed, culminating with his volley to the corner flag.

He was still nowhere near our worst player when he came off, still playing decently in the DM role, it was just the final ball/shot that let him down a couple of times.

Good post

4 hours ago, Tewkesbury said:

I think it's more frustration than anything else.

He also looked a bit tired, he was knackered at the end of the Wimbledon game, could be that.

He had a good 30 minutes to start, then everything just went wrong for 10 minutes with a couple of passes and the one on one.

He was getting wound up and it showed, culminating with his volley to the corner flag.

He was still nowhere near our worst player when he came off, still playing decently in the DM role, it was just the final ball/shot that let him down a couple of times.

Not sure why he was knackered at the end of the Wimbledon game he did faack all.

Just now, NOT jack whitham said:

Not sure why he was knackered at the end of the Wimbledon game he did faack all.

OK, it was a different Wing who had the same amount of shots as Gregory, won a penalty, had more clearances than Iorfa, all from the DM position?

He covered as much ground as any two players v Wimbledon.