Lewis Wing

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Why do people use the phrase ' not as good as he thinks he is'?

It's the dumbest thing I have ever read trying to score points over a player based on what the author THINKS someone is thinking?!?

Madness

Unless the poster knows Wing personally how on earth does he know what Wing thinks about himself.

He’s been below standard so far to say the least. Very sloppy in possession at times and not offering much going forward. Shame as Rotherham got him playing some excellent football apparently. 

IF we were to stay with 3 in CM then I prefer Bannan / FDB / Adeniran (Luongo in for one of the latter two when not injured). It was refreshing to see FDB playing as a box to box CM on Saturday and Adeniran can offer the same. To me our CM hasn’t been the same since we lost Kieran Lee and his link up play/forward running. 

47 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Best result yes, best performance? 
Go and read the reviews, look at the comments of anyone who witnessed the first half. 

Your comments on Bannan are laughable. 

Playing the top of the league away from home was not going to be a walkover,  we dug in and battled hard for a great result. 
Would much rather have Bannan play though so our midfield can rollover and get its belly tickled and lose to Fleetwood.

1 minute ago, FKACC said:

Playing the top of the league away from home was not going to be a walkover,  we dug in and battled hard for a great result. 
Would much rather have Bannan play though so our midfield can rollover and get its belly tickled and lose to Fleetwood.

We beat Fleetwood mate, never mind eh.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Anyone else you want to shoehorn into a position that doesn't suit them? 

Doesn't work in the position he is in does it. 

Why we are all obsessed with playing real wingers is beyond me. Every one is useless. 

Try a diamond in midfield.

Play him off Gregory.

Do something other then let him fight Bannan for the ball in midfield. Which every ball playing midfield does when next to Bannan.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Doesn't work in the position he is in does it. 

Why we are all obsessed with playing real wingers is beyond me. Every one is useless. 

Try a diamond in midfield.

Play him off Gregory.

Do something other then let him fight Bannan for the ball in midfield. Which every ball playing midfield does when next to Bannan.

He played better than he has done in recent games on Saturday in a 3-man midfield. We created more chances than previous games and he wasn't getting in Bannan's way or vice versa as you suggest.

They can both play in midfield in a 3-5-2 or a 4-3-2-1 if we also have a box to box player or a proper holding player in there too. 

Playing people out of position has never worked for us consistently. We have hardly played a game with 2 proper wingers starting despite playing 4-3-3 many times so how do you know the wingers are rubbish? Moore hasn't given them the right platform, Shodipo was a key player for a top 6 side in this division last season.   

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He played better than he has done in recent games on Saturday in a 3-man midfield. We created more chances than previous games and he wasn't getting in Bannan's way or vice versa as you suggest.

They can both play in midfield in a 3-5-2 or a 4-3-2-1 if we also have a box to box player or a proper holding player in there too. 

Playing people out of position has never worked for us consistently. We have hardly played a game with 2 proper wingers starting despite playing 4-3-3 many times so how do you know the wingers are rubbish? Moore hasn't given them the right platform, Shodipo was a key player for a top 6 side in this division last season.   

Moore doesn't really play a style that suits the wingers does he or we would have been putting them in more. 

I would say with Bannan or Wing you have to have one of them higher up the pitch to stop them both sitting in and being to deep. Only way to do this really is to play one on the wing in a front 3 or at the tip of a diamond.

Go like this later I think we will win.

Peacock-Farrell 

Hunt     Iorfa   Hutchinson  Palmer

Bannan   

Adeniran    Dele-Bashiru 

Wing  

Paterson   Gregory 

Boring I know. But we need to grind out victories and have a better back bone to defend a lead.

Then swap a midfielder for a winger if we need to attack then. 

But one thing we can't do is play five out and out attacking players and go one down. As we all know we don't come back from that.

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Moore doesn't really play a style that suits the wingers does he or we would have been putting them in more. 

I would say with Bannan or Wing you have to have one of them higher up the pitch to stop them both sitting in and being to deep. Only way to do this really is to play one on the wing in a front 3 or at the tip of a diamond.

Go like this later I think we will win.

Peacock-Farrell 

Hunt     Iorfa   Hutchinson  Palmer

Bannan   

Adeniran    Dele-Bashiru 

Wing  

Paterson   Gregory 

Boring I know. But we need to grind out victories and have a better back bone to defend a lead.

Then swap a midfielder for a winger if we need to attack then. 

But one thing we can't do is play five out and out attacking players and go one down. As we all know we don't come back from that.

That's too narrow for me, if you play a diamond you need width from the full-backs, Palmer won't give us that on the left.

Wing and Bannan operated well together in central midfield on Saturday and we were on for a win until a daft sub changed our set up. 

23 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

That's too narrow for me, if you play a diamond you need width from the full-backs, Palmer won't give us that on the left.

Wing and Bannan operated well together in central midfield on Saturday and we were on for a win until a daft sub changed our set up. 

Would agree with that. Hope we see Palmer and Johnson down the left tonight. Brown has had enough of an opportunity on the left wing. 

Will probably be Brown for Johnson and Adenarin for Dele-Bashiru though I would think.

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Would agree with that. Hope we see Palmer and Johnson down the left tonight. Brown has had enough of an opportunity on the left wing. 

Will probably be Brown for Johnson and Adenarin for Dele-Bashiru though I would think.

It'll be disappointing if Brown starts. He has done well at times but has been poor as a wing-back in the last two matches, surely worth bringing Johnson in if we play the same formation. 

29 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I think we nearly have the personal to play the way CC did in 2015. Bar left back we’re nearly there:

Peacock-Farrell

Hunt Iorfa Hutchinson Brown 

Johnson Adenrian Luongo Bannan

Gregory Corbeanau 

7 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I think we nearly have the personal to play the way CC did in 2015. Bar left back we’re nearly there:

Peacock-Farrell

Hunt Iorfa Hutchinson Brown 

Johnson Adenrian Luongo Bannan

Gregory Corbeanau 

Brown for Palmer and Corbeanu or Johnson for Paterson I was go.

12 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Brown for Palmer and Corbeanu or Johnson for Paterson I was go.

Think Corbeanau need to have a run of games.

Palmer is better at defending but has never been a left back. We need a attack minded one behind Bannan but I agree Brown isn’t the man. 

Against the grain, I wasn't overly convinced when we signed him, and I am even less convinced now.

As I said back then, after an excellent season in the champ, why isn't he now playing at that level?  It all screams of something not quite right with him.

I hope I will be eating my words later after he bangs in a brace.

15 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Think Corbeanau need to have a run of games.

Palmer is better at defending but has never been a left back. We need a attack minded one behind Bannan but I agree Brown isn’t the man. 

Best appearances in the shirt have probably been at left back. Always picked there eventually under numerous mangers infront of left footed left backs. Think he is very underrated in that role.

1 hour ago, markowl said:

It's nice that the scapegoat mantle gets moved around between the players.

Keeps them on their toes.

Criticism isn’t scapegoating

Wing will be much more effective if he cuts out the billy big testicles stuff and realizes he’s a League One player

If he does that we’ll all be better for it